Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
DarkHeartedDemoness

Gay Robot

Watch the pilot episode here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1679592956

Don't get all offended, it's funny. Sure, there are parts that make fun of stereotypical homosexuality, but overall its message is good, and it generates quotes like this:
"I mean, he smells like a lavender scrotum."

I haven't been able to find out any more about the show, but since this is labeled the "pilot" episode, I'm hoping that means there will be more.

If anyone finds out anything, let me know! Oh, and I know Wikipedia said there are rumors it won't ever air. It's just not substantial enough evidence for me. Wiki isn't particularly reliable, and it refers to "rumors", not facts...
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Vyvian Blackthorne

Wow...this is funny...really, it is.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Arashi

Oi vey. Even more crap to encourage homophobia. Just what the world needs.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Vyvian Blackthorne

Perhaps things like this are only highlights to show how sad homosexuality isn't accepted in the world...sometimes even how it's ridiculous to be offended when accused of being gay. Now if I mention to anyone near me I like the Smiths I'm apparently "a fucking ******."
Old 04-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
CptSternn

It lookd dort of like a rip-off of Queer Duck.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi
Oi vey. Even more crap to encourage homophobia. Just what the world needs.
I guess I don't see it that way.

See, for starters, Gay Robot is obviously over-exaggerated. Parodies often have very good morals to them. For instance, if you think about how ridiculously penis-obsessed Gay Robot is, you have to think about whether or not people really believe gay people are that obsessed with genitals. Obviously that can't be true, right? So maybe being gay is more than just sex. (The thought process I'm describing is that of someone who maybe has preconceived notions about homosexuality but hasn't examined those thoughts)

Also, think about when they made the pretend gay robot. When Gay Robot got upset and "ran" away, his friends all got really upset. It's been a while since I watched it, so I don't remember the exact wording, but I think his friend apologized for setting him up with a vacuum, and then said something about how they see Gay Robot as much more than just a piece of machinery. If that's not a metaphor, I don't know what is.

Oh, then there's the whole thing about how Gay Robot is accepted in a fraternity, and he hangs out with a bunch of jock frat boys. Not very stereotypical.

THEN there was the whole blind date thing. Gay Robot felt like a fish out of water on a predominately straight campus, living in a frat. Being in that environment meant he was desperate for a relationship, but didn't know how to get out of his comfort zone to get one. So he made a really poor choice, a choice I'm sure dozens of teens on Myspace make every day. Being gay and not knowing who to talk to can potentially put teens into dangerous situations, probably at least somewhat similar to Gay Robot's blind date.

I guess I think that a.) it's amusing, b.) there are quite a few good messages in there, and c.) "I mean, he smells like a lavender scrotum" could be my favorite quote ever.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote