Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Bella Sophia

Black-Asian couples?

Well, I posted a question in yahoo answers, and I would really like for it to be answered...

http://answers.yahoo. com/question/index?qid=20080412122921AArTmMS&pa=FYd1D2bwHTHzJLJ mFuI.R6hXf9PG9nrB0f2f5imFrn1aCg--&paid=asked&msgr_status=y

I am an African-American teenage girl, and I absolutely love Japan. I love the language, I love the music (modern and traditional), and from what I know, I love the culture, and I've been teaching myself Japanese since the 5th grade (I'm taking Japanese classes at the college level now). Sooo, naturally, I found myself extremely attracted to Japanese boys. However... I'm black. I see black guys with Asian girls, but that is different. Everyone loves black guys, but no one loves black girls. I don't want to sound racist, but White-Asian couples really annoy me. It's probably because I grew up with my parents telling me, "You're black, they won't like you! They'd rather go out with a white girl." That crushed me so much, and it still crushes me to this day. I think to myself, "Well, how come I'm not good enough? What makes me so different? I'm just as female as any other girl..." I have nothing against whites though (most of my friends are white - go figure). I just want to know. I never see Black girls with Asian boys on tv. I never read about them. Those couples are virtually unheard of. This makes me very, very depressed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
I don't want to sound racist,
Well, too bad, because you did.
Posting this thread is equatable to posting one that asks "How come all black people love fried chicken and watermelons so much?" It contains an implicit, ignorant assumption based on your own biases and limited personal experience.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
BLEED REBELION!!!

Not at all. My BF is asian (Chinese). And if you do go to Japan I would be surprised if you found yourself a nice guy to be with.

Im from Hawaii and in Hawaii there are allot of Asian people. And then there are many other people of color. I.e Black, latino, somoan, etc.

And I see allot of Asian (japanese etc) guys with black girls.
And I'm aware that there is a rather large hip hop scene in Japan, I sure the guys there are just wishing they could date a Black girl.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if t ehy expected you to be stereo typical.

Asian guys and Black girls isnt uncommon where I'm from. I guess its just locational..

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
Not at all. My BF is asian (Chinese). And if you do go to Japan I would be surprised if you found yourself a nice guy to be with.

Im from Hawaii and in Hawaii there are allot of Asian people. And then there are many other people of color. I.e Black, latino, somoan, etc.

And I see allot of Asian (japanese etc) guys with black girls.
And I'm aware that there is a rather large hip hop scene in Japan, I sure the guys there are just wishing they could date a Black girl.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if t ehy expected you to be stereo typical.

Asian guys and Black girls isnt uncommon where I'm from. I guess its just locational..
Ah, thank you! <3 Although... I hate hip hop. lol

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
Lolly PopMuzik

Oh, jeez. If it's not the side scrolling, it's the question.

"I don't want to sound racist, but White-Asian couples really annoy me."

Really, that doesn't sound any better than the people who get riled up when they see ANY interracial couple.

Perhaps some, if not most, aren't attracted to you because you shamelessly fetishize their culture but not in a way that matches their fetishizing of our own culture (i.e. the subcultural obsession with our overall black culture in Japan) but rather in a tacky escapist nature.

And while it does suck that some guys don't appreciate the chocolate and demonstrate it with the lame stereotypes about us, don't worry about them. There are black boys who will appreciate you, just try to actually mature.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Xombie

Skin color means everything in a relationship. Duh.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
Oh, jeez. If it's not the side scrolling, it's the question.

"I don't want to sound racist, but White-Asian couples really annoy me."

Really, that doesn't sound any better than the people who get riled up when they see ANY interracial couple.

Perhaps some, if not most, aren't attracted to you because you shamelessly fetishize their culture but not in a way that matches their fetishizing of our own culture (i.e. the subcultural obsession with our overall black culture in Japan) but rather in a tacky escapist nature.

And while it does suck that some guys don't appreciate the chocolate and demonstrate it with the lame stereotypes about us, don't worry about them. There are black boys who will appreciate you, just try to actually mature.
.... Tacky?

Anyway, when I am older, I want biracial/multiracial children... is that so wrong? It's what I truly want.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
BLEED REBELION!!!

No its not wrong to want biracial multicultural children.

But it shouldnt be the top thing on your list.

And if your kids are biracial they are gonna get some shit. unless you live in a place where being mixed is the norm

As for asian guys prefering white girls thats a new one. Most of the Asian guys i hang with dislike white girls. But they are quite biased.

p.s

you said you take japanese language? I've been learning since I was maybe 12 but wouldnt know if I didnt tell you. My skills are really mediocre. But im gonna take my first real class for japanses next school year. You think you could be me online study budy?

I've been looking for someone with superior skills to teach me a thing or two.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Bella Sophia

Quote:
No its not wrong to want biracial multicultural children.

But it shouldnt be the top thing on your list.

And if your kids are biracial they are gonna get some shit. unless you live in a place where being mixed is the norm

As for asian guys prefering white girls thats a new one. Most of the Asian guys i hang with dislike white girls. But they are quite biased.

p.s

you said you take japanese language? I've been learning since I was maybe 12 but wouldnt know if I didnt tell you. My skills are really mediocre. But im gonna take my first real class for japanses next school year. You think you could be me online study budy?

I've been looking for someone with superior skills to teach me a thing or two.
That's really made my day, you know? I've always gotten crap from my parents for wanting mixed children, and now I hear that it's ok! I'll just have to move where being mixed is the norm, hm? That actually sounds really awesome. =)

Yes, I'm going into intermediate Japanese next semester (errr, did I already state that in the first post? I can't remember). *nods* An online study buddy would be really fun!

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
JCC

Fuck.

Does nobody just see people as people, rather than Caucasian, Asian, Black, and then separating that into even more racial stereotypes?

It's colour pigment and a randomised situation of being on a certain floating rock, these properties shouldn't be the basis for people being categorised and stereotyped. It's bullshit. People are people.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
BLEED REBELION!!!

whats your AIm or yahoo addy?

And my my.space is, my.space(dot)com/xxxdeadlytearsxxx

Yeah I know it sounds very "poser" Idc I made it years ago.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
Bella Sophia

Quote:
whats your AIm or yahoo addy?

And my my.space is, my.space(dot)com/xxxdeadlytearsxxx

Yeah I know it sounds very "poser" Idc I made it years ago.
lol, it's fine. I don't have a myspace though. I'll PM you my yahoo addy.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

I don't understand why you want interracial children so badly...why not want healthy children badly?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
electrosexual

Darling, you are beautiful! And you'll find a boy who'll love you for who you are, japanese or not! Heck, you could even find a non asian boy who's big into asian culture just like you! But seriously, just because something isn't portrayed often in the media, doesnt mean it's not a reality.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #15
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Darling, you are beautiful! And you'll find a boy who'll love you for who you are, japanese or not! Heck, you could even find a non asian boy who's big into asian culture just like you! But seriously, just because something isn't portrayed often in the media, doesnt mean it's not a reality.
Ah, thank you so much! I'll take that to heart. <3
And you're right about the media statement. I should have thought of that myself.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #16
Bella Sophia

Oh, I forgot to add in: Also, I want healthy children. I just want multiracial children just as badly.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

Why? (filler)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Why? (filler)
Well, I hear people say things like, "I'm mixed with Mexican black and Irish!" I've always wanted to be able to say that. (Well, I do have a bit of Irish in me, but that was many generations ago....) I just decided that I want my children to be mixed. I think that being one race is boring. My mom is always going on about "have pride!" and black this and black that! It annoys me to no end. Whenever I have a project to do, my mom always nags me like, "You'd better be researching an African-American." It's just one race all the freaking time. Now, what if I were say, half black, half Korean? That would be freaking awesome, I think. I've always been so jealous of those who are multiracial/biracial. Both sides of my family are black, and I want to mix it up a bit. My future children don't -have- to be mixed with Asian, but I do want more diversity.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Wow, you really are racist, and shallow. But it's mostly shallow. Just a tinge of racism above the racism in "politically correct" people.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #20
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Wow, you really are racist, and shallow.
I am not.
But if you insist that I am, why do you think so?

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #21
Godslayer Jillian

Hell, I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just break down your quote and go in that order.
Quote:
Well, I hear people say things like, "I'm mixed with Mexican black and Irish!" I've always wanted to be able to say that.
Yeah, you must be able to see how this is shallow. You want to change your identity and past just so that you can look slightly more interesting in small talk. This is intellectually equivalent to wanting to be a cancer because they're the best kissers.
Quote:
(Well, I do have a bit of Irish in me, but that was many generations ago....)
It was more than one generation ago, it was beyond you; therefore it is unimportant that you have that in your blood. It's not part of you.
Quote:
I just decided that I want my children to be mixed. I think that being one race is boring.
"I think being one religion is boring."
"I think being one sex is boring."
"I think not being ambidextrous is boring."
"I think always having the same eye color is boring."
Quote:
My mom is always going on about "have pride!" and black this and black that!
I like your mom.
Quote:
It annoys me to no end.
Yeah, well, I like your mom.
Quote:
Whenever I have a project to do, my mom always nags me like, "You'd better be researching an African-American." It's just one race all the freaking time.
Because it's a part of who you are. I don't like people that define their identity by their heritage, but it's still a part of you, and you have to accept that it makes you who you are. It's about diversity.
Quote:
Now, what if I were say, half black, half Korean? That would be freaking awesome
Why? Would that kid have a beautiful complexion worthy of being an underwear model? Or do you just one a fucking adjective?
Quote:
I think. I've always been so jealous of those who are multiracial/biracial.
Are they superior to other races?
Quote:
Both sides of my family are black, and I want to mix it up a bit.
Because it would make you all the better?
Quote:
My future children don't -have- to be mixed with Asian, but I do want more diversity.
You don't want more diversity when you can't find pride in your part of this heterogeneous society. What you want is a bag of Skittles.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #22
Bella Sophia

Hm, I guess we're not going to see eye-to-eye on this. Oh well.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

What other aspect is there to this?
You want shallow eugenics for the sake of an adjective. Tell me what angle am I not seeing.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #24
Bella Sophia

You're not seeing my angle. No one ever sees my angle. I'm not even going to try to explain to anyone anymore. I try, but it never comes out right in words. It's only right in my head. Sometimes, I feel certain ways about things like this, and I'm confused as to why, so I never mention it to anyone.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
It's only right in my head. Sometimes, I feel certain ways
That's a contradiction, and the reason why you said what you said. You don't think; you feel. You felt something this shallow is awesome and can't justify it under the realm of reasoning, which is why no one agrees with you and you feel alone.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: