Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:12 AM   #7651
PrettyWithChains

I was told that I would have to spend all day at home yesterday waiting for the courier to drop off my concert ticket. So I waited and couldn't go out for lunch just to receive an email today saying it will arrive tomorrow.
And now, just as at every lunch time or time that involves food, little host Giovanni (brother) is throwing a tantrum.
PrettyWithChains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #7652
Solumina

It's great that the faculty at DLI hold study halls, it just sucks that the earliest one is about 2 hours after classes let out for the day. Naturally this means that Jake never goes because he, and evereone else, hates being on post and once he is already home he isn't going to go back unless he absolutely has to. The thing is he doesn't need help, he just needs a place dedicated to doing his homework. I've tried setting up the spare room as an office but he still does all of his work in the living room, usually with the tv on and always with his computer on. He ends up taking forever because he gets distracted and he spreads his stuff everywhere, including food and drink and when he is finally done he just leaves everything everywhere and it is driving me insane.

I get that classes are stressful but fuck this shit, he is making everything so much more difficult than it is and in doing so he is making life difficult for me.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #7653
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
The idea of the phrase 'another race' bothers me for some reason, and it always makes me think of races in RPG games i.e. elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc.

No, I don't play games. Biggest waste of time ever.

Moving on, being non-white, if a girl rom 'another race' slept with me, I'd be totally okay with her saying whatever the hell she wanted afterwards. :laughs and shrugs:
I agree that race is a social construct. Nevertheless, it got old hearing someone spout things about people based on skin color and excusing it with "What? My ex was a black guy! I can say that!"

Sleeping with some with a different skin tone isn't a 'get out of bigotry free' card.

Molly is a helluva woman! I wish I could've seen video of her bellydancing! *drool*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #7654
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I agree that race is a social construct. Nevertheless, it got old hearing someone spout things about people based on skin color and excusing it with "What? My ex was a black guy! I can say that!"

Sleeping with some with a different skin tone isn't a 'get out of bigotry free' card.

Molly is a helluva woman! I wish I could've seen video of her bellydancing! *drool*
Its even better if they fetishize men of colour, one thing I find really creepy about the anime scene is the amount of white people fetishizing Asians, or rather, their racist stereotypical notions of what Asians are like. I can't be racist! I watch anime and want to move to Japan and marry a Japanese guy!

I told Versus today I'm only dating him for the benefit of using him as my "I'm not racist" card XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
It's great that the faculty at DLI hold study halls, it just sucks that the earliest one is about 2 hours after classes let out for the day. Naturally this means that Jake never goes because he, and evereone else, hates being on post and once he is already home he isn't going to go back unless he absolutely has to. The thing is he doesn't need help, he just needs a place dedicated to doing his homework. I've tried setting up the spare room as an office but he still does all of his work in the living room, usually with the tv on and always with his computer on. He ends up taking forever because he gets distracted and he spreads his stuff everywhere, including food and drink and when he is finally done he just leaves everything everywhere and it is driving me insane.
Maybe he gets lonely in the office? I often study in the living room just for the company. Maybe set up something in the office for you to do while he's in there? Like a sewing table or reading chair, or just a place to sit with a laptop without being a distraction?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #7655
Solumina

Unfortunately that room is only half unpacked (I know, we have been here for a month, the amount of stuff still needing to be unpacked is ridiculous) so there is the desk and book shelves but no other furniture, just boxes along one wall.

Today I decided that we are going to see if him working at the dining table works out better than the coffee table. He isn't super happy about facing the wall but so far it seems better but I still would prefer him in the other room since he is so easily distracted I really can't be doing anything, including stuff I need to get done like dishes or even just walking around, without him turning around to find out exactly what I'm doing...then again in the other room he goes to look out the window every time he hears a sound outside so I guess that isn't a ton better. He is just hopelessly easy to distract.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #7656
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its even better if they fetishize men of colour, one thing I find really creepy about the anime scene is the amount of white people fetishizing Asians, or rather, their racist stereotypical notions of what Asians are like. I can't be racist! I watch anime and want to move to Japan and marry a Japanese guy!

I told Versus today I'm only dating him for the benefit of using him as my "I'm not racist" card XD
I got lambasted on a forum one time for getting onto people about fetishizing yaoi. It's one thing to like something, but it's clearly a fetish in some circles and they don't want to hear that it could be wrong or demeaning to others.

I wonder how Peaches feels about being your "I'm not racist" card?

Sol, I have to have quiet to really study. I'm easily distracted and living right across the street from my cousin didn't help at the beginning of my summer semester. Not that I ever minded spending time with her and her kids. It just wasn't good for my study time. Now that I'm living closer to the kids in my own lil apartment it's much easier to get my schoolwork done.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #7657
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I got lambasted on a forum one time for getting onto people about fetishizing yaoi. It's one thing to like something, but it's clearly a fetish in some circles and they don't want to hear that it could be wrong or demeaning to others.

I wonder how Peaches feels about being your "I'm not racist" card?
I've often been smacked down by people for trying to explain that fetishization of "BBW" and "SSBBW" people is quite demeaning, and as someone who is that size it really bothers me to think that the idea that I'm only attractive on a fetish level. Apparently by saying that I'm the one who is demeaning women...

Only at this moment have I realised that Versus and Peaches were not two different people and that Saya wasn't poly-dating..
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #7658
Miss Absynthe

^^Post number 333.. I'm a demi-beast!
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #7659
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I've often been smacked down by people for trying to explain that fetishization of "BBW" and "SSBBW" people is quite demeaning, and as someone who is that size it really bothers me to think that the idea that I'm only attractive on a fetish level. Apparently by saying that I'm the one who is demeaning women...
I know how you feel.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #7660
Mir

I totally festishize Braillian women with their big ole butts!

Yeah! Smack me down! I deserve it!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #7661
MissCheyenne

So, my 'minor' chest infection turned out to be pneumonia. I spent a weekend camping at a festival feeling like shit convinced that I'd feel better in a couple of days. As well as coming back with a broken toe, I came back with a raging fever and had to practically beg for an emergency doctors appointment. On the mend now thankfully.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #7662
Mir

Get well soon, I command thee!

God damn, I hope that festival was worth the broken toe and pneumonia! =]
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #7663
MissCheyenne

It was a good festival though I'm sure it would have been even better if I'd been feeling 100%.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #7664
Versus

So, some cunt ran me over with her Nissan today.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #7665
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
So, some cunt ran me over with her Nissan today.
Are you okay?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #7666
Versus

It's never okay to say the c word.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #7667
Solumina

Just sold the car for a lot less than we expected, unfortunately since the car is with Jake's parents we were kind of low on options since they made it kind of clear they would take it to the nearest dealership or two but nothing more. I can't really blame them, its my car and therefor my responsibility, it just sucks that the best offer is about $2000 less than we could expect to get by selling it outright and we could really use that extra money.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #7668
Saya

I feel like a cunt.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #7669
Geoluhread

My ear has been hurting for about two weeks now, below the bar exactly.. I took it off for a few days and seems that something bit me there.. when I felt fine I put it back and now it's hurting again =/ I can't sleep on my right side now.
I've had the bar for four years now without a problem =/

On another note, I have THE WORST caffeine headache. EVER.
It's been a loooooooooong time since I had ANY type of coffee.. and about a month not having tea (which I drink, a lot)
I'm gonna puke.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #7670
Angelic Dissonance2

Took Kratom today on an empty stomach and puked about 9:30 am.

Best sick day working, ever.

Also, I'll probably take that overtime day at Hamburg... [shudders] Hamburg.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #7671
Solumina

I really, really want to go camping tomorrow. We have no obligations for the day, the weather is supposed to be nice, and I just really want to get out an do something but my body just is not cooperating. *Fair warning there will be a little bit of tmi coming up* I'm having the worst period cramps that I can ever remember having. They have always been bad, to the point where my doctor and I have talked and tried a few things but so far there doesn't seem to be a safe way to ease that pain thanks to some other issues (and the fact that they won't let a 25 year old with no children have a hysterectomy, the safest option I would have, unless there is something much more seriously wrong). On top of the nasty pain the blood flow is insane. Like I've been changing my tampon every 2-3 hours and still absolutely needing a liner kind of insane. Again this is not exactly something completely new and unfamiliar, and in fact not the worst I've experienced, it just really gets in the way of life and I'm getting fed up with my own body preventing me from doing what I want for at least a few days every month.

It isn't fair and I just want it to stop, hell I'd be perfectly happy with a normal period but apparently that just isn't an option.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #7672
Versus

That sucks, Sol. I've been bed ridden all weekend when I wanted to go out, too.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #7673
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
(and the fact that they won't let a 25 year old with no children have a hysterectomy, the safest option I would have, unless there is something much more seriously wrong)
Probably not a current option I suspect, but could you not save up to have that done privately at some point in the future, if there is no other treatment that is safe ?

I know you have to pay for most healthcare in the US anyway ,but surely there are full on private clinics/surgeons who would do this for you? If it's that bad and you are willing, and know all the risks/future lack of offspring ect? It is after all your body and your choice, and if you have the money to pay for it at some point who's to stop you?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #7674
Versus

The Navy would pay for it. Medical benefits extend to dependents.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #7675
Saya

The reason doctors are loathe to do it for young women is pretty much they don't want to be sued if the women change their minds later in life and say "I was young and impressionable! You should have known better!". Fear of malpractice charges actually dictate a lot of what doctors do, its part of the reason c-section rates are so high, might as well haul the baby out that way rather than wait forever and risk something going wrong.

Solumina, have you considered depo provera? There are side effects that might make it not worth it, but my sister was in the same boat and went on depo for a year, and it took another year for everything started up again, so she was two years without a period. Bad thing was it made her really depressed.