Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #201
JCC

Yeah, which is why I'm saying that "I'm an anarcho-pacifist, not an anarcho-capitalist" doesn't mean anything, they're not mutually exclusive concepts.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #202
Stormtrooper of Death

Fine, say what you want to say. I know what I am, and I don't need you to make me feel all good and fuzzy inside by agreeing with me. So chill the fuck out already.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #203
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
This is true, but, anybody can be a pacifist as well.
Except soldiers.

Conspiracy theories are usually nonsense. When intelligent people are confronted with such unapologetic bullshit, we get mad. Very mad.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #204
Stormtrooper of Death

Soem of them are, but there still are a few that really do make sense. I'm intelligent as well, but there's no reason to get mad.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #205
JCC

Quote:
Fine, say what you want to say. I know what I am, and I don't need you to make me feel all good and fuzzy inside by agreeing with me. So chill the fuck out already.
I'm chill, I don't understand why you're so against explaining what your actual beliefs are if not anarcho-capitalist but it's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #206
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm not against explaining them, nobody has asked. I'd be more than happy. But I'd know as soon as I did, several people here would do nothing but critique them and tell me that I "Don't know what I'm talking about."
Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #207
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
I'm not against explaining them, nobody has asked. I'd be more than happy. But I'd know as soon as I did, several people here would do nothing but critique them and tell me that I "Don't know what I'm talking about."
Then perhaps you should do research, make damn sure you know what you're talking about. It can't possibly hurt.

Also, if you're interested in Anarchism, for all that is good in this world, read The Conquest of Bread. It's absolutely fantastic.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #208
JCC

Quote:
So? If nobody criticises you then you'll never learn anything. Explain to me your beliefs.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #209
Stormtrooper of Death

I've been doing my reasearch for a while now.

I'll put that book down on my to read list, I'm currently reading "Industrial Society and Its Future", very interesting.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #210
JCC

Stop avoiding my question.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #211
Stormtrooper of Death

Ok, here goes:

I believe that we need to rid the world of both multinational corporations and government. With the multinationals in place, the government is not really in control of anything, the CEOs and Boards of Directors are really in control.

But in removal of these institutions, no violence should be used. Violence only breeds more violence. This would start a wave of bloodshed that would years to finally stop.

I'm against a violent revolution becuase there's no point to having to fight something that can create more violence thatn you. Extend the olive branch, not the gun. It's quite simple.

I also believe that we should have equality and peace among all people. When the government it rid of, when can go pack to a simpler era. Grow what you want, when you want, how you want, etc etc.

I'm not against revolutionary actions or resistance, as long as it does not result in violence.

That's all I can really say for now, if you have questions, I can answer them to the best of my ability.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #212
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Ok, here goes:

I believe that we need to rid the world of both multinational corporations and government. With the multinationals in place, the government is not really in control of anything, the CEOs and Boards of Directors are really in control.

But in removal of these institutions, no violence should be used. Violence only breeds more violence. This would start a wave of bloodshed that would years to finally stop.

I'm against a violent revolution becuase there's no point to having to fight something that can create more violence thatn you. Extend the olive branch, not the gun. It's quite simple.

I also believe that we should have equality and peace among all people. When the government it rid of, when can go pack to a simpler era. Grow what you want, when you want, how you want, etc etc.

I'm not against revolutionary actions or resistance, as long as it does not result in violence.

That's all I can really say for now, if you have questions, I can answer them to the best of my ability.
Well, that was a really drawn out way of saying you're an anarchist and a pacifist.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 AM   #213
Stormtrooper of Death

Pretty much, that's about right.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #214
JCC

So when the corporations and government are gone, how is labour organised?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #215
Stormtrooper of Death

People will organized themselves as they see fit. Like I said, you can be free to do what you want, work when you want, where you want. People will have to learn how to do things by themselves yes, but we can reaquire skills lost in the past, by doing what they see fit to survive.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:59 AM   #216
JCC

So you have absolutely no agenda economically at all? You think that the entire infrastructure of society should be brought down and then people wander around aimlessly until a framework spontaneously shoots out of their ass?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #217
Stormtrooper of Death

People will organize, they will have to in order to survive. I'm saying survival of the fittest here. I believe that anarchy is no government, no economic policy. I don't see how you're not getting this.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #218
JCC

Quote:
People will organize, they will have to in order to survive. I'm saying survival of the fittest here. I believe that anarchy is no government, no economic policy. I don't see how you're not getting this.
People can't just stumble across total social upheaval and then sit around with cups of tea waiting for an idea of economic management to jump into their head. Anarchism is fragile enough when it has a clear framework for society, your idea is nonsense. What do you mean by 'survival of the fittest'? Anarcho-capitalism?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #219
Joker_in_the_Pack

It's a school of thought known as Anarchism without objectives. Though I would rather title it, "an egregious lack of foresight."

Stormtrooper, as any radical school of thought (basically any far left school of thought) will tell you, economics is everything. How labor is organized, how food is distributed, how the means of production are handled are incredibly important. Since you already said you're not a capitalist, you would most likely be fine with Anarchist Communism and Anarchist Syndicalism. You could also be an Individualist Anarchist or an Anarcho-Primitivist but you don't strike me as such a great fool.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #220
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
but you don't strike me as such a great fool.
"yeah so i think that we should entirely change society without any plan of what to do afterwards"

Hardly the words of a genius.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #221
Stormtrooper of Death

What I saying if that once we overthrow the government and other institutions, people will decide what's best for themselves. People can organize the way they want.

By survival of the fittest I mean that people will have to learn skills they usually wouldn't know to survive.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #222
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Stormtrooper, as any radical school of thought (basically any far left school of thought) will tell you, economics is everything. How labor is organized, how food is distributed, how the means of production are handled are incredibly important. Since you already said you're not a capitalist, you would most likely be fine with Anarchist Communism and Anarchist Syndicalism. You could also be an Individualist Anarchist or an Anarcho-Primitivist but you don't strike me as such a great fool.
I'm still working on the economic part of it. Basically what I'm doing is taking pieces of each school of thought that I like and making my own form of anarchism. Like I said, I'm still in the reseach stage. But I will research your suggestions.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 AM   #223
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
What I saying if that once we overthrow the government and other institutions, people will decide what's best for themselves. People can organize the way they want.
Thinking like this is what made the revolutions in France so fucking disastrous (that and the murderous hordes of Frenchmen). You're not arguing for Anarchism, you're arguing for fucking CHAOS.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 AM   #224
JCC

Quote:

By survival of the fittest I mean that people will have to learn skills they usually wouldn't know to survive.
People can decide on the way that they want to organize before they go to war on a system that has held the Western world for centuries.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #225
Stormtrooper of Death

Hold on, I'm not ARGUING with anybody here, I'm just stating WHAT I BELEIVE WILL WORK, not what will actually work.

And although the system has help its grip strong for a long time, does not mean it can't be broken. There are cracks in the foundation, all we need is more elbow grease and we're on out way.

I'm not saying we should have chaos, I'm saying we should be able to think for ourselves, the essence of anarchy, idividual thought!