Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #101
pothead

I don't know if God see's anything wrong with pot, but sure I will put my pipe down, even though I'm a preacher
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #102
ape descendant

Eternal hell is the cruelest thing I've ever heard of... if god is real, and lets that happen, then he's an asshole and I'd refuse to worship such a jerk on principle alone.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #103
pothead

see hell wasn't created for man it was created for satan, and his demons, beecause they went on a strike in heaven, and tryed to overthrow GOD.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #104
MissCheyenne

Wait, Satan tried to overthrow God in heaven? Where does the bible say this?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #105
Saya

He didn't, but he did in Paradise Lost. Its one of the best fan fictions ever written.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #106
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
I think about doing right things all the time , because I want to follow God, the ones who say they are christians, and do such a thing are not true christians or else they wouldn't have done such a thing.
You really are a fucking idiot. Has it never occurred to you that the "right" or "good" things simply need doing ?

It makes no difference whatsoever , what religion ( or not ) the Do-er practices. If you were in a situation where you needed help of some sort, and someone helped you, would you not be thankful and grateful for that? Would it really matter what religion your helper was if for example, they saved your life in some way?

Are you actually stupid enough to honestly believe that people who identify themselves as christian, yet help others purely because help is needed, and not because your god said to do it, are not good people ? And would be shunned by your god who supposedly requires you to help others? What difference does it make? Someone got the help they needed, something good was achieved and everyone is happy all round.

There is no wrong whatsoever in that.

Do you honestly think that christians, or anyone else for that matter, should not help people unless they feel your god has told them to?

That they should allow someone to get shot , or starve, or die of an illness that could be treated by buying or donating money for the medication needed? Purely because if they did it because it needed doing, they would go to some horrible furnace for all eternity?

Seriously if that's the case, you need a fucking lobotomy.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #107
Saya

I think its safe to say its a troll, honeythorn, although we can vote on it in the committee thread.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #108
honeythorn

I figured, but it still annoyed me enough for me to want to post Sadly the view I quoted, is one that I have seen/heard genuinely expressed by some christians, so it's not just a product of trolling unfortunately.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #109
EldritchAbomination

Location: Your girlfriend's bed. And I make her scream louder than you do.
Obvious troll is... well, obvious.
EldritchAbomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #110
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
see hell wasn't created for man it was created for satan, and his demons, beecause they went on a strike in heaven, and tryed to overthrow GOD.
....doesn't he still send people there?

When you really boil the mythology down, Satan got thrown out because he was tired of being forced to worship a jealous, angry, hateful deity.

I mean, for fucks sake, the flood, whole cities killed off, plagues on innocent Egyptians (punishing a whole people for what one pharaoh did), and it can't be chalked up to "wickedness" because he fucked up Job's whole life on a bet.

These are not the actions of a benevolent being. No one deserves to be tortured forever, not even people like Hitler or Jack the Ripper, let alone good people who's only "crime" is disbelief.

When I lay it out and actually think about it, I come to the conclusion that Satan is the good guy in this myth.

Be Kind
Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #111
pothead

there is good ppl, and bad ppl
Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #112
Ben Lahnger

And there it is. Once again I can't make it into the cool kids club!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #113
Alan

Where in the bible does it say that hell was created for satan?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #114
Ben Lahnger

* edit * - I really want Pothead to answer this.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #115
pothead

ppl only go to hell because they follow satan
Old 04-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #116
Alan

real classy
Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #117
ape descendant

Be Kind
Old 04-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #118
pothead

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #119
Alan

I have understood that verse to mean that god does not even spare angels who sin; not about satan.
If it indeed talks about the non-biblical myth of the fall of satan from heaven, why is it not mentioned anywhere in the old testament?
There is an immense difference in being cast to earth and in being condemned to hell. The second does not appear anywhere in the bible.
real classy
Old 04-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #120
pothead

the fall of satan is mentioned in daniel, in the old test, and in a few other places
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #121
Alan

None that send him to hell. You're picking and choosing from the bible; or worse, you get your religion from pop culture references.
real classy
Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #122
pothead

the ultimate place for satan is the lake of fire which is different then hell, but his place is in the bottemless pit. I am not really picking and choosing really I'm going by what I believe.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #123
ape descendant

The lake of fire is in revelations, it references the devil, beast and some other folks being thrown in and tortured for eternity.

I don't condone torture, let alone eternal torture, I feel that it is immoral. I think its a pretty sad affair when one such as I am more benevolent, forgiving and moral than a god who is supposed to be all about love and omnipotent to boot.

It sickens me when people throw the idea of hellfire and eternal torture around as if its nothing, especially when the "worst" thing one did was to disbelieve in their mythos and fail to accept their imaginary friend as lord and savior.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1225312590.jpg

Be Kind
Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #124
pothead

it is sad to me that ppl that reject jesus go there, but all I can do is tell them that jesus loves them, but Gof doesn't want them to go there, they go there because they reject Jesus
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #125
ape descendant

Do you think its moral to send people to eternal torture in hell for simply not believing in god? Is it right? Is this good? A simple yes or no will do.

Be Kind