Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
roberteggleton

A Slightly Mentally Retarded Boy

breaks into a shed and find a very old, dust covered Lionel train.... I'm writing another story and that's the beginning. What do you think should happen next?

"Rarity from the Hollow" -- author proceeds prevent child abuse
roberteggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
maggot

He hurts himself.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
The reader is taken into magnification of the train layout: the tree lined streets, the school building and firehouse, barbershop, they are all there and he sees things happen there, things that he repeats to his parents when he is out on the town with them, and the things come true. Every day/night he watches the little town replica to see what will happen next! Thus he predicts the future, including disaster, and even prevents a little girl from drowning. The possibilities are endless!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
The reader is taken into magnification of the train layout: the tree lined streets, the school building and firehouse, barbershop, they are all there and he sees things happen there, things that he repeats to his parents when he is out on the town with them, and the things come true. Every day/night he watches the little town replica to see what will happen next! Thus he predicts the future, including disaster, and even prevents a little girl from drowning. The possibilities are endless!

Wow... what an imagination.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
JCC

I reckon he should get out the booze, bitchez and turntables and have his retarded self a partay!

Or just go with what HumanePain said, sounds alright.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcat
Thanks. I like to write fiction. I implore the Wishcat to grant me this one wish: make me a successful writer so I can stay home and write stories all day? Pleeeeeease?
:: puppy dog eyes ::

Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
roberteggleton

Great Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcat
You should be a writer! Your thoughts sound more original than the redundancy of the marketplace.

Unfortunately, most great writers never see the light of a street lamp. I just got home after a hard day as a therapist in a children's mental health program. Sure, it's air conditioned, but my jobs in construction were, frankly, easier.

I love your ideas, and unless you object, I'd like to go with them.

Robert Eggleton
"Rarity from the Hollow" - a novel that raises funds to prevent child abuse -- keep your day job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberteggleton
You should be a writer! Your thoughts sound more original than the redundancy of the marketplace.

Unfortunately, most great writers never see the light of a street lamp. I just got home after a hard day as a therapist in a children's mental health program. Sure, it's air conditioned, but my jobs in construction were, frankly, easier.

I love your ideas, and unless you object, I'd like to go with them.

Robert Eggleton
"Rarity from the Hollow" - a novel that raises funds to prevent child abuse -- keep your day job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be honored for you to "run with it" and am even more pleased that you understood the unwritten "details" between the general descriptions. I think you know where to take it. Have fun with it, and I hope it brings you renown. I am fortunate enough to already have one of my stories published (and copyrighted) and many others too that are copyrighted and enjoyed by thousands. This idea I give to you, as you were as much a part in it's creation by suggesting the beginning seed for thought! Please let me read the finished product. And feel free to post here again if you suffer "writer's block" or don't know where to take it, and as sometimes happens to me, you write yourself into a corner.

The very best of luck to you.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
roberteggleton

Thanks and I'll let you know when the story is published. Unfortunately, for Stainless Steel, I just got a better offer after accepting the first, and pissing off the second editor. I need to reply tonight -- beg for the mag to publish a reprint.... Here's a copy of the email that I received a few days too late:

Dear Robert --

Thanks for your submission of Stainless Steel to Cryptopedia Magazine -- sorry it's taken so long to get back to you -- but I wanted to send it around to the rest of the staff.

I think this tale is excellent, and I'd love to publish it in the first issue of Cryptomag. I will be sending you a contract for the $25 shortly. In the meantime, can you please send me a 120 word (or less, of course) bio of yourself and a photo (if you'd like) that will run with the story.

Congrats -- and I hope to hear from you soon!

dfk

Cryptopedia Magazine
Coming to Get You This September!
Jonathan Maberry, Publisher
David F. Kramer, Executive Editor
www.cryptopediamagazine.com
www.vampireuniverse.com
Old 05-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #10
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberteggleton
Thanks and I'll let you know when the story is published. Unfortunately, for Stainless Steel, I just got a better offer after accepting the first, and pissing off the second editor. I need to reply tonight -- beg for the mag to publish a reprint.... Here's a copy of the email that I received a few days too late:

Dear Robert --

Thanks for your submission of Stainless Steel to Cryptopedia Magazine -- sorry it's taken so long to get back to you -- but I wanted to send it around to the rest of the staff.

I think this tale is excellent, and I'd love to publish it in the first issue of Cryptomag. I will be sending you a contract for the $25 shortly. In the meantime, can you please send me a 120 word (or less, of course) bio of yourself and a photo (if you'd like) that will run with the story.

Congrats -- and I hope to hear from you soon!

dfk

Cryptopedia Magazine
Coming to Get You This September!
Jonathan Maberry, Publisher
David F. Kramer, Executive Editor
www.cryptopediamagazine.com
www.vampireuniverse.com
How exciting for you! Congratulations! I will have to send one of my unpublished stories to them and try my luck! Which one would you suggest?
O_o

Old 05-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
roberteggleton

One that tears open the soul without pain and with a protagonist as victim that becomes hero beyond imagination. It has to be very dark for this mag -- it doesn't seem to be for children, so a Harry Potter will be ignored as deserved.

I couldn't find your stuff, but especially since you commented / advised on mine, I'd be glad to return the effort. My newest story, it may not sell, is about a slightly mentally retarded boy who falls in love with a picture that promises to save him from further victimization. I appreciate your ideas toward this end. I'm old and wish that I'd started sooner. Andrew Eldridge.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #12
HumanePain

Please read all 3 chapters of this one, which I have renamed "Getting Out" (unfortunately I posted it before I heard about the movie of the same name and cannot change the title on Gnet), and give me your opinion.

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3780

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #13
Vyvian Blackthorne

Good goth~~~! You know what he should do??? He should like tee tee lee do something like grabbing onto some sort of rocket ship and getting blasted off into space and then go onto a planert to which cannablistic alien-zombies that look like Kate Bush eat the brains of young children and then he turns into a lama.
Goth Forever