Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #1076
Terminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I do apologize for offending you but I was rather offended by your posts, especially the one in which you specifically said that a lesbian cannot have sexual feelings for men, which I have clearly shown to not be the case if you agreed with my last post.
And I apologize for offending you by accidentally implying that lesbians can not have sexual feelings for men. I assure you, that wasn't my intention. All I'm trying to say, and I think you'll agree with this, is that if a woman isn't attracted men but is attracted to women, then they are a lesbian.

Quote:
but there are many people who would not have answered yes to your questions who could have also found their answer in those words so why post something that isn't nearly as comprehensive and no more concrete?
Because while I agree that it's more comprehensive, I don't agree that what I said isn't more concrete. I think it's extremely concrete to say that if you're a homosexual (I'm trying to keep from repeating, "if you're y and you're attracted to x, but not x, you're z, so forgive my shortening) woman, you're a literal lesbian.
Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #1077
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
Why should I be blamed for other people's inferences?
This is why:
Quote:
If we're keeping the answer simple, then she can not be a lesbian if she has any sexual or romantic feelings for men. It's a priori knowledge that a lesbian only has sexual or romantic feelings for other women, so if she has sexual or romantic feelings for men, she logically can not be a lesbian.
That is the post that first received a negative reaction from me, as I have said again and again lesbians can, and in many cases do, have sexual feelings for men.

Quote:
Saya's link is far more comprehensive than what I posted, and I applaud her for bringing it up. It is also 10+ paragraphs, and far more in-depth and abstract than what I posted, which brings me back to the point I made in my second post.
It also answered the question "What does it mean to be a lesbian?" in one paragraph, there was just additional information available.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #1078
Terminus

Quote:
This is why:
That is the post that first received a negative reaction from me, as I have said again and again lesbians can, and in many cases do, have sexual feelings for men.
I apologize then, as it was poor wording on my part. Instead of saying, "so if she has sexual or romantic feelings for men, she logically can not be a lesbian", I should have said, "So if she has sexual or romantic feelings for men, by the rules of logic she can not be a literal lesbian".

Does that make more sense?

Quote:
It also answered the question "What does it mean to be a lesbian?" in one paragraph, there was just additional information available.
In my opinion, it needed the following three paragraphs to clarify what it meant in the first, which is why I posted what I did.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #1079
Solumina

Quote:
I apologize then, as it was poor wording on my part. Instead of saying, "so if she has sexual or romantic feelings for men, she logically can not be a lesbian", I should have said, "So if she has sexual or romantic feelings for men, by the rules of logic she can not be a literal lesbian".

Does that make more sense?
Not really, it still strongly indicates that if you have any sexual or romantic feelings for men then you are not a lesbian, or at best are a failed lesbian. All of this "literal lesbian" stuff has got to stop, you can say if X, Y, and Z are true then you are a lesbian as long as you include the fact that sexuality is something complex and that these things are not true of all lesbians, you can't just take out that last bit for the sake of giving a simple answer.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #1080
Solumina

Quote:
In my opinion, it needed the following three paragraphs to clarify what it meant in the first, which is why I posted what I did.
I personally think "Lesbians are women who love women. Lesbians are sexually attracted to other women and their sexual feelings toward other women are normal and natural for them. Lesbians say they feel emotionally and spiritually closer to women and prefer intimate relationships with women" is pretty easy to understand without any further reading.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #1081
Terminus

Quote:
Not really, it still strongly indicates that if you have any sexual or romantic feelings for men then you are not a lesbian, or at best are a failed lesbian. All of this "literal lesbian" stuff has got to stop, you can say if X, Y, and Z are true then you are a lesbian as long as you include the fact that it is something complex and that this is not true of all lesbians, but you can't just take out that last bit for the sake of giving a simple answer.
If the forum did not have a five minute limit on editing, I would happily comply with that. However, I have included what you asked for in almost every subsequent post, which is the best I can do considering the limitations of the forum itself.

Including "literal lesbian" is necessary when what I am aiming for is the dictionary definition of the word. It still strongly indicates something only if you imply things which I didn't say. Those things I didn't say are also things I would disavow if asked, but the original poster never asked.

Quote:
I personally think "Lesbians are women who love women. Lesbians are sexually attracted to other women and their sexual feelings toward other women are normal and natural for them. Lesbians say they feel emotionally and spiritually closer to women and prefer intimate relationships with women" is pretty easy to understand without any further reading.
I disagree, on two principles:

1. Love is too ambiguous a term, where as romantic and sexual are not.
2. Using a term like "spiritually closer" is too abstract for my tastes.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #1082
DRM

Ah I'm sad.

I was supposed to be skipping school with my boyfriend and spending the entire day with him alone at my house, only I can't now because heis sick.
:[
We will seriously never have this chance again because it's rare my Dad is on a business trip WHILE my Grandmother is away also. Ugh!
Well, he doesn't get back till Wednesday, so I'm going to try doing it then instead of tomarrow (Monday).
Old 08-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #1083
Geoluhread

Sorry to hear that your boyfriend is sick. Hope he gets better soon.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 AM   #1084
msg_themoon

when i wake up i wake up...but i can sleep whenever... i have been feeling the drained...i feel like when an animal does when they know they are about to die or someone is about to die, but everyone dies every day so it can't be that...
i feel sick in this head of mine and its making my body the sick too!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 AM   #1085
JCC

I wanted to revel in people's misery and all I found was pages of pointless argument about what a lesbian is.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 AM   #1086
msg_themoon

that makes me smile. i am cured!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #1087
Still Jack

Everytime I see msg_themoon, I read: monosodium glutomate on the moon....
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #1088
msg_themoon

that's what it became for a short while... my band name...Monosodium Glutamate...then it changed. I love being the Moon... I am as fat as the moon.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:07 PM   #1089
Underwater Ophelia

I have a headache.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #1090
Lolly PopMuzik

Fuck, it's sweltering today...
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #1091
Geoluhread

I`m sleepy
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #1092
Needlefeet

I just spent a week in the desert with my dad, cousin from London and some long time friends of my dad's.
Fuck sand hills are bumpy.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #1093
Necrophagist

My guitar broke.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #1094
the-nihilist

Fuck, I'm hungry. When's lunch?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #1095
Underwater Ophelia

It's weird.
I worked out before going to bed last night, and didn't eat anything, and still haven't eaten anything, but I'm just not hungry.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #1096
the-nihilist

I just ate at the "employee dining room" and man, I didn't know it was possible to make lasagna taste that bad.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #1097
Mr E Nigma

WoW account got hacked... -_-
Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #1098
Geoluhread

I got a bad mark in economics.. Glad to be done with it.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #1099
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My allergies are bothering me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #1100
vindicatedxjin

I'm on vacation but I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO T_T

Bring Kontan Back