Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #7526
Solumina

It is 11:00am, the movers are supposed to come today and I have heard nothing from them. I do not have a contact number for the driver, I do not have an estimated arrival time, and I cannot get a hold of my contact with the moving company. I'm stressing the fuck out.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #7527
Grausamkeit

It's about to be WW3 with my sister, soon.

I'm going to have to cut her phone off of the plan because I can't afford it. She hasn't been keeping up her end of the agreement of paying her own half the past couple months. She won't get a job and her husband only found a tempt job that they never put money in the bank from.

She and her family may end up staying with me. I got a job and got a place of my own that I'm managing to keep me and the cat afloat in. I guess it's time to sponge off of Wolfie when people feel like being lazy assclowns that don't want to work.... Fuck, I need to move far away from my sisters....

Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #7528
Fruitbat

Graus hugs. Don't let them stay with you. It's a bitchy thing to do, sure, but they have to stand on their own feet sometime.

My rant is I forgot my password for my email and it feels like every password is tumbling down.

Computers are so stressful.. give me a plant anyday.

So sorry if I'm not talking on Skype - I can't get into the blasted thing!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #7529
Grausamkeit

*HUGZ Fru*

I've come up with rules they are not going to like if they show up on my doorstep. I love my family, but I do not want to be sponged off of when I work my ass off.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #7530
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
*HUGZ Fru*

I've come up with rules they are not going to like if they show up on my doorstep. I love my family, but I do not want to be sponged off of when I work my ass off.
Good on ya Graus. You know there is supporting peopel through a hard time, and then there's putting up with other's sponging....

Got told some news that I've been dreading... And I know I have to face it, but I just don't have the strength at the moment...

Ah crap, I'll just jump in the bloody deep end again and hopefully my head will rise above the water, and I'll be strong enough to swim to the edge of the pool... well it will either be sink or swim - ain't got a lot of choice in the matter... crap and bunkum.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #7531
AshleyO

So. Babysitting this cat has been... stressful.

I've decided that when I go to sleep, I'm closing my door to my room and just letting the cat do whatever it wants. Seriously. I'll fix the damage in the morning each day, whatever it might be.

I'm tired of worrying about what he's going to do or what he'll get into and just conceded to letting him do it.

One of his favorite things is knocking shit off of flat surfaces. He thinks it's funny.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:20 AM   #7532
CuckooTuli

My mother is sick, and sick of being in pain, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm so fucking broke at the moment that even getting home to visit will be impossible until the end of the month. Right now all I can do is call her a lot, but it's not really helping and I don't know how I can from here.

Forgive me feminism, but at times like this, I really wish I could find her a bloke. I hate the thought of her sitting in an empty house, alone, depressed and in pain.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #7533
Murder.Of.Crows

Ashley O: I once had a cat that thought it funny to try to kill me every night, I had to get used to not cuddling with her.

Cuckoo: Dude, I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope she gets better.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #7534
CuckooTuli

Thanks dude, that's nice of you. She'll be finding out within 2 weeks if she has to have yet another op, so hopefully, one way or another, this will all be over in another 6 months or so. Meanwhile I guess all I can do is call home and treat her to my sparkling discourse as often as possible... :s
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #7535
ape descendant

Yeah, kitties do that, and they do think its funny. After a while you can hear them snickering behind their paws.

If this cat is young, zhe will be super rambunctious to the point of irritation. The good news is they usually grow out of it in about 2-3 years.

You can train them a little. A squirt bottle can help if they're doing something really bad like cavorting on the table or eating your houseplants. If they're riled up punitive holding can work wonders to calm them down (this only really only works if you can convince the cat that you genuinely care about them though).

For further information:

An Engineer's Guide to Cats

Advanced Cat Yodeling

Good luck!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #7536
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
My mother is sick, and sick of being in pain, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm so fucking broke at the moment that even getting home to visit will be impossible until the end of the month. Right now all I can do is call her a lot, but it's not really helping and I don't know how I can from here.

Forgive me feminism, but at times like this, I really wish I could find her a bloke. I hate the thought of her sitting in an empty house, alone, depressed and in pain.
This shit is rough, just went through the same thing with my dad. If you would like a sympathetic ear, feel free to pm me.

Be Kind
Old 06-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #7537
Grausamkeit

Fru, use those wings of yours and fly, hun!

AShley, I had to start shutting my cat out of my room at night. I got tired of being woken up my him meowing in my face at 3am. Apparently, I don't pay him enough attention while I sleep.

Cuckoo, being there for your mom is probably helping more than you know. You might think that it's "just" phone conversations, but your mom has someone that is there for her when she needs it. You care and that helps a ton when someone is scared/worried/in pain. *hugz*

Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #7538
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Yeah, kitties do that, and they do think its funny. After a while you can hear them snickering behind their paws.

If this cat is young, zhe will be super rambunctious to the point of irritation. The good news is they usually grow out of it in about 2-3 years.

You can train them a little. A squirt bottle can help if they're doing something really bad like cavorting on the table or eating your houseplants. If they're riled up punitive holding can work wonders to calm them down (this only really only works if you can convince the cat that you genuinely care about them though).

For further information:

An Engineer's Guide to Cats

Advanced Cat Yodeling

Good luck!

Water pistols work too, but I'm nto sure about growing out of it. I've got a 5 year old cat who knocks things off the kitchen bench for attention... and the trouble with the water pistol is she just gives me a dirty look.

There is many a night when I get up to visit the bathroom, and come back to bed to find there no room for me, so I go into a single bed, only to find that everyone follows me... friggin' fruitbat popularity

AO - ifyou have leather furniture, chuck a blanket over it, because the cat will claw it, and then close the door.

CT - hugs

Graus Bit hard to fly when I've got the past hanging around my neck like an anchor, trying to drag me down whenever I get the wind beneath my wings... going to have to somehow find the strength to deal with it, as well as all the other everyday shit that's going on - not sure I"m strong enough, because all I want to do is hide under the bedcovers for a long time... maybe it would be different if I actually trusted someone, but I've been hurt too many times to be able to completely open up again.. maybe one day - gotta live in hope hey?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #7539
CuckooTuli

Thanks guys. Apparently the blood and pus have now stopped gushing out, which can only be a plus.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #7540
MissCheyenne

Stay strong Cuckoo, you're doing the best you can in the circumstances and that's more than a lot of people would do. If you need an ear, I'm around.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #7541
CuckooTuli

Thanks MC. In all honesty, I'm fine; although not being able to do much is frustrating, it does make the concrete pressure on me pretty negligable. I just wish she felt less shitty and lonely. And that maybe something could fucking go right for her, just one time.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 AM   #7542
MissCheyenne

At least you're doing something Cuckoo, you can't change the world for her but you give her something to look forward to which I bet means more than you think it does.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #7543
Apathy's_Child

Hope yr mom gets well soon, dude. Meantime, Miss C is right - when things are this crappy for her, those phone calls probably mean more than you think they do.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #7544
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Thanks MC. In all honesty, I'm fine; although not being able to do much is frustrating, it does make the concrete pressure on me pretty negligable. I just wish she felt less shitty and lonely. And that maybe something could fucking go right for her, just one time.
Can you draw her a card or something like that? Make up a story and send it to her in the mail?

I was going to suggest sending flowers but that can be expensive, but you could press some flowers and send those to her (or draw some or cut some out of a magazine).

She's still your mum and would probably like some artwork from you (even if you aren't v. good at drawing or whatever) - it's the whole "You took the time to do something to make me feel better"

I used to love cross stitch, and I'd do it and frame it and give it to people (selfish really for me to spend hours on a present) but most people appreciated it, simply because of the effort in doing it - it shows people you care to spend time on something - when time is so precious these days.

Hey I'll send your mum something if you like - I'll get babybat to draw a picture and we'll send it to her

Old 06-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #7545
Victoria Lovecraft

Location: Am I in the library? No? Perhaps the pantry? No. Damn.Hm... Check the laboratory. Yup, found me.
Boy liked me. Got to know boy. Asked boy out.Boy said yes. Got rid of me after two days. Says he still likes me and is just afraid of hurting me.
Boy texts to flirt and the next day decides to be indifferent and boring. Repeats process.
Boy is a melodramatic asshole, methinks.
Still want him back. I am an idiot.
Too lazy to type in intelligent, non-fragment sentences.

EDIT: Also, I would like to hug everyone who posted before me at anytime. Love and little bats from me.
Victoria Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #7546
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Lovecraft View Post
Boy liked me. Got to know boy. Asked boy out.Boy said yes. Got rid of me after two days. Says he still likes me and is just afraid of hurting me.
Boy texts to flirt and the next day decides to be indifferent and boring. Repeats process.
Boy is a melodramatic asshole, methinks.
Still want him back. I am an idiot.
Too lazy to type in intelligent, non-fragment sentences.

EDIT: Also, I would like to hug everyone who posted before me at anytime. Love and little bats from me.
Boy only want sex. No give boy sex!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #7547
ape descendant

Holy fucking shit... it seems like my whole state is on motherfucking FIRE!!! To my fellow Coloradans, I hope you're ok... from what I understand Colorado Springs is getting burnt the fuck down, from what I understand over 300 homes have been destroyed. Its really bad this year and super close to home so its kinda scary, and not in a fun way.

Its not even just Colorado, as Montana, Arizona, Wyoming and Utah seem to be on fire too. Its been such a dry year out here so far, winter was dry and the trees have been stressed and dying from drought and pests so its been a prime year for wildfires.

I just had to rant... its so fucking close to home with the plume of smoke hanging in the air.

Be Kind
Old 06-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #7548
Grausamkeit

Apey, I hope it doesn't reach you! Wildfires are scary as shit, to me.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #7549
ape descendant

Me too, there's one just a few miles away and when the wind is right I can fucking smell it... at least wildfires smell better than housefires? Fucking fire.

Be Kind
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #7550
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Me too, there's one just a few miles away and when the wind is right I can fucking smell it... at least wildfires smell better than housefires? Fucking fire.
Hugs hun.. They are pretty scary things.

Super big hugs..