Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-01-2006, 01:57 AM   #126
Wise Child

Awww! Congratulations, Helio, and fantastic choice of name! *hugs* You guys must be over the moon

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #127
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Wow, that's a trip. I hope all 'visions' don't come true, because I had a dream that my baby came out black - my husband is white

Just to clear the air, no possibilities of that happening in actuality...

So, here's the big news...

IT'S A BOY!!!

Here is Connor Aaron...

Anybody here have a boy, that could see his stuff on the ultrasound screen? That is just amazing! We could even see his little balls. I'm so proud of my boy *sniff*

I saw this before I collapsed into a Drooling Heap last night, and it brought tears of Joy to my eyes.

He is simply Perfect!!!

How did you guys react when you heard his Heartbeat for the first time?

We are all soooooooooooo happy for you!!!

*beams*

Oh and I cropped your real names out of the Ultrasound Photo and upped it to my Photobucket. PM me your email, and I will send you the cropped image in case you want to post it somewhere else.

I am SO excited for both of you!!

*HUGE SQUEEZY HUGS*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #128
MonsterMomma

Congrats!

Your little exhibitionist was showing-off his "parts", huh?
MonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #129
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Wow, that's a trip. I hope all 'visions' don't come true, because I had a dream that my baby came out black - my husband is white

Just to clear the air, no possibilities of that happening in actuality...

So, here's the big news...

IT'S A BOY!!!

Here is Connor Aaron...

Anybody here have a boy, that could see his stuff on the ultrasound screen? That is just amazing! We could even see his little balls. I'm so proud of my boy *sniff*
Congrats and many happy year to you.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #130
Suiside_Kitty

I've never pay much attention to ultrasound pics, because usually I can't make the baby out. But I can totally see Connors head! That is so freaking neat..

!!!

Congrats, Helio.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #131
WolfMoon

Congratulations, Darling!

I love the profile shots! When they were determining sex for our little boy, his looked like a turtle.

Ultrasounds are so amazingly heart warming.

MM, I didn't have any visions or anything before I had my babies. I did feel different, though. Kind of like internally I 'knew' I was preggers both times before I found out, but my waking mind didn't acknowledge it right away.

I found out about a month along with both of them.

I did know what I was having both times before the doctor told me. My husband didn't believe me, of course. My doctor kept telling him that women just 'know' sometimes.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #132
Suiside_Kitty

Sometimes I think I want a baby, then I think of the 9 months, and what happens at the end of those 9 months, and I change my mind pretty damn quick. I can't even stand having blood taken.. and thats a thin little needle going in... far cry from a big huge baby.. coming out.

Still, it would be awesome to be a mom.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

Old 03-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #133
WolfMoon

I'd say hold off as long as you possibly can. Yeah, I always say that! But you don't want to take that step unless you're absolutely sure about it.

Xng, that sounds cool! Two Lilith's!(eventually)

Yeah!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #134
Shi'ark

You know some thing I’m brave enough to admit this, I’m scared of having kids of my own, like I’m going to mess them up more then my own family did to me. Is this a good idea not wanting to have children because however good I am with kid, I’m 23 and still am one, I don’t think I’ll make a good father? I only ask because every one I know seems to think I’ll make a great dad, but I don’t know.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #135
JuliaGaltic

BH, congratulations!!! Little boys are the cutest! I want one girl but that's it, after that all boys for me.

I am 24 and I have a 17 year old sister, 15 year old brother, 12 year old brother, and a 9 year old brother. Yup, the oldest (by a lot) of 5 and mainly boys. Maybe that's why I'm partial to boys.

I've always known I wanted children. Ideally, 2 boys and 1 girl. I even have the names all picked out:

Alexander Charles
Julian Anthony
and
Raquel Marie
Old 03-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #136
Suiside_Kitty

I always have the same fears of screwing up future offspring in the same way my family did me, too. But I think I can do better. I learned from their mistakes... and I'm learning from mine. I figure, if I ever do have a baby, by the time it happens, I'll be an expert in what not to do, therefore, I'll be able to handle it well enough.

But yeah, waiting is good. I can wait awhile.. lol.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure i'm never going to actually *try* to have one. If it happens, it happens. This is not to say that I'm not careful.. trust me, I am. Very.

Very, very, very. O_O

I just really don't think I could handle a baby right now. Or any time soon for that matter. I'm still too imature myself, and I'm almost 22. Plus.. I've got problems that need worked out before I ever try bringing a tiny baby into the middle of my madness.

But..

You know..

Just in case...

I already have a girls name picked out.

Augustana Ophilia Izolde W.

Yeah, lame thing to do when all I can think about is how I don't want one any time soon. Oh well.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

Old 03-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #137
Suiside_Kitty

Pretty names, darkangel.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

Old 03-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #138
JuliaGaltic

It's very likely that I'll have twins. My great-grandmother's sister had twins, my grandmother's sister had twins, and my mother had twins (unfortunatelly, they didn't make it . That's why I'm the only child on my mother's side. My dad is the one who had my siblings.).

It doesn't even skip generations so I'm looking forward to having twins. A cute name for a boy and a girl set of twins I always thought, would be: Avery and Ivory. Sadly, these names don't translate well in Spanish so I can't do it.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:41 PM   #139
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you, thank you, everyone!

Wow, EPS, thank you for catching that one...whoops.

Let's see...oh yes, he was quite the exhibitionist. He was psyched for the appointment - he punched and kicked and rolled; we watched on the screen as he punched me. In fact, my husband and I could tell he was a boy before the sonogropher even confirmed it. My husband goes around telling everyone that Connor Aaron isn't hung like a horse, horses are hung like Connor Aaron. Of all the things to be proud of, that would have to be it

I could still consider naming him Katie (My name is Sue, how do you do ?!?) but, I don't think he'd appreciate it

It was amazing everything you could see - you could even count the bumps of his spine, and we could see the separate chambers of his heart pumping. Freaky.

Actually, I did not want children either, so when the docs told my husband he was virtually sterile that was okay with me. I was unhappy about being pregnant at first, especially when we thought we wouldn't ever be. But, after choosing to keep the baby, I have already fallen in love with him. It's a different experience for everybody and having kids may not be for everyone...but sometimes your point of view may change. I think it's okay to not want kids - the world would be a better place if no unwanted children were born. But, it's amazing how those little kicks change your life

I like the name Skylar, and Lilith. Are you Hispanic/Latina, Kittie? Because 'Augustina' was my Cuban great-auntie's name. It's very beautiful.

As far as the belly goes, I actually like it. I do miss my pre-preggie waistline but there's just something about that round tummy when you know there's your baby in there that makes it okay. I never would have looked at it this way before, but there you go

Again thank you everyone!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:33 AM   #140
Shi'ark

My cousin had a baby just before Christmas and her boyfriend told me that they never wanted to have a child at the time. My brother Gary asked if this was one of those ‘happy accident pregnancy.’ No this was a ‘the dame condom broke pregnancy.’ But everything changed when the baby was bone. If funny how life work out. They make a great family.

At Christmas the whole Rose family was round (a large group of east end nut cases) and I’ve never before seen so much attention paid to something that for most of the time doesn’t do anything. Actually she opened her eyes twice and spat up once. Bless.

It go to show how you never know how your going to handle a big life change but I like to think that for the most part things have a habit of working out for the best.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 AM   #141
Suiside_Kitty

Yes Helio, I'm actually half mexican. Oddly enough, I can't really speak much spanish. XD
I don't know why I like the name Augustana so much, but I've been obsessed with it since I heard it months and months ago. My name choice for a girl was Morgan Ophilia Izolde W., before that.
Inside you.
+++++++++++

Old 03-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #142
a damn bitch in hell

If I had twins I'd name the boy, Anthony and the girl, Artemis.
a damn bitch in hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:14 AM   #143
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you Geisha. That's mah boi !!!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 AM   #144
Ben Lahnger

BH, I love the ultrasound. Your young son and you are so beautiful. What a miracle!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #145
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank you so much.

I'm having an off day. I wore my first set of maternity BDUs today. And everyone just about said "Holy shit, you're as big as a fuckin' house." I love my baby bump, mind you. It's just that military guys have no sense of propriety, and how to tell a woman she looks pregnant without using the word 'huge'.

You brighten my day, Ben
Old 03-14-2006, 07:41 AM   #146
WolfMoon

Yesterday my son bit the piss outta me with his six teeth!

I don't mind him chewing on stuff as long as it's not me.

I'm amazed at how fast my daughter has grown. When she watches Brother Bear I can always hear her lil voice out of tune singing along to the Phil Collins song at the end. It makes me tear up just thinking about it.

My babies are growing up.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #147
Shi'ark

he bit you, arrrr that so sweet. Kind of reminds me of my youngest brother when he was little. Keep such moments close to your heat.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #148
WolfMoon

Well, he has the cutest habit of grabbing my hand or arm, when he's in his walker, and pulling me down for a hug. I guess he was just a little over excited. I have a little bruise on my arm. :/
Old 03-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #149
Queenofdarkness57

OMG, that's so cute WolfMoon! How old are your children? Can you post a pic of them sometimes?
Old 03-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #150
succubus,queenofvampires

Aww... I think kids are really cute....unless they start crying!!!Then, I feel as if I want to throw them out of the window or something...

How old are your babies, Wolfmoon??
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote