Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Despanan

Ever been oddly attracted to someone?

Like if someone who's not your type / doesn't fit your regular sense of aesthetics (for whatever reason) but every time you get around them you just want to have mad, passionate sex with them?

I dunno, I heard somewhere that alot of human courtship has to do with pheromones, and I'm starting to believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
AsylumVoid

I had that with someone I knew once. We didn't have sex it was one of those Dom/sub things and it was cool and all that. Eventually, I cut him loose because I found out that I didn't really like him in that way and I was just doing it because it was "wrong" if you get what I mean?
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Yes.

lakdshaownglkw
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
SweetJane

Yeah, definitely. Met her in math class in highschool. She is the sweetest rosy-cheeked southern belle... she's smart and well read(loved dickens- I illlustrated some scenes from A Tale of Two Cities for her). Though she was raised baptists, knows a LOT better and was interested in all sorts of people. She laughed at my jokes and I drew aweful comics on her homework before she turned it in, and one day around Halloween she helped me with an impromptu practical joke that made the whole class think I had stabbed her(I know, stupid, and I could have been expelled)...

She works at Barnes and Noble now and I swear I can barely contain myself when I see her.

She's fucking straight as an arrow.

I think a lot about how nice it would be going to live with her in her home town in Louissiana, with the sun shining and the breeze blowing through the house, sipping on sweet tea (which she always made for me).

But now I think I'll just go up north to Chicago to be bitter, with the snow and wind ripping at my face as I walk to down the sidewalk, smoking a cigarette and wanting coffee.

Thanks for reminding me.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
Ophelia's Snorkel

The closest I ever got was my senior year in high school when I briefly and secretly dated a cute preppy guy. I think he just wanted to experiment before settling down to his pre-planned khaki future; and I kept it secret because I really didn't want my parents getting their hopes up that "this is her turning point - finally!"

Man, I hadn't thought of him in years. Hope he's happy.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
Still Jack

Ah yeah, I have a lot of relationships like that. They tend to fail 2 weeks later because of "creative differences" Or because said partner can't get a grip on the way I look at life or just can't deal with my habits.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Ah yeah, I have a lot of relationships like that. They tend to fail 2 weeks later because of "creative differences" Or because said partner can't get a grip on the way I look at life or just can't deal with my habits.
Unfortunately, I was with someone like that for nearly a year. It was pretty hideous.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
Pineapple_Juice

Oh God. My redneck. Yes.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
vindicatedxjin

Yes...but those things will usually go kirplunk.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
creature6

yes but it never worked out in the end as i was being criticized on several things.(creation wise and how i lived my life).
So they had to fuck off.
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
Saya

For looks, yeah happens all the time. I once said I'd never date a guy who was significantly shorter than me but it happened, eventually I thought the height difference was adorable. I love dark hair and yet all the guys I seriously dated were blonde. I hate beards...well you get the idea.

But for personality or whatever, there's some things I refuse to compromise on and it turns me right off.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #12
Solumina

Jake and I are so not each other's type. He always dated short girls who were really outspoken but I'm a good 5 inches taller than his tallest ex and I'm shy, quite, and polite (though I get a lot less quite once I'm comfortable around you). I always went for the quiet intellectuals who were into politics and who were rather small but Jake is outgoing, not really an intellectual (though he is rather bright he just likes hands on activities a lot more than say philosophy), he doesn't really know much about politics but I'm converting him, and at 6'6" (well 6'4" when we met but he is still growing) he isn't exactly petite.

You type really isn't always what works out best. When we started dating I thought it was going to be a rather sort but fun relationship but after being together for just a week I knew it was something special that was going to last for years.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Oh God. My redneck. Yes.
I like this story.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #14
KontanKarite

All the time.

This one chick at school. We had nothing at all in common, but my fucking god...
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
Anarasha

Yeah <.< This one girl, but I am pretty sure that if by some odd chance we engaged in something, she is too skinny and small, and I am pretty sure she would snap in half(I am not exactly a feather.) So no chance there :P
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #16
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I like this story.
Only because you were hearing about it instead of living it! It's what I deserve-never date someone because of their looks.

He was damn cute though. He had these nice blue eyes and a strong jaw and this pretty little baby face and not a scrap of fat on him. Too bad he sucked harder than a Bissell.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
honeythorn

There are a couple of lads I like who are not of the skinny variety. Not podgy or anything just large in the frame and a little muscular-ish
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #18
ilspafot

Thanks

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.
me too, I need more detailed info

Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 AM   #19
Joker_in_the_Pack

Haha yeah,

I met this one girl at a play of my friends while I was still in a relationship with someone. I hung out with my friends and her for a while. She was the total opposite of my type. She was short, neat, wore expensive clothes (well, expensive relative to what I wear). She was into indie-rock and bad pop music, she was a theatre lover (I am, and have always been, at odds with theatre, it's less than my favorite medium of art). She was rather subdued in her actions, she was more polite and mindful of others. She was very emotional, basically the opposite of what I looked for. But, I asked her out anyway. From the first half hour of our date it was basically clear we were polar opposites.

We've been dating two years and are currently engaged.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #20
Still Jack

I guess sometimes you need something else to be complete, not what you've already got.

God that sounds wanky...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #21
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
We've been dating two years and are currently engaged.
Oh, man...
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #22
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I guess sometimes you need something else to be complete, not what you've already got.

God that sounds wanky...
But it's true. At least with Mrs. Humane and I. Opposites, yet married 25 years.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #23
Pantherlette086

I am opposites with my boyfriend. He's a homebody, and I don't like that. We've been together for over a year. I'm not sure what the future holds.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #24
Pineapple_Juice

Interests I think can be opposite and you can be okay. Like he likes country and you like rap, that sort of thing. But certain characteristics I think need to be the same. It's good to have the same goals and relatively the same ideas about the future. If one person wants to stay at home and have an assload of children and homeschool them and the other one wants to travel around the world filming exotic snakes and such for the rest of their lives, it's obviously not going to work out.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #25
Still Jack

That's kinda always what doesn't work in my relationships...