Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #151
KontanKarite

My god...

This thread has gone all riff raff. I say...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #152
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
I love the way you said that Kontankarite... It gave me the chills. 'OOOhhhh...say it again.'

(please someone get the joke behind this...if not...please refer to Disney's The Lion King.)
God, Jeremy Irons was soooo awesome in that.

If I can find the MST3K version of that, it would make my day decent again and I shall share it.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #153
Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
'OOOhhhh...say it again.'

Mufasa!....
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #154
Lolly PopMuzik

BEHOLD!
http://web.archive.org/web/200011091...s/mst3ktlk.txt
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #155
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
What do I think about them? Nothing really other than, "I wonder if my hair is sticking out oddly" or, "Is there something behind me?" Although... it's makes be feel deathly uncomfortable when I'm constantly looked at...

however, how does this fit in Spooky News?
I'm just 'bout to post this

Anyway,I don't care is there a problem of me being goth.. stuck in somebody's throat.. I think NO

^ Damn I feel so..goth-PUNK...
Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #156
Beneath the Shadows

Um... 'kay...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #157
$haDe

hehe That one's the JOKE

somebody's throat... hahaha (Fall of the chair)

C'mon hahahaha
Old 03-05-2008, 12:47 AM   #158
Beneath the Shadows

I'll take your word for it.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:18 AM   #159
drewsilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
My god...

This thread has gone all riff raff. I say...

Didn't think Lion King, my mind went straight to The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #160
ViolenT BeautY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Actually it seems more like "someone got pissed and beat the shit out of me."
Now see, if we were friends, you'd see that as funny. As we stand right now, you'll get offended probably.
If you didn't take everything personal, this wouldn't be a dilemma, and Ravenmother wouldn't have said what she said, for that matter.
If we where friends, I'd probably be a plastic box with a CD tray and Play Station logo on top of it.
ViolenT BeautY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #161
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenT BeautY1
If we where friends, I'd probably be a plastic box with a CD tray and Play Station logo on top of it.
um...I don't understand
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #162
ViolenT BeautY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
I knew my medical terminology book would come in handy!

*whips out huge 1,000 page book*

Xen/o/--Stranger

Phobia--Fear (often irrational and disabling)

I don't think my look has ever forced someone into solitary confinment. At least, I hope not.

Hmmm....The fear of sexual intercourse is "Coitophobia".

There's a fear of hair, too..."Trichopathophobia".

But I digress.

I don't think xenophobia is the proper term for what you meant, as I don't think most people are so frightened by goth kids that they hide in rooms, never wanting to go out in public.

I'm just gonna go with "closed-minded-ness".
You have completely misunderstood the concept of the phrase xenophobia.

Phobias can be pretty nasty little buggers, especially arachnophobia, claustrophobia and agoraphobia, but xenophobia is a completely different matter. The phrase is commonly used to describe a militant attitude towards people from different cultures, subcultures, ethnic backgrounds etc.
And, when people actually do run screaming in the opposite direction when they see a stranger, it is no longer referred to as xenophobia, but autism.

It is really sad how utterly ignorant you people are.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #163
ViolenT BeautY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsilla
Man, I'm gone for a few months and just look what happened!!

ViolenT BeautY, I'd cut my losses if I were you. Keep your head down and run for cover out of the shitstorm you've created for yourself.
If you would please be so kind, and explain to me why should i give a fuck if a couple of semi retarded kids have labeled me not-cool-enough for their wannabe forum.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #164
ViolenT BeautY1

Finally, i would like to apologize for this serie of posts, but i had a shitload of work, so i didn't catch the time to respond. I can't quite keep up to your high speed, low IQ posting rhythm.

Feel free to post your rude, retarded or incoherent responds at any time.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #165
Solumina

Quote:
And, when people actually do run screaming in the opposite direction when they see a stranger, it is no longer referred to as xenophobia, but autism.
Um...WHAT!?!
You really must be a fucktard if you think that is true

Back to the whole xenophobia thing: you are also wrong about that, I believe that what you are looking for is ethnocentrism. Xenophobes are a bit more extreme than militant attitude and much like all phobias it is considered a psychological condition that one should seek therapy for (but I wouldn't know a thing about that being an abnormal psych major or anything)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #166
ViolenT BeautY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Um...WHAT!?!
You really must be a fucktard if you think that is true

Back to the whole xenophobia thing: you are also wrong about that, I believe that what you are looking for is ethnocentrism. Xenophobes are a bit more extreme than militant attitude and much like all phobias it is considered a psychological condition that one should seek therapy for (but I wouldn't know a thing about that being an abnormal psych major or anything)
Here are the instructions for making someone look like an idiot:

1. Read a couple of posts from previous pages.

2. Comprehend what the hell is the person talking about.

3. Disprove his statements.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #167
Solumina

So you're an idiot who posts pointless shit, got it, thanks
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #168
electrosexual

Hmmm I just don't think we should reply to "ViolenT BeautY1". He/She just seems to be a shit stirrer. It's best if we just ignore them.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #169
ViolenT BeautY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
So you're an idiot who posts pointless shit, got it, thanks
Moron.

As with all phobias, a xenophobic person is aware of the fear, and therefore has to believe at some level that the target is in fact a foreigner. This arguably separates xenophobia from racism and ordinary prejudice in that someone of a different race does not necessarily have to be of a different nationality. In various contexts, the terms "xenophobia" and "racism" seem to be used interchangeably, though they can have wholly different meanings (xenophobia can be based on various aspects, racism being based solely on race and ancestry).

For xenophobia there are two main objects of the phobia. The first is a population group present within a society that is not considered part of that society. Often they are recent immigrants, but xenophobia may be directed against a group which has been present for centuries. This form of xenophobia can elicit or facilitate hostile and violent reactions, such as mass expulsion of immigrants, or in the worst case, genocide.

The second form of xenophobia is primarily cultural, and the objects of the phobia are cultural elements which are considered alien. All cultures are subject to external influences, but cultural xenophobia is often narrowly directed, for instance at foreign loan words in a national language. It rarely leads to aggression against individual persons, but can result in political campaigns for cultural or linguistic purification. Isolationism, a general aversion of foreign affairs, is not accurately described as xenophobia.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #170
Mir

I am xenophobic. I hate goths.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #171
drewsilla

Quote:
If you would please be so kind, and explain to me why should i give a fuck if a couple of semi retarded kids have labeled me not-cool-enough for their wannabe forum.
Well, when I posted that last post you were a little bit newer, and I was just trying to give you a bit of advice. New people on here are often pounced on, especially if they try to act if they are Gothier-than-thou. Trolls are also screamed at, as well as tiny little baby bats who act as if the only exposure they've every had to the wonderful world of Goth is visiting Hot Topic or watching The Craft.

Now, I'm not saying that you are any of those, but mostly I've found that one has to have to have a real sarcastic sense of humor on just about everything to want to hang around here. Don't take everything so personally. Ignore the kids and just be yourself.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #172
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
As with all phobias, a xenophobic person is aware of the fear, and therefore has to believe at some level that the target is in fact a foreigner.
Exactly. People don't say "I know I shouldn't be afraid of goths, but I am."
They simply say "that guy is weird" and act accordingly.
If you had chosen another word than xenophobia, like close-mindedness, or irrationality, we wouldn't have had this idiotic discussion where you arbitrarily declared yourself so much better than me for disagreeing with you.
In fact, if you had just not given a shit about gnawing and lashing against any hint of antagonism, none of this would have happened.
Anyway, I'm still at odds on where the hell you get that you're better than me for posting an attitude all "dark" kids constantly spew out, always castign the blame on others rather than oneself.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #173
ionic_angel

Is it too much to ask that people think a little? (Yes, I'm ignoring the flame war.)

You, like many others, put on the eye-shadow, put on the unusual clothes, and went outside.

However, somehow it never seems to occur to some people that if you go out into public looking DIFFERENT from everyone else, you will be treated as DIFFERENT from everyone else. Which includes getting stared at.

Did you really expect that you could act in a completely abnormal fashion and be accorded the exact same response given to normal people (I use "normal" in the sense of conformity here). If so, why?

Get over yourself. There's nothing wrong with people staring at me when I go out. They'd stare at a plane crash, too, or an automobile crash. I'm not all that special.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #174
Godslayer Jillian

Exactly.
Forgetting all the gothic pity party, here's the answer for this goddamned stupid question, and let no goth dare bitch about it under death penalty from here on:
Q - Why do people look at us weird?
A - The same reason you'd look at a guy covered in shit and singing Chim-chim-cheer-e weird. Everyone has its fucking limits.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #175
ionic_angel

One of the things I always thought separated us from the Emo crowd (not that I'm judging them) was that an Emo looked at himself and cried, while a Goth would look at herself and laugh.

Unfortunately, it appears that I am wrong. However, hope doth spring eternal in the human heart and all, so we shall see. Maybe if we insult them violently and mercilessly, they will change.

Alternatively, Jill, you insult them, and someone else can explain why. Sound good?
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote