Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
Darkemostar

I'm New Goth Girl Here

My name is Darkemostar, I'm really depressed at home. My grandfather died when I was 3 months old. As soon as my older cousin graduates high school he's joining the Navy. I've already had some what of a hard time here. That was given to me by Vindicatedxjin she actually hurt my feelings, she called me a "Tiny Child" a "Troll" and she said "Who are you? Go introduce yourself properly in the introductions thread."I asked Why should I it's not in the rules! "Because no one is ever going to see you as anything other than a troll, unless you introduce yourself like a civilized person...now... Chop chop.... "

I thought that was verry mean of her to say to me if you guys think that was mean please leave a comment of how mean that was of her to say that to a new goth.
Darkemostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
OnyxBat

It was not a nice greeting but hey some people get called a troll here just don't take it personally. move on and let it go...
Well let me greet you properly
Hi welcome to Gnet!
And I'm also a newbie to.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
OnyxBat

Sorry about you grandfather, I could relate to you. All my grandfathers dies before I was even born and three years ago my great gramma died and I never knew her because she lived in a other country while every one in my family got to know her.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
OnyxBat

*grandma
( sorry my keyboard is going nuts)
Old 08-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
Razeal18

It's considered proper forum edicate to introduce one's self prior to stating your opinion or comment on other topics, That being said vixen was poking fun at you. If that little string of insults gets under your skin that bad you may not like it here. In any event you may check this thread again and in doing so please answer the following questions and your breach of decorum will be forgiven.

1. what do you do? (Hobbies, job)

2. Where are you from?

3. Who is your favorite author?

4. What are your favorite films?

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Breathless Horror

You're skin may not be thick enough for this site, m'dear. It tends to heat up here. Good luck if you decide to stay, best wishes if not.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 AM   #7
Fruitbat

Hey I got called a troll and I'm actually a fruitbat.. I don't know how they could possibly mistake me for something that sits under a bridge. *shrugs*

Grow an extra thick skin, comes in handy.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #8
Darkemostar

Tanks you guys for understanding, my skin is verry thick i just got verry annoied with her i can usally take enought hits that would kill some one so basicaly some one could throw enough punches to normally kill some one but i'll last through that!(I don't hit.)
Darkemostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Darkemostar: choose your words carefully, with forethought, and use your best grammar, that way you will earn some respect because you will have laid the groundwork for accurate communications.

Next, choose what you communicate with forethought, for words are the dress of thought* and choose your topics with consideration for the audience you address, after all this is a public place and everyone's impression of you will depend on what you write.

The best way to consider your audience is to first look around before posting anything; read the current threads, and get a feel for the major players in the forums.

Then, after watching the sharks swim about and their feeding habits you can decide if you still want to jump in or not.

Be brave, but be smart and plan ahead, think ahead and review your post carefully before committing your words to eternity. This is not advice to suck up to the other members, but to be able to articulate your opinions well and be able to defend them successfully.

If you can do all of that as I advise, you will have earned respect, and then the real fun begins! The fun of dissecting our own thoughts and what they are based on, and perhaps even changing our opinions, of growing intelligent, and the fun of learning about new authors, new philosophies and new genres, new music and best of all new friends, the sweetest of all Epicurean delights.

Charlie Chaplin The Greatest Speech in History

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Darkemostar: choose your words carefully, with forethought, and use your best grammar, that way you will earn some respect because you will have laid the groundwork for accurate communications.

Next, choose what you communicate with forethought, for words are the dress of thought* and choose your topics with consideration for the audience you address, after all this is a public place and everyone's impression of you will depend on what you write.

The best way to consider your audience is to first look around before posting anything; read the current threads, and get a feel for the major players in the forums.

Then, after watching the sharks swim about and their feeding habits you can decide if you still want to jump in or not.

Be brave, but be smart and plan ahead, think ahead and review your post carefully before committing your words to eternity. This is not advice to suck up to the other members, but to be able to articulate your opinions well and be able to defend them successfully.

If you can do all of that as I advise, you will have earned respect, and then the real fun begins! The fun of dissecting our own thoughts and what they are based on, and perhaps even changing our opinions, of growing intelligent, and the fun of learning about new authors, new philosophies and new genres, new music and best of all new friends, the sweetest of all Epicurean delights.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

HumanePain, Wow I wish everyone here was made to read that. Thanks, and I agree as well!
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Breathless Horror

We could ask admin to make it a sticky. Immortal words from gothic.net's chill mentor.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #13
Romantigoth17

Hi Darkemostar and welcome to G.net. I'm new here aswell. Sorry about your grandfather. I never new my grandparents, they both died when i was about 1 years old so i can relate.
Romantigoth17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
ape descendant

Awe another baby bat... aren't you just the cutest thing ever!!

Its good you introduced yourself, otherwise some one might have mistaken you for a troll.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote