Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #101
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
I agree.

Isn't it funny how "everyone" (well, at least in this thread) seems to dislike Duck after he's gone?
You make a good point. I've been thinking about that. When duck was here, everyone loved him, respected him, and thought he was hilarious. if they didn't, they said nothing. Now that he's gone, everyone's like, "Duck was so immature," and "Duck was way over the top," or "He got annoying after a while."
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #102
Beneath the Shadows

What are you talking about? I've always shown nothing but disdain for him, even when responding directly to something he said.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #103
Duane

I thought he was pretty cool, just my opinion. Hm, after a while though, his attitude grew tiresome...
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #104
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Hmm I'm rather interested in seeing how this will affect H.P.'s story. But really the behavior I saw in the Duckman is somthing I expect of my High School Classmates, not from a man who is supposedly in his mid thirties. Like how this one guy the other day while doing a lab with fire and hydrochloric acid was being rowdy and disruptive and due to him I actualy got my hand burnt on a hot crucible. At least the crucible survived the fall without a crack but given we were handling strong acids and methane burners I was quite fortunate his actions didn't kill me.

Whilst in college level chemistry, we were worked with hydrochloric acid, and despite the MANY warnings my professor gave us about spilling it on ourselves, I still managed to spill some on my hands.

That shit is no joke.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #105
MollyMac

I will always love my Duck.

I just shrug when I see tides turning a mile away.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #106
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
I will always love my Duck.

I just shrug when I see tides turning a mile away.
It's nice to see that Duck has such a loyal friend. I'm sure he'll be back.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #107
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
What are you talking about? I've always shown nothing but disdain for him, even when responding directly to something he said.
I'm talking about most members.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #108
Catch

Duck was the best. It's almost like trying to replace him with some guy in a suit.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #109
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Duck was the best. It's almost like trying to replace him with some guy in a suit.
No one can replace Duck. Even members who don't like him have to admit that.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #110
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
I'm talking about most members.
"When duck was here, everyone loved him, respected him, and thought he was hilarious."

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #111
ionic_angel

I barely saw any of his posts, because I'm new. But I didn't enjoy the spam, and I ignored him, just like I ignore other evil clowns.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #112
Catch

I didn't get spammed.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #113
ionic_angel

Spam, on the forums, is when someone is posting large amounts of fairly vacuous information.

Like the Duckman.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #114
Catch

Oh right. He did that a lot. On the bright side, didn't have to think much.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #115
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
"When duck was here, everyone loved him, respected him, and thought he was hilarious."
I guess I need to be more careful with my words. XD I am sure more members like Duck than hate him.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #116
L'Oiseau Noir

Actually, I mostly found Duck's posts quite irritating. Sure, I admit at times I would joke around with him, but it was short-lived--a girl, after all, has only so much tolerance humoring him. I, like many others, got bored of the same asinine jokes and ego-pets being reiterated a million different times in all his threads between he and his little entourage. So, I moved on.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #117
DarkPrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Actually, I mostly found Duck's posts quite irritating. Sure, I admit at times I would joke around with him, but it was short-lived--a girl, after all, has only so much tolerance humoring him. I, like many others, got bored of the same asinine jokes and ego-pets being reiterated a million different times in all his threads between he and his little entourage. So, I moved on.
It did get pretty boring after a while. At first it was hilarious, then funny, then repetitive.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #118
MollyMac

Quit beating the dead horse. You're bruising the meat.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #119
ApothoKeri

Quote:
You make a good point. I've been thinking about that. When duck was here, everyone loved him, respected him, and thought he was hilarious. if they didn't, they said nothing. Now that he's gone, everyone's like, "Duck was so immature," and "Duck was way over the top," or "He got annoying after a while."
Well, what was really to say while he was here? This is why god created the ignore button. I didn't dislike him, it just wasn't the type of posting that I was here to read so I had him on ignore to cut down on the spam and make the post that I did want to read visible.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #120
Duane

*Wipes his mouth clean of blood, and looks at skeleton of dead horse*Uh... there is no meat to be bruised.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #121
MollyMac

god did not create the ignore button. the admins did. which thus shows the state of your union.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:40 AM   #122
Mir

Duck > all of you.

You guys can claim he was repetitive all you want, but, in a fun way. You people are just boring as fuck.

This board will now fall back in to the same bullshit discussions such as, "OMG emo's suck", "atheists > christians and vice versa", "individuality does/doesn't exist", "conformity does/doesn't exist", posting in the game threads (WTF?) etc.

All the same regurgitated bullshit that you blame him for.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:37 AM   #123
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Duck > all of you.

You guys can claim he was repetitive all you want, but, in a fun way. You people are just boring as fuck.

This board will now fall back in to the same bullshit discussions such as, "OMG emo's suck", "atheists > christians and vice versa", "individuality does/doesn't exist", "conformity does/doesn't exist", posting in the game threads (WTF?) etc.

All the same regurgitated bullshit that you blame him for.
Are you out of your mind?

Just what did Duck bring to this forum that was good? All the threads he started with the exception of maybe three was about him, a single word, boobs or something completely bonkers anyway. What did he bring that was in the slightest "gothic" or that please the ones of us at this board that has an IQ in the three digits and don't find childish behaviour ad nauseum to be the slightest bit funny. Factions though, that was Duck good to create. His ignorant proselyte-pack against the ones of us who actually want something out of this site instead of ridiculous chatter from pre-teens or people over 25 who apparently think its cool to act like above said pre-teen.. sheesh. We get enough of that at other communities, thank you.

but sure, keep the bullshit. Keep duck or whoever you appoint as the next Troll President. I guess you people never figured out that the need of the many is greater than the need of the few, and the few in this case are the apathic people who find duck funny and enlightening and who just need a spoonful of "imma sucha turdass in ur pants" a day to stay ignorant.

Finally, duck wasn't alone in this, which I mentioned before, but have a good look at the more serious threads and guess who posts the igniting flame to derailment...

As for me, I will mostly be lurking until people get some sense back here. As it is now it's what the generals must have said when they finally won in Berlin:

General 1: Whohoo! We did it! We liberated Europe and won the war!
General 2: Yey! We're soooo good!
General 1: So... um.. what now?
General 2: Eh.. I don't know.. got any videos?
General 1: Err.. no. You know, that Hitler fella wasn't so bad.. yeah, he destroyed Europe and killed millions but still..
General 2: Yeah, I wish he was back so we could have something to do..

*rolls eyes and gets back into lurkmode*

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #124
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
Are you out of your mind?
Yes.

Quote:
Just what did Duck bring to this forum that was good? All the threads he started with the exception of maybe three was about him, a single word, boobs or something completely bonkers anyway. What did he bring that was in the slightest "gothic" or that please the ones of us at this board that has an IQ in the three digits and don't find childish behaviour ad nauseum to be the slightest bit funny.
One word: fun. If his posts aren't your idea of fun, there is an ignore button you can use. Childish behavior? Again, the ignore function is your friend. I do not remember a single post by you in the Literature thread myself. What have you contributed to this "literary site"?

Quote:
Factions though, that was Duck good to create. His ignorant proselyte-pack against the ones of us who actually want something out of this site instead of ridiculous chatter from pre-teens or people over 25 who apparently think its cool to act like above said pre-teen.. sheesh. We get enough of that at other communities, thank you.
You want something out of this site? Then go about doing something about that instead of complaining. This is a public forum and not everyone will conform to your idea of what this site should be like.

Your idea of what this site should be like is lame and pretentious, but hey, that is my opinion. No offense. Public forum remember? Create your own forum if it annoys you so much.

Quote:
but sure, keep the bullshit. Keep duck or whoever you appoint as the next Troll President. I guess you people never figured out that the need of the many is greater than the need of the few, and the few in this case are the apathic people who find duck funny and enlightening and who just need a spoonful of "imma sucha turdass in ur pants" a day to stay ignorant.
Needs of the many? I am not responsible for the needs of the many. If there were many people that wanted a certain thing of this site, a few would NOT BE ABLE TO derail that. Saying that is just plain fucking ridiculous.

The many that you speak of have FUCK ALL to contribute.

Quote:
Finally, duck wasn't alone in this, which I mentioned before, but have a good look at the more serious threads and guess who posts the igniting flame to derailment...
The igniting flame to derailment? Are you people that fucking weak? Do you have an inherent urge to respond to such posts? In a public forum, you'd rather be complaining about such posts than to actually be contributing something MEANINGFUL yourself?

Don't answer that question.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #125
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
How could Duckman possibly be banned? It seemed like everyone really liked him.
I was probably the only one who found him disgusting and gross. I didn't like him, and I still don't.

His spamming is done now though, and I am happy.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote