Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
JCC

Which of you guys live in England?

This is directed at people who aren't assholes, by the way. I'm curious.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
LiUsAiDh

:waves:

vnruvnlcharacterlimit

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
honeythorn

No idea if I fall into the asshole category but well, you know I'm only up the road as it were.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
Bete Noire

Like Honeythorn I'm not sure if I'm an arsehole or not (although unlike her I'm quite certain she isn't)
but I'm UK as well. Although I'm about as far from the rest of you as I could possibly be and still be in England.

EDIT: Apart from that cat-shit racist wanker Chazz, who completely unconcernedly informed me that the Maltese are inferior and are all paedophiles. Despite knowing I'm half maltese.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
Draconysius

I've lived there many times, though not in this life. Hastings is forever my home.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
JCC

We should have a UK Gnet meeting. It would be badass.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
Delkaetre

English. No idea if I count as asshole or not.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
She_Is_My_Sin

South East. I don't think I'm in close range to many anyway.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Bete Noire

Which bit SIMs? I'm just across the water from the Isle of Wight.

And JCC yeah would be great. I'd like to actually meet a few people from here. Hopefully I'll see Honeythorn at Whitby in october.
I don't know if it's too short notice, but I guess we could do a meet then, like sometime during the day.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
Duane

Which part of England would be the best part to move to at this present time?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
Which bit SIMs? I'm just across the water from the Isle of Wight.

And JCC yeah would be great. I'd like to actually meet a few people from here. Hopefully I'll see Honeythorn at Whitby in october.
I don't know if it's too short notice, but I guess we could do a meet then, like sometime during the day.
No idea where Whitby is. A friend went on holiday there but I've no way of getting there really. What's the occasion at Whitby anyway?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
Delkaetre

Whitby's on the Yorkshire coast, really exposed to all the winds that come down from the icy North Pole.
It's in the northeast, not far from Scarborough.
The event is Whitby Gothic Weekend, the twice yearly festival that gets several thousand goths from the UK and even international visitors. This year, we have Wayne Hussey and Specimen headlining.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
honeythorn

Heeheee! *dances*
Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
JCC

When you say festival is it a one-day festival or a camp?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
honeythorn

The bands are on over two days but there are other events that spill over onto the Sunday and Monday. No one camps out, it's all held in the town so everybody stays in hotels, B&B's and holiday cottages.

Click me
Old 08-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
Bete Noire

Some people camp, but only because accomodation can be interesting.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #17
Delkaetre

We like having beds and baths and wardrobes, so we don't camp. We take over the whole town instead.
I have a really great little place, Honeythorn, you have to visit some time. I'm sharing with Mourning For Autumn, you'll like em. Pyromancer's very Steampunk, very enthusiastic.

JCC, the main bands are on Friday and Saturday at the Spa, with an overflow event at the Metropole. There's usually a free gig on Thursday at the Resolution hotel. On the Sunday and the Monday there are post-festival events, and usually everyone's packed up and gone home by Tuesday night.
During the day, there's a lot of shopping as the traders set up stalls in the venues the bands will use that night. Trading's been extended to Sunday recently, due to popularity. There's also plenty to see and do, since there's a jetworks, a lovely old Abbey, and it's the town that Dracula first landed in in Bram Stoker's novel. Lots of smuggling history, too, and a nice art gallery up on the hill. And on the Sunday- goth football. Goths versus journalists in a charity match to raise money for a local charity- the hospice, the animal shelter, etc.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #18
Bete Noire

I'm only there for the friday and saturday, and a little bit of sunday, but I'm going back then which is a six hour drive so not too late.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #19
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I'm only there for the friday and saturday, and a little bit of sunday, but I'm going back then which is a six hour drive so not too late.
Aww, no football? I have my official Real Gothic F.C. scarf and everything! It's fun, and the bar is cheap.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
JCC

If all of the Gnet people going were to stay in one little B&B or hotel I could ask my dad to drive me down and pick me up when the festival's over.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
Bete Noire

I think people are all staying in various places to be honest. I'm staying with my dad in the Abbey Hostel, which is about as cheap as accomodation gets as far as I could see.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #22
Delkaetre

The hostel's popular for people on a budget.
My self-catering cottage is booked up already- myself and three others have had it booked since this time last year.
We're getting it again next year, April and Oct again. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep sharing with MfA, or see about sharing with only two of them and letting M or W share my room with me.
JCC, we won't all be able to get the same place- but we can organise a meetup. Given your relative youth, though, the pubs won't be a good idea. My friend was IDed at the Elsinore- she's 20, but looks 16, so doesn't get served.
Possibly one of the many tea rooms in the town?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #23
JCC

Eh, I pass for 18 pretty much everywhere, but okay.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #24
Delkaetre

Well, if you can make it, I'm usually in the Resolution on Thursday evenings.
Then the Spa on Friday and Saturday night.
I'll be at Sherlock's Tea Room at the steampunk meet, but I'm not confirmed for any other daytime events.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #25
honeythorn

I think I may stay for the Sunday night this time hopefully. I'd hate to waste my Real Gothic scarf, even though I detest football. I'm really struggling with accessories/gizmos for the steampunk meetup apart from my goggles :_(