Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #7276
MissCheyenne

I am so tired. One of the medications I take has just been increased and it's making me so tired that I can't think straight. I'm hoping the sleepiness wears off like it did when I first started taking the drug as I can't spend all my time sleeping.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #7277
honeythorn

My oldest brother is such a neurotic asshole.

He called me on Monday ( I was in Denmark ) and after hello his opening line was " why didn't you tell me dad has cancer? "

.....PARDON?

Turns out my dad does NOT have cancer of the usual variety, what he actually has is a fatty lymphoma, it's a lump he's had on his side for a good long while. He gets ganglions so he figured it was one of those, but recently it hurts if he presses it ( like leaning on that area or something )

So he went to the doctor who referred him to the hospital, and fatty lymphoma is the diagnosis. It's just a benign fatty lump. Not remotely dangerous, though it will eventually be removed in a small operation.

My brother however, has convinced himself that it's dangerous and that Dad will practically drop dead from it at any time. He was like " cancer is cancer!! " , and " Gran died of cancer! " ....yes, Gran on MOTHER'S side of the family ( cancer and diabetes runs in mother's side but not father's ) .

But basically until he called me my brother was the last to know, as father hadn't told him. He called me to HAVE A GO AT ME for not telling him. Sorry but why is it suddenly my job to act as a messenger? If my dad has something wrong it's up to him to tell who he likes, not me. My brother basically thinks he has a right to know, actually he doesn't. No one does.

Admittedly he wasn't aware I was in Denmark and had no idea myself, but rather than say " did you know dad has [whatever] " and then waiting for my reply or reaction, he just launched into " Why ddn't you tell me Dad has Cancer? "

I mean.... what if my dad actually DID have full on cancer? What a fucking way to let me know!!!

I know he's stressed due to his wife (who is basically dying) but for someone who spends as much time in a hospital and talking to so many doctors, he seems a bit slow on the notion that benign means not dangerous.

The weed smoking hasn't helped either.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #7278
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I am so tired. One of the medications I take has just been increased and it's making me so tired that I can't think straight. I'm hoping the sleepiness wears off like it did when I first started taking the drug as I can't spend all my time sleeping.
Sorry to hear this MissC. Hope your body aclimatises to the new meds soon.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #7279
Angelic Dissonance2

^^^ I've had a similar problem--only mine is over-exertion. I work 12 hour shifts, and I'm on my feet lifting and doing technical tasks all day.

I know I haven't been eating right, either, but I'll admit it--I'm slightly ignorant when it comes to meal planning. (I'm a dope cook, though!)

If anyone knows what I can eat that'll help me get throught the day, I'd appreciate it. We don't get lunch breaks--we kinda have to eat on the fly.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #7280
Jackson Cutler

Wah Wah wah. Uni deadlines. Relationship bullshit. Lack of money. Need of money, Sleep pattern problems.

There, I think I'm done.
Jackson Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #7281
Haejin

Oh the life of a twenty something....
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #7282
Solumina

I'm visiting my mother, I knew it would be a little cooler up here but I didn't know it would be this cold, it's 45 up here right now, I didn't even bring a coat, just a jacket
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #7283
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post
^^^ I've had a similar problem--only mine is over-exertion. I work 12 hour shifts, and I'm on my feet lifting and doing technical tasks all day.

I know I haven't been eating right, either, but I'll admit it--I'm slightly ignorant when it comes to meal planning. (I'm a dope cook, though!)

If anyone knows what I can eat that'll help me get throught the day, I'd appreciate it. We don't get lunch breaks--we kinda have to eat on the fly.
Lean protien; water; vegetables; tub of yoghurt

So you could say steam/grill 1/2 a chicken breast, with some vegies (carrot sticks, celery with say some hommus) or some other steamed vegies. At least 2 Litres of water (what's that 1/2 gallon?) Yoghurt for your calcium or cheese.

Cut it all into slices or finger food size so you can grab some. Also it's better if you take say 5-10 minutes to actually sit and focus on your food so your aware that you are eating, so you won't be tempted to pick on junk food later on.

Being a guy, depending on your height/weight, you'll probably need more protien (can't remember the ratios off the top of my head).

Of course if you are a vegan or a vegitarian then you'll be looking at other sources of protiens - slow cookers or pressure cookers are great for making cooking things like lentils and beans a little less time consuming (I love my slow cooker/crock pot) You just shove everything in in the morning and have dinner cooked at night.

Or you could cook things like tuna mornays, and then eat the leftovers the next day at work.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #7284
Angelic Dissonance2

Dude, one thing that's difficult is remembering to sit. At all. I think without cigarettes, I might just forget altogether. :C Not a good idea.

Chicken breast, huh...? That's a good idea. I've been relying FAR too much on Coney Island and Happy China... It's very easy to fall into fast food.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 AM   #7285
Jackson Cutler

Worst Beershits ever. EVER.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #7286
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post
Dude, one thing that's difficult is remembering to sit. At all. I think without cigarettes, I might just forget altogether. :C Not a good idea.

Chicken breast, huh...? That's a good idea. I've been relying FAR too much on Coney Island and Happy China... It's very easy to fall into fast food.
Whatever meat you prefer you eat...

You'll get to a certain age and take out will just make you feel crappy - lethargic et al, then you'll eat more take out and just get fatter and fatter.

Plus you need to look after your body so it will look after you when you get older.

**rant**
Babybat is sick. Temperature and wants to cuddle his mum. Going to be a long night for me.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #7287
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
So really to answer your question: no I don't want to talk, I want to have a pity party and beat AC for the title of the emoest emo kid.
Wanna fight for the crown? I challenge you to a WEEP-OFF.

Hope you're feeling better, doll. Those blues are a bitch and a half. Don't be afraid to lean on your friends - I know it feels like you're inflicting yourself when you're all up in your head, but if they're solid, they'll deal.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #7288
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Wanna fight for the crown? I challenge you to a WEEP-OFF.
On Saturday I was woken up by Storm (my mother's boyfriend's cat) jumping up on my bed and headbutting me, it was so adorable that I cried for a solid 15 minutes, and was all sniffly and about to cry for about an hour after that. Poor kitty looked so concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Hope you're feeling better, doll. Those blues are a bitch and a half. Don't be afraid to lean on your friends - I know it feels like you're inflicting yourself when you're all up in your head, but if they're solid, they'll deal.
Thanks AC, I am doing quite a bit better. I was hoping that some one on one time with my mom would help but her boyfriend was there all weekend (I had thought he was just going to be there for dinner on Friday but apparently that wasn't the plan), thankfully my friend Steph really stepped up and I think we spent like 7 hours just talking on Saturday. And then today I spent loads of time with Caity, getting absolutely smashed so she got passed the whole not liking hugs thing because when you are that drunk hugging and leaning on each other so you don't fall down are kind of indistinguishable.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #7289
Pineapple_Juice

My gums are flappy and shredded in the back due to partially emerged wisdom teeth and on eis all flared up and oozing pus. it hoits.

Also my girlfriend's dad is having surgery for serious gallbladder issues and they found a 9.5 cm lump in his liver.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #7290
Solumina

I have to be at work in 6.5 hours and I haven't even gotten ready for bed yet. Fuck morning shift.

(actually I really prefer morning shift, just not for a single week, I need time to re-acclimate to a normal-ish schedule instead of still functioning like I'm on evening shift)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #7291
Saya

I feel you. I usually close in the evenings but I had to be in at 1 today, and THAT felt like a lot. I wanna switch to morning shifts but making the transition is going to be hell.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #7292
Versus

I'm running a vehicle mounted machine gun range for a support unit, and I'm trying not to be sexist to the female soldiers in the tower with me.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #7293
Jackson Cutler

So I had a massive fight with my girlfriend the other night, she stormed off, I punched a hole in the wall. We made up but my hand hurts like fuck and I'm not getting much of my deposit back now.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #7294
Solumina

Boo my car's battery is dead, thankfully AAA will be here in about 30 minutes to give me a jump, which gives me time to have a decent breakfast so I'm kind of okay with the whole situation.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #7295
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Cutler View Post
So I had a massive fight with my girlfriend the other night, she stormed off, I punched a hole in the wall. We made up but my hand hurts like fuck and I'm not getting much of my deposit back now.
Yeah. I punched a wall, once. Never... Again...

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #7296
Saya

Why the fuck is it snowing?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #7297
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/GrottyGilgamesh/Meanwhile_aadbe9_1433870.jpg

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #7298
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You've got snow, we've got flood warnings in Britain as it's been raining so hard.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #7299
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Cutler View Post
What did you learn?

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #7300
Pineapple_Juice

To punch people instead?