Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #76
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua's blahg
So, the subject of Prop 8 has come up, just as we have all forgotten about it.

I’m not happy about that. But it’s not because I hate homosexuality or think they shouldn’t get married. It’s more that I don’t care, and thought the issue was settled, and we could all go about our lives now.

Apparently, that’s not going to happen.

What I don’t get is this: It seems to be the “cool” thing to be against Prop 8 [meaning that you are for gay marriage], but I have a hard time caring much about it. I think that the homosexuality community thinks that if they have all the legal benefits of marriage, then it will solve all their problems. However, those of us who are married or have been married know all to well that that isn’t true. Yes, being with the one you love is great, and the financial benefits are…well, beneficial…but anyone can tell you that it takes more than that to make a relationship last.

A hundred years from now, being homosexual will really and truly be no different in society’s eyes than being straight. They will be exactly the same as everyone else, just like they say they want to be. For some, this is great news…but I suspect that many more don’t -want- to be “normal”. They want to be unique, special, and…above all…NOTICED.

I should make it clear that I don’t mean -all- homosexuals are like this, and that there are a fair amount of straight folks who also want to be NOTICED. However, I’m always suspicious of people’s motives when it comes to money, and in the end….that’s what I think this whole thing is about. Money.

Sure, for some, it may be about getting legally recognized…but if that’s so important, then why not move to one of the New England states that has provided legal gay marriage for ages? No; this whole thing is about Money.

Tax payers don’t want to be charged any more than they already are in California [which is super-expensive already]. That’s all I think it comes down to for most folks. But, let’s just say, for argument’s sake, that it -isn’t- about money. Let’s say a California voter honestly has a moral stance against it that has nothing to do with finances.

Well then, nothing has changed. The Californian people have spoken; they didn’t want homosexual marriage legalized in California.

So, let me get this straight: The majority of citizens in California didn’t want it, and most of the rest of the nation just plain doesn’t care, so….why is it that being die-hard for gay marriage is the newest “cool” thing? Where is all the pressure coming from? Most importantly [and I believe most of America feels this way about a lot of political issues], why should I care when it has nothing to do with me?

Is it Hollywood? It -has- to be, since the White House doesn’t seem to give a care either.

Do -you- care about Prop 8? Do you think others should care? Why or why not?

~Lady Tam~
Dear Lady Tam,

Sometimes, I can be a little hyperbolic in my language, and especially on Gnet, often times I will exaggerate my position in order to make sure that my point is clear. This is not one of those times.

Thus, when I call you a stupid, passive-aggressive, bigoted cunthole, I want you to take my full meaning. Reading through your disingenuous, insipid, declaration of veiled hatred, masked as populist economic conservatism with a healthy dash of feigned apathy on the side has left me utterly bewildered with rage and astonishment at the current state of the human condition.

My question to you madam is how dare you? How dare you belittle the struggles of a people, your people, your fellow Americans fight for equality as if it were some sophomoric anti-establishment quest for attention? As if we were simple rabble-rousers looking to troll the world. How DARE you imply that "we had forgotten about it"? That because proposition 8 had passed we as a people were somehow over the callus, cruel, hateful treatment of our fellow Americans by people like yourself. How DARE you imply that our joy at this victory for freedom and dignity is a fad.

I can only conclude, that you are a person possessed with no mean amount of insidiously low character: you, madam, are an iceberg of bigotry, and for ever how much you show on the surface, we have not the tools nor the measures to quantify the depths of your hatred nor the fathoms of your willful ignorance and disregard for the simple humanity of your neighbors.

The only thing that stills my rage is the one thing your seething diatribe got right: It's coming, within our lifetime gay and transgendered individuals will possess all the same rights and privileges that you currently enjoy and there is nothing you or your ilk can do to stop it. I take comfort in the fact that your ideas are old and your values will disappear from the collective consciousness before your very eyes. I take comfort in the fact that you will go to your grave a withered, isolated husk, possessed by silent seething, anger. I take comfort in the fact that if there is a hell, you will surely find yourself ensnared in it, because you and everyone like you are surely doing the devil's work.

Cluckalujah bitch.

Warmest Regards,

Sir Des of Pananery

P.S. Die in a fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #77
KontanKarite

Distinguishably said, Despanan.

Tam, my speech wont be so elevated. I'll simply say that if people like you are truly that upset about prob 8 getting the ban hammer, then I am delighted that we are actually doing things right. I do, in several ways, consider you being a measuring stick of what is wrong with our society and how it can improve. Clearly, we're taking steps in the right direction. This pleases me.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #78
Still Jack

Wedding Cockrings? New Market niche?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #79
viscus

This "will of the people" horseshit drives me crazy. As a blogger somewhere pointed out, the Civil Rights Act wouldn't have passed were it put to a popular vote.

Minority rights are something that you simply cannot hold a referendum on and expect the outcome to be just.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
*sigh*

I hate this place. I don't know why I come here.
I'm sorry that you're not coddled for having a baseless opinion on virtually everything. That point is continually and violently driven home to you, but yet you continue to shoot your mouth off.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #80
Despanan

Well to be fair her opinion isn't "basesless" it's based on simple bigotry.

She just has the good sense to lie about it because she knows that people aren't allowed to admit they're bigots anymore.

Thus she comes up with a bullshit scattergun loaded with passive-aggressive reasons like: "I resent that people are making a big deal about this" and "I wish we were past this whole thing" and "I don't care if gays get married, I'm just concerned about money".

Then when people call her on it, she switches her position, and claims that it's just because she's mad that "hollywood" (ie: the 'liberal media') is making a big deal about California (despite never mentioning it in earlier posts/blogs).

What really gets to me about the whole thing is how disgustingly dishonest her approach to the issue is. Like Ophie said: You don't like gays, and don't want them to get married, at least have the guts to actually say it.

Don't pussyfoot around it like a passive aggressive housewife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #81
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post

Cluckalujah bitch.
Not only was this post THE perfect quintessential flame, but you made up a word, too! Let this day be known as the day Cluckalujah makes way into the English language. I'm gonna start using this, if you don't mind.

Honestly thought this was a term, though.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #82
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Well to be fair her opinion isn't "basesless" it's based on simple bigotry.

She just has the good sense to lie about it because she knows that people aren't allowed to admit they're bigots anymore.

Thus she comes up with a bullshit scattergun loaded with passive-aggressive reasons like: "I resent that people are making a big deal about this" and "I wish we were past this whole thing" and "I don't care if gays get married, I'm just concerned about money".

Then when people call her on it, she switches her position, and claims that it's just because she's mad that "hollywood" (ie: the 'liberal media') is making a big deal about California (despite never mentioning it in earlier posts/blogs).

What really gets to me about the whole thing is how disgustingly dishonest her approach to the issue is. Like Ophie said: You don't like gays, and don't want them to get married, at least have the guts to actually say it.

Don't pussyfoot around it like a passive aggressive housewife.
Baseless as in not based on substantial evidence or reasoning, simple bigotry doesn't count. But the point is moot.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote