Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: what do you think of gay marriages?
i totally support it 147 81.22%
ugh, it's disgusting 9 4.97%
don't care 25 13.81%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #26
MrMaelstrom

There is a thread called "Goth Politics" where this issue has been addressed before.

I leave you with my words of wisdom on the subject, quoted from said thread (which also includes abortion, war and *shudder* politics).

Whether or not being gay is a genetic or environmental in nature is completely beside the point. They're gay, they here, they won't go away and they're here to stay (sounded like a gay slogan, di'n'it?)

"Gay marriage. If you believe homosexual practices to be indecent, and that two people who love each other should only have the same rights as other people if the one they love is from the opposite sex, you need read no further, and should probably be wondering what the hell are you doing on this site anyway.

Homosexuals, lesbians and sheep-shaggers (we have aussies here) love their country as much as their countrymen and have the right to defend it and fight for it. Thousands of years ago, 300 spartans fought alongside their lovers against the whole of Xerxes empire and held it off for three days, dying to the last man, and giving the rest of the greek city-states time to regroup and win the Peloponisian War (look up Thermopylae). This should serve as an example for that.

Regarding civil union, a man and a woman who are married in my country, have the right to tax-benefits, lower interest rates on home loans, are able to visit eachother in hospital and are dully protected by the law in case of their spouses death. The gender of the person you love should not make you outcasts.

Regarding adoption, a loving family is a loving family, regardless of the gender of the parents.

Regarding a religious wedding, the issue needs to be brought up with the institution governing your religion and not the government. I believe in the separation of church and state, and always will. In a last-case scenario, an institution which doesn't accept you is an institution you have no need for, and is not an institution with the capacity to tell you you don't have the right to believe your god(s).

Anything else? Ask Mr.Maelstrom (I'm not making house-calls at the moment, but leave a message). "
Old 04-15-2004, 10:43 AM   #27
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Anything else? Ask Mr.Maelstrom (I'm not making house-calls at the moment, but leave a message). "
Dear Mr. Maelstrom,

I am a 21 year old Virgin from Guam

My boyfriend wants me to have sex with him

Which I am thinking about becuz I really do like him

But the problem is he wants me to dress up in a Pikachu costume..

I really do like Pokemon but somehow I had imagined my first time being more romantic..Sometimes when we make out he grabs my hands and places them on his testicles and screams " PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU!!"
It really makes me uncomfortable and I need your help..

Being a collecter of Hymens yourself,
I just knew you would know what to do about this situation..

Thank You in Advance,

Horny and Yellow in Guam
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #28
MrMaelstrom

And another thing.
The only reason this thread wasn't merged (yet) with "Goth Politics" is the fact it has a poll.

Regarding the poll, one person at least voted that they thought the issue to be disgusting. I'd like that person to post their views on the subject. You never know, I might learn something.

For those who voted they don't care, I'd give them the line "For whom the bell tolls", but seen as you're probably too dumb to know what I'm talking about, or would think it to be nothing more than a Hemingway book, i'll explain it in a different way.

This was said by a german catholic priest in the aftermath of WWII:

"When they (nazis) came and they took the homosexuals away, we (the church) were even glad, because we saw them as an aberration to the eyes of God, so we did nothing.

When they took away the jews, we were also relieved to see those who worship God the wrong way and had Jesus crucified taken away. So we did nothing.

When they took the romani people (gypsies) away along with the mentally ill and handicapped, we were glad that nature would be corrected (handicapped) and that those pseudo-pagans (gypsies) wouldn't be seen again. So we did nothing.

When they finally came to take us away, there was no one left to help us."

Think about what that means....
Old 04-15-2004, 10:55 AM   #29
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Liar, I've been to Guam. That obviously means there's no 21 year-old virgins there (anymore).

NEXT!
Old 04-15-2004, 10:58 AM   #30
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Quote:
Liar, I've been to Guam. That obviously means there's no 21 year-old virgins there (anymore).

NEXT!
Uhh, Did I say Guam??

I meant Zaire.

Yeah, thats right..

Zaire..

Humbly,

Squishy in Zaire

:shock:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:18 AM   #31
Ravena

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NEXT!
Uhh, Did I say Guam??

I meant Zaire.

Yeah, thats right..

Zaire..

Humbly,

Squishy in Zaire

:shock:

You guys a fuckin great......
Is it true that in Guam virgins are not allowed to marry?????? :?: I heard that, plus the fact that they pay men to take their virginity in order to be 'marriable'.
:?:
There's a job for Maelstrom... Bush as well, since he's screwed everyone over....
Bad girl. :twisted:

*Bows down to Wolfie* Oooooh sarcasm... Teach me...... Teach me all you know!!!! :lol:
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Ravena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:41 AM   #32
bexxle

Well, held back from the discussion for quite awhile. The biggest reason that gay marriages should be legal is for security to those involved. Gay relationships can imitate Straight relationships. Two people deciding for the rest of their lives they will be together. In some cases one will decide to be like a house wife. They give all their time and support to their spouse. Imagine twenty years of your life cooking and cleaning to support the bread winner and then they just bail on you leaving you broke when 50. It’s not pretty.

I’m not gay, but I’ve known quite a few gay couples. They are committed to each other. Jealous when someone shows interest in their partner and have all the hopes and aspirations two people have when deciding there will be no other.

However, in the past, people (con artists) have used gay marriage and palimony as blackmail. How easy it is to say, give me money or I’ll take you to court and say you’re gay? It’s too easy. Then people are victims of circumstance.

I think that gay marriages are okay, if performed by court justice or priest. However, common law marriages are not acceptable. First, more straight same sex roommates occupy space together for lengths of time out of connivance, than gay couples. Secondly, it’s a harsh world. If you can’t get the ring, maybe it’s time to move on. It’s not a double standard, just a fact.

- Skinny Puppy -
bexxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #33
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexxle
Well, held back from the discussion for quite awhile. The biggest reason that gay marriages should be legal is for security to those involved.
Easy to read and understand. Good. Not only I understand it, but agree as well

Quote:
Gay relationships can imitate Straight relationships.
I don't see why they should try to "imitate" or live up to a straight family standard. I think it's the differences that enrich diversity in upbringing.

Quote:
Two people deciding for the rest of their lives they will be together.
Not so well written, but one can easily see what you mean to say.
Again, I agree.

Quote:
In some cases one will decide to be like a house wife. They give all their time and support to their spouse. Imagine twenty years of your life cooking and cleaning to support the bread winner and then they just bail on you leaving you broke when 50. It’s not pretty.
Again, it goes along with the "imitation" lifestyle I mentioned above.

Quote:
I’m not gay, but I’ve known quite a few gay couples. They are committed to each other. Jealous when someone shows interest in their partner and have all the hopes and aspirations two people have when deciding there will be no other.
Clap! Clap! Clap!

Quote:
However, in the past, people (con artists) have used gay marriage and palimony as blackmail. How easy it is to say, give me money or I’ll take you to court and say you’re gay? It’s too easy. Then people are victims of circumstance.
I believe I understand what you mean, but I'm just not sure. Can you elaborate?

Quote:
I think that gay marriages are okay, if performed by court justice or priest. However, common law marriages are not acceptable.
Lost me again. By whom are they not acceptable? You or society?
Old 04-20-2004, 01:44 AM   #34
ghostposts

Sorry, after working as a nurses aid in a hospital, I'm almost militant on the subject. I know I shouldn't post till I've been around a little longer, but this hits close to home.

People who loved a lifetime can be kept from the room of their dying lover by misguided and predjudiced family members.

I let them in against hospital policy. After the first stand-off, my superiors learned not to argue. They were too short handed to fire me. :wink: Like I cared.

These people deserve the same rights and protections as everyone else.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:08 AM   #35
MrMaelstrom

Bravo Ghostposts. It's people with your that make a difference in this shitty little life.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:45 AM   #36
ghostposts

Thanks. It got me a few days ago when My mom tried to instill predjudice into my son's head. I was so fucking proud of him. He stepped up and spoke his mind.

He's 16 and has a few gay friends, so he isn't stupid enough to devalue an entire group of people just because they don't agree with his lifestyle.

Hell, at 16, he's not ready to define his entire lifestlye yet. I want him to know that he doesn't have to meet my needs, or anyone else's, as long as he feels right with himself. I also want him to know that noone should have to cater to his needs if it makes them suffer.

My mom doesn't get that.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #37
HerGhostInTheFog

i completely support it. i did a speech on why it is wrong for gays to be discriminated, and why gay marriage should be legal. if we can go kill in Iraq, then gays can get married.
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #38
Gypsy2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGhostInTheFog
i completely support it. i did a speech on why it is wrong for gays to be discriminated, and why gay marriage should be legal. if we can go kill in Iraq, then gays can get married.
*Does triple take*... uh.... 'scuse me?... lol..... that whipped by me!...

Come again???

What the hell kind of corellation do you propose lies between killing in Iraq and gay marraiges????..... Now, I am extremely pro-gay marraige but, as I am in Iraq... I fail to see the parallel... in anyway shape or form..... What did I miss??..... please, please explain yourself... I gotta hear this... lol.....

Expectantly,
~The Gypsy~
Old 04-27-2004, 01:53 AM   #39
MrMaelstrom

Godamnit Gypsy. I can't see how you fail to see the correlation:

1) Gay people get married.

2) they can now have sex (you know, because now that they're married they're not imoral).

3) So two men having intercourse will not only give and receive oral sex. They will engage in penetration (sodomy).

4) So if you can be there in Iraq and FUCK SHIT UP, why can't they?

See the correlation now?

Why do I have to explain the simplest things?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #40
FenrisQueen

8) Warning!Warning! I have an opinion! Maybe I should do that before arguing with some closeminded totalitarian who thinks what he says should go, just because he's twice my age. ::coughsBullshitcough:: I'm in the south. Born and raised, unfortunately. There are a lot of people in my town who are uptight and closeminded...it's actually ironic how many bisexual people there are at my school. Now, us kiddies might not pay all that much attention to the news, but we get it. We live in a hypocritical society which ostracizes the different, but still tries to call itself the land of the free. ::Shrugs ..this is my rant phase:: Love is one of the rarest things we have in this world. Who cares if its between a man and a man or a woman and a woman? It's still love. I get so many comments on how I dont know what Im talking about, and thats hard enough, but having to deal with idiot politicians and know-it-all teachers who shove their beliefs down my throat, not to mention getting passages from the bible read to me and getting told Im going to hell every day by people who cant manage to pull their head out of their ass and open their friggin eyes that I just want to hit something. Which explains the many bruises on my hands and the hole in my punching bag.
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #41
Daz

whoa hun... its good to see that you are open minded, sounds like thats no easy task where you are from but i really gotta ask you to do something for me....
first, a post entirely in bold is really hard on the eyes... least for my fucked up eyes and second try not to go on the defensive at the beginning of your post... it tends to send people into offensive mode. mind you i've not been around for a little bit so i dont know if you have already been having problems but generally people around here are not, as you put it "close minded totalitarians".
Old 05-02-2004, 02:50 PM   #42
FenrisQueen

oops... I guess Im just used to going on the offensive. I guess it's just second nature to me. My eyes are screwed up too....and I havent had any bad experiences on this site....Im just naturally a sarcastic person. Plus I read way too much science fiction. Not to mention Im still freaked out about reading "The Lovely Bones"
Old 05-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #43
Gypsy2222

Quote:

2) they can now have sex (you know, because now that they're married they're not imoral).

3) So two men having intercourse will not only give and receive oral sex. They will engage in penetration (sodomy).

See the correlation now?

Ahh yes... Many thanks o great sex-god-bodis-alpha-on-high... We mere mortals find such simple logic and thoughts beyond us often and so are obliged to humbly beg for your mercy forgiveness and guidence..... he he he.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen
Warning!Warning! I have an opinion! Maybe I should do that before arguing with some closeminded totalitarian who thinks what he says should go, just because he's twice my age.

Are you talking about me lass?.....

I'd really like to know.

~The Gypsy~
Old 05-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #44
Daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy2222
Quote:

See the correlation now?

Ahh yes... Many thanks o great sex-god-bodis-alpha-on-high... We mere mortals find such simple logic and thoughts beyond us often and so are obliged to humbly beg for your mercy forgiveness and guidence..... he he he.....

you know... this really doesn't help Gypsy :twisted:
Old 05-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #45
MrMaelstrom

Come on Daz, a little grovelling always helps. Greasing the wheels of power. Lil' ol' totalitarian egomanic me sure apreciates it.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:42 AM   #46
FenrisQueen

:shock: no, gypsy I was not talking about you, I was referring to a certain man at my school who will remain nameless ::thinks really hard Master Gunnery Sergeant:: :wink: I usually strive to avoid offending people I dont know...then I can get to know them and annoy them freely. :lol:
Old 05-03-2004, 05:59 AM   #47
ghostposts

Aw, go on and annoy a total stranger. Live dangerously! :twisted:
Old 05-03-2004, 09:24 AM   #48
FenrisQueen

Aw Ghostposts, thats kinda sweet. Maybe I will. But a quick point. If I get to know people before I annoy them, I can see them over and over and annoy them continuously until finally they are druven legally insane :oops: :shock:
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 AM   #49
D.C.

gay marriages

[color=#004040]I honestly think its wrong for all these damn people to be hatingon the gay people I am Bi-Sexual and I go to school with so many gay people its not fair that they are trying to make a law that gay people cant get married, thats just like saying you cant love your parents because there the same sex, Us people should all get together sometime and stand up for our rights. Gay people should have the same oppurtunitys that other people have just because one person hates the gays doesnt mean that everyone else should hate us too.
I have so many friends that are gay,not only that my sister is Bi-Sexual too.Its just Fuked up bullshit for people to hate us because we love the same sex
D.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:52 AM   #50
Maimy

Re: gay marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C.
[color=#004040]its not fair that they are trying to make a law that gay people cant get married
Ah. Dude. The change people are attempting to make is precisely the opposite. Right now, in the U.S., gays CANNOT get married. No law is in the works on that, it's already the state of things. Been so since the beginning, y'see.

What certain state governments have tried recently is to create laws ALLOWING gays to marry. Quite contrary to what you may have heard, nobody has to try to outlaw gay marriage right now. They're trying to IN-LAW (heh), it actually.