Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Oblivious Nexus

Oblivious Nexus at your service...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Well, I'm a student as far as job/most of my day, but I do a lot of artwork on the side, as well as video gaming and writing for a geek blog (when school isn't strangling me with busywork type homework)

2. Where are you from?
Shorline, Washington. Just a few minutes north of downtown Seattle. I'm also up in Anacortes part-time due to custody agreements and such

3. Who is your favorite author?
JRR Tolkien and Edgar Allen Poe. The former isn't exactly gothic, but I love it just because of its depth and detail

4. What are your favorite films?
I don't watch much as far as movies or television shows. Monty Python movies are generally entertaining, and I liked old fantasy movies my friend showed me too (Willow, Labyrinth, other such stuff)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
My boyfriend has that all planned out xD

6. At your funeral?
Freebird (live) and Pokarekare Ana

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
By incineration

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Carved ebony

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Long Red orange skirt (think bellydancing-ish) Rope Sandals, and fitted black tank

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Having the time to go outside and pretend I was anything

11. What's your favorite band?
None in particular, I love the Cello music by Zoe Keating, and Imogen Heap isn't bad either. I listen to all kinds of music for the most part, just a little picky when it comes to hiphop/mainstream.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm in high school still, but I plan to go to either Seattle Art Institute or Rhode Island School of Design to major in fine arts (its finally won out over my dream of being a chemist) Later on after that I want to go to a video game design school and dabble in programming and physics engines.

13. Why did you join?
I find gothic culture interesting, and a lot of my friends are Goth, so I came to find more people and to explore. The goth people are always seem smarter anyway (a bit of a stereotype, but not a negative one I suppose)
Oblivious Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
insolitus_noir

Welcome to the boards! 'tis always nice to meet someone with an open mind and diverse interests. Did you bring a shrubbery?
insolitus_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Kristin

We the Goths of Ni demand a shrubbery! Or prepare to perform the fish slapping dance.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
The shrubbery will make up for misspelling Edgar's middle name. But you do seem very interesting.

Welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
Oblivious Nexus

lol, I shall bring a shrubbery! And I apologize for the middle name, dead tired brains can do that to you. Thank you for the warm welcome, was a tad bit afraid I'd be run out.
And I may just do the fish slapping dance for fun
Old 05-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Ah another Washingtonite, I myself and several others here are of Washington origin though many years ago I was separated from my beloved homeland and have yet to make a return visit.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
Usher

Location: Half the time on this side, other half on the Other.
Welcome!
I just got here myself, though apparently before the shrubbery thing was put into effect.
<whew>
Usher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
Oblivious Nexus

Hooray! Washington is awesome, can keep myself pretty light colored without too much effort (not that I need to be paler for gothiness, I just think I look better with my dark hair color)
Oh! though I did think of something morbid to mention that's a little more interesting than movies and such. My dad and grandfather are/were both morticians and my family on my dad's side owns a crematory and funeral chapel xD Death is less of a facination for me that way I think, simply because I was numbed up to it as a kid (up til I was thirteen and my parents split, we lived right next door to the place) I can still remember playing games till three in the morning in the private office (converted storage room my dad took over xD) Dad played Doom, TF, Half life, and others, while I played Age of Empires, Warcraft 3, and the Myst games. We usually did it on the nights he was on call
Old 05-18-2008, 04:11 AM   #9
Kristin

You just mentioned Myst, which makes you even cooler in my opinion. </shameless buttkissing> And growing up around a mortuary also sounds like it was very interesting.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
Oblivious Nexus

Lol! The first Myst alone stole a year of my life as a kid. And the mortuary thing wasn't as hardcore as some people might think, its probably just the one thing that makes me in any sense a true goth.
On a side note: how long does it take to be an established member? tried to post a url to a shrubbery, but its not very happy with me for that.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #11
Oblivious Nexus

ACK! tried to edit so I wouldn't double post but expired on the time limit =/ accidentally pressed a "Report Bad Post" button thinking it had been a question mark/info thing. Pressed stop so the page didn't finish loading but I don't know if that stopped it *hides* Damn my bad eyesight...
Old 05-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Ah yes the Myst series, I remember the thing that drove me crazy that I learned about after doing the first one the first time was that you could skip all the puzzles and you could actualy just get the white page right away and go through the fireplace right away.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
Oblivious Nexus

Yeah, drove me nuts too. The whole time you're just running errands for some men who were locked up by their own father for being awful in the first place (talk about time out xD)
Old 05-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #14
Apathy's_Child

You seem nice. Welcome to the site.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
Kristin

Yeah, you could totally complete the game right away if you know how to do it, but what fun is that? LOL

Allow me to provide the shrubbery for Oblivious Nexus: THE ROYAL SHRUBBERY All you do is click on the "insert hyperlink" button, but it can be tricky.

And now for something completely different: CLICKY
Old 05-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #16
Oblivious Nexus

Ha!!!
But yeah, I did do the insert hyperlink =( I think I need to get a post count up or exist for longer or something, the error I got said that I wasn't good enough to be an established member =P
Old 05-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #17
Solumina

Yeah it is about post count, but I don't think it is all that high (it is really just there to keep trolls from posting links to um...nasty things).

Welcome to the boards ^.^
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
Kristin

Oh, I didn't know that. Well, at least you weren't doing something wrong. I've only been posting here for a few weeks, so it won't be long before you can post links to your goofinesses too.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #19
Oblivious Nexus

Mwa ha ha ha!! Look out >:-)
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
GothicChristian

Welcome, I would have greeted you sooner, but I have been out of town and the hotel's wifi sucked.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #21
Oblivious Nexus

thanks, and hotel wifi always seems to suck doesn't it? The only time I've ever had good wifi was while I was at Disneyland Resort (but they pretty much do everything over the top)
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 PM   #22
Kristin

Yeah and you end up paying for it out the wazoo too!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #23
Clockwork

Shiiiiiite. Seattle, eh? I was just there last Sunday attending the human rights torch relay. I live in Tacoma :]

Don't sweat the post errors. I'm pleased that you even bothered to post neatly - some people just stack on quadruple-post combos and the like and it makes me insane.

Edit: Good God, you want to design video games too. Awesome. I'll be doing the same thing, you know.
What kind of games do you think you'd like to be involved in?