Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #51
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
It's not so stupid when you really think about it...
Then float away, moron.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #52
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
No, that's not what I said. In any case, it doesn't matter. I highly doubt there is one true religion.
Dude, you're really a cunt if you think this. You think all those who say their religion is right are wrong. YOU think YOU'RE the right one by thinking EVERYONE else is wrong WITH NO PROOF of your statements.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #53
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
That's worse than not thinking about it much: it shows just how little you can do with so much effort. Don't say you're smart again.
Yeah, that Copernicus sure is a cunt!
So you choose to fucking arbitrarily believe it's karma and MAGICK
Who's to say they are? Thanks for killing logic.
Not it doesn't.
Right, and do you make yourself feel better by doing this?
I'm not allowed to call you wrong, but you're allowed to call me wrong?
That's hardly fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #54
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Dude, you're really a cunt if you think this. You think all those who say their religion is right are wrong. YOU think YOU'RE the right one by thinking EVERYONE else is wrong WITH NO PROOF of your statements.
And once again, you're wrong.

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

And you were bitching about GM's Logic.
I say you're wrong and proceed to proving you're fucking wrong!
You say I'm wrong and repeat it to try to convince yourself like you're fucking Bill O' Reilly.

Great job.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #56
JCC

Quote:
I'm not allowed to call you wrong, but you're allowed to call me wrong?
That's hardly fair.
Who the fuck said you can't call us wrong?

Quote:
And once again, you're wrong.
Phew, it's a good thing you're so darn non-conformist.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #57
Bella Sophia

Quote:
And you were bitching about GM's Logic.
I say you're wrong and proceed to proving you're fucking wrong!
You say I'm wrong and repeat it to try to convince yourself like you're fucking Bill O' Reilly.

Great job.
No. You're just not listening to me.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #58
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
No. You're just not listening to me.
Fine, I'll give you one more chance.
Explain your logic to me so that we all don't start thinking you're an idiot.
Go.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #59
JCC

"There's no point, you're all so mean, I'm wasting my time on you, you're not worth my time, ad hominem, red herring, ad hominem, I'm right, teh fin."
Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #60
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Fine, I'll give you one more chance.
Explain your logic to me so that we all don't start thinking you're an idiot.
Go.
Thinking it over again, I revise my thoughts a little.
I just believe that different things work for different people. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Christianity didn't work for me, so I moved to Wicca, and it seems to work just fine. But, that is not a path for everyone. Therefore, magick doesn't work for everyone. How else can you explain this? "Oh it was just a coincidence?" I don't believe that. Like I said, there could be an all powerful being conforming to whatever makes people comfortable to believe, and because of this, no religion can be right... or wrong for that matter. Something must have "breathed" life into us (for lack of a better word)... we didn't come from nothing. What gives us life must then leave us and reincarnate or go to Heaven or Hell or Summerland, or what have you.
Is that enough, or do you want more of an explanation?

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #61
JCC

Quote:
Thinking it over again, I revise my thoughts a little.
Thank fuck for progress.

Quote:
Therefore, magick doesn't work for anyone. Ever.
Corrected.

Quote:
How else can you explain this? "Oh it was just a coincidence?" I don't believe that. Like I said, there could be an all powerful being conforming to whatever makes people comfortable to believe, and because of this, no religion can be right... or wrong for that matter.
So, there is an all-powerful being that, rather than enforcing his own existence, in an attempt to please everybody, constantly metamorphosizes, manages to create processes that are completely antithetical to one another for the sake of keeping humans happy (like gravity and intelligent falling, or creationism and natural selection), manages to make himself not exist for the Atheists in the population, and sort of half exists for the Agnostics?
Write science fiction.

Quote:
Something must have "breathed" life into us (for lack of a better word)... we didn't come from nothing.
No, we didn't, but why is the gap immediately filled by your omnipotent metamorphosizing, double-standards, non-existing, half-existing super-being?

Quote:
What gives us life must then leave us and reincarnate or go to Heaven or Hell or Summerland, or what have you.
Oh it must, must it? Pray tell, why must it?

Quote:
Is that enough, or do you want more of an explanation?
For the love of the omnipotent metamorphosizing, double-standards, non-existing, half-existing super-being, stop there.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #62
Godslayer Jillian

I want more of an explanation.
You have just said what you believe
And regardless of whether I think it's stupid or not, you still have to justify yourself:
Tell us why you believe that.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #63
JCC

Jillian, I'm not sure I can survive another onslaught on common sense from Bella Sophia.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #64
Bella Sophia

Quote:
I want more of an explanation.
You have just said what you believe
And regardless of whether I think it's stupid or not, you still have to justify yourself:
Tell us why you believe that.
Why? It's simply because there's no way of proving who's right and who's wrong nor is there a way to explain spiritual experiences. How in the hell can we study how or why someone "caught the holy ghost" or "talked with the goddess through meditation?" We can't. And, because these things happen in different religions, I figured there's some being that makes it happen in ALL religions. The paths are chosen - by the person or the divine, I have not yet decided. The unsure ones are Agnostic and the unchosen ones are Atheist. Since they don't really believe, where are they going to go in the afterlife? Perhaps, the spirit simply reincarnates since it has nowhere else to go.
I forced myself to try to think, "What if there's nothing out there?" But, there are too many signs of something. I have a hard time believing that the universe created itself.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #65
Wednesday Friday Addams

Unchosen ones.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #66
BLEED REBELION!!!

This thread REALLY disappoints me. I Think people are just mean to Bellla because they like jumping on the fucking bandwagon. While it is true that she may not of thoroughly articulated her points, thought, etc it doesn’t give right for such mean replies. Its like “ooh gee my day sucked ass, I think I’ll be a dick at someone who doesn’t really deserve it.”
Chill out people PLEASE!! Its not that big of a deal.

I’m not sure if this is exactly what she meant but this is how I picture it (it reminded me of this):
Gods don’t “exist” on their own. It is the collective beliefs of humans which give them form. The image or idea that all of these people push their energy into begins to actually effect the universe (in physical manifestations). If one believes in something one gives that thing more power. The more you focus your thought and energy onto something the more it can effect you. Even if one doesn’t believe in God (speaking of the Christian god now) this theory acknowledges that it (God) effects the physical universe. Things happen because of God all the time. And its not that it is some omnipotent original consciousness. Its not that God independently exists and bends the world to its will, but that through human belief and power a sort of energy pool, if you will, is formed. Those that believe in it and contribute to it (even if they don’t realize that they create god) are more likely to be effected by it.
Even if God doesn’t exist in “reality” he/it/she/they exist in the minds and hearts of many humans. So through these people the physical world is effected by God. Everything and anything a human believes in exists, and can effect the world.

“ We have created god in our image as much as he has created us.”

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #67
Jonathan

Bella, here is a simple question that is devoid of insultingness:

Why is it hard to believe that the universe created itself, but easy to believe that some sort of God or Goddish being created itself?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #68
Bella Sophia

@ Bleed rebellion: Thank you, truly.

@ Jonathan: I'm sorry, I missed that. Well, I worship nature and the universe. Maybe it, as a divine being, created itself. Hmm...

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #69
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
This thread REALLY disappoints me. I Think people are just mean to Bellla because they like jumping on the fucking bandwagon. While it is true that she may not of thoroughly articulated her points, thought, etc it doesn’t give right for such mean replies. Its like “ooh gee my day sucked ass, I think I’ll be a dick at someone who doesn’t really deserve it.”
Chill out people PLEASE!! Its not that big of a deal.

I’m not sure if this is exactly what she meant but this is how I picture it (it reminded me of this):
Gods don’t “exist” on their own. It is the collective beliefs of humans which give them form. The image or idea that all of these people push their energy into begins to actually effect the universe (in physical manifestations). If one believes in something one gives that thing more power. The more you focus your thought and energy onto something the more it can effect you. Even if one doesn’t believe in God (speaking of the Christian god now) this theory acknowledges that it (God) effects the physical universe. Things happen because of God all the time. And its not that it is some omnipotent original consciousness. Its not that God independently exists and bends the world to its will, but that through human belief and power a sort of energy pool, if you will, is formed. Those that believe in it and contribute to it (even if they don’t realize that they create god) are more likely to be effected by it.
Even if God doesn’t exist in “reality” he/it/she/they exist in the minds and hearts of many humans. So through these people the physical world is effected by God. Everything and anything a human believes in exists, and can effect the world.

“ We have created god in our image as much as he has created us.”
At some point, reality trumps belief. The world is full of things that exploit false beliefs to the very real harm of the believer. Perception might interpret reality, but it does not create it. If I put my hands over my face, you don't stop existing.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #70
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Why? It's simply because there's no way of proving who's right and who's wrong nor is there a way to explain spiritual experiences.
See? This is why I can't respect you.
Besides this part, you just went on to say more stupid things you believe in rather than say WHY so I won't bother with that.

As for this I quoted.... Jesus Fucking Christ!
Everyone by now ought to know where the burden of proof lies.
If you're honestly going to believe so much arbitrary shit by saying "disprove a negative!!!" then know this:
You have lost this conversation, and your "logic" will be respected by no one with a higher education than senior year.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #71
Bella Sophia

Quote:
See? This is why I can't respect you.
Besides this part, you just went on to say more stupid things you believe in rather than say WHY so I won't bother with that.

As for this I quoted.... Jesus Fucking Christ!
Everyone by now ought to know where the burden of proof lies.
If you're honestly going to believe so much arbitrary shit by saying "disprove a negative!!!" then know this:
You have lost this conversation, and your "logic" will be respected by no one with a higher education than senior year.
Thank you oh so much for putting me in my place.
I really appreciate you treating me like shit for no reason.
Good god, go be a fucking sadist somewhere else.
I hold NO stock in anything you have to say.
And, I can't respect you either. I can't respect elitists who go around preying on people because they're jack asses.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #72
Godslayer Jillian

I have a reason for treating you like that, which I already mentioned:
You are one of THEM: those dipshits that refuse to acknowledge the burden of proof lies on the one who makes a claim, not the one who chooses to not believe the first piece of bullshit they try to shove down their throat.

You are one of them, you won't acknowledge it, therefore I'm done with you. Keep thinking you're so fucking special; I'll just hope you'll take a class on Logic in college and go back and say "gee, Jillian was right after all"

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #73
Bella Sophia

Quote:
I have a reason for treating you like that, which I already mentioned:
You are one of THEM: those dipshits that refuse to acknowledge the burden of proof lies on the one who makes a claim, not the one who chooses to not believe the first piece of bullshit they try to shove down their throat.

You are one of them, you won't acknowledge it, therefore I'm done with you. Keep thinking you're so fucking special; I'll just hope you'll take a class on Logic in college and go back and say "gee, Jillian was right after all"
... I'm sorry did you say something?

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #74
Godslayer Jillian

LOL, buuuuuuuurn!
I love how you had no problem speaking with me until I began to question you. Good luck staying in Gnet when no one likes you.
I'll be superior to you even in being a whore: rather than saying "lalala I'm ignoring you" I am just going to honestly stop talking because I have self control. Meanwhile, you'll keep reminding me just how much you're avoiding me.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #75
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
No, lotsa stuff happens!

DO YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT THE MIRACLE OF DECOMPOSITION?!!?!?
BWUHAHAHAHA!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote