Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #26
weepingblood

You guys are all looking at this in earthly terms when it's a religous issue.

If the Jews have been good, and their religion is right, then they will go to Heaven anyway.

If the Mormans are right, then they have allowed them a chance to get into THEIR Heaven.

Everybody wins.
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #27
Saya

You're a satanist now, weepingblood. I just baptized you.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #28
weepingblood

That does'nt work because I have followed my religoun properly. That's the point, it does'nt matter if you've done right.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #29
Saya

It matters if you were tortured and murdered for being Jewish and sixty years later some freaky mormons who think God turned black people's skin dark because they are evil tries to baptize them after promising not to.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #30
weepingblood

If you are dead and in your Heaven then why would you care?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #31
Saya

It matters to the ones who survived the Holocaust and want their loved ones to be respected.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #32
weepingblood

But it does'nt affect the people being batized at all.

I'm not saying it is right, just that this seems a silly thing to fight over when noone has been hurt.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #33
Eclipsing the Son

Both parties suffer from illogical and dogmatic philosophies that inhibit their otherwise completely enjoyable lives.

Both parties owe their worries and sufferings to nobody but themselves.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #34
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
Both parties suffer from illogical and dogmatic philosophies that inhibit their otherwise completely enjoyable lives.

Both parties owe their worries and sufferings to nobody but themselves.
Being a Holocaust survivor makes you suffer from illogical and dogmatic philosophies? What is the philosophy of a Holocaust survivor?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #35
Eclipsing the Son

Taking it upon themselves to avenge the baptisms of non survivors that aren't alive to give a damn is a good starting point.

I'm not getting into it with you. You argue with me for the sake of arguing with me. It reminds me of being picked on and laughed at by certain girls in highschool before they would invite me under the bleachers to make out and the answer is no. I don't want to make out with you.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #36
Saya

Quote:
Taking it upon themselves to avenge the baptisms of non survivors that aren't alive to give a damn is a good starting point.

I'm not getting into it with you. You argue with me for the sake of arguing with me. It reminds me of being picked on and laughed at by certain girls in highschool before they would invite me under the bleachers to make out and the answer is no. I don't want to make out with you.
Its about respecting the people who were viciously murdered because of their religion, its not like they are suing them or anything, just saying "This isn't right, you agreed not to do it and you keep on doing it."

And you're embarressing yourself by choosing to take up Helpmann's tactics instead of actually having a discussion.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #37
Eclipsing the Son

You consider baptism a disrespect? mmmm. The Mormons are going to like that...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #38
Saya

Because a religion that believes in racism and polygamy is so full of respect, right?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #39
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Because a religion that believes in racism and polygamy is so full of respect, right?
You're making this too easy. Do you know how many scriptures from the Torah/Books of Moses I could conjure that promote racism and polygamy?

You're so smart I'm sure you can find them yourself. You know. Through research.

http://torahtales2007.wordpress.com/...rth-of-racism/

Both sides of the argument are ridiculous. This discussion is over.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #40
Saya

Does it say anywhere that God man black people black to shame them, or that men require many wives to get into heaven?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #41
Jonathan

I think they both have their silly moments, but it is pretty hard to beat converting dead people by having a stunt double stand in.

That is a special kind of weird that my onboard compiler is having difficulty parsing.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #42
Eclipsing the Son

I dare you to argue with Jonathan, Saya.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #43
Saya

Why? How is saying "proxy baptism is strange" something I'd like to debate?

Find those Torah quotes about God shaming men by turning their skin black yet?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #44
Jonathan

It isn't really a fair challenge, mostly because I'm kind of past the point where arguing on the internet is fun. If I have something to say I'll do it, otherwise I'm in it for the conversation.

I'm sure Saya and I have had differences, but really nothing worth getting worked up over.

I agree that some random group arbitrarily baptizing dead people doesn't change anything, but I do think that performing that particular ritual in regards to these particular people is at best in extremely poor taste.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #45
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Why? How is saying "proxy baptism is strange" something I'd like to debate?

Find those Torah quotes about God shaming men by turning their skin black yet?

Why would I stop there when, in the Torah/Old Testament/Books of Moses, there are hateful and derogatory things spoken against ANY nationality that is not the decendant of Israel?

I'm already aware of them. Look them up yourself. You know. Research.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #46
Saya

I rather enjoy debating with you Jonathan when we do differ ^_^ You're level headed and keep me on my toes, and no worries about ad hominem attacks.

@Eclipsing: no, I want to see if you're able to do any research and back up your arguments all on your own.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #47
Saya

Quote:
I already proved my ability to do this by passes my World Religion studies at community college.

How about I give you my paypal account and once you enter 20 dollars into it I'll send you scans of my research final?
If you can't take the time to even remember something and use it as an example, then don't waste time trying to debate.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #48
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepingblood
But it does'nt affect the people being batized at all.
Fine, then I do baptize you as a satanist once more.
If you're right then what does it matter?
If it just so happens that I'm right, I have just given you the chance to a better life.
Everybody wins.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #49
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
If you can't take the time to even remember something and use it as an example, then don't waste time trying to debate.
You know what? I don't even feel like I'm sinking low or anything when I call you a moron. The description factually fits the bill when it comes to you.

Do you really think anybody would do that for you? Are you going to pay me?

You make the borderline retarded seem reasonable. At least they know there is something wrong with them.

I am not going to go and prove common knowlege to you. It's a fact. I don't need to prove it through anything but writing it out for you.

Jews believe that their bloodline are GODS CHOSEN PEOPLE and that nobody else can inherit GODS blessings. That should be considered offensive to any self respecting person who isn't Jewish.

You're an idiot.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #50
Saya

Quote:
You know what? I don't even feel like I'm sinking low or anything when I call you a moron. The description factually fits the bill when it comes to you.

Do you really think anybody would do that for you? Are you going to pay me?

You make the borderline retarded seem reasonable. At least they know there is something wrong with them.

I am not going to go and prove common knowlege to you. It's a fact. I don't need to prove it through anything but writing it out for you.

Jews believe that their bloodline are GODS CHOSEN PEOPLE and that nobody else can inherit GODS blessings. That should be considered offensive to any self respecting person who isn't Jewish.

You're an idiot.
Where's my cheque for winning the "love is biological" argument? Thats common knowledge.

You can't just say stuff and not back it up. And since God just entered an agreement with Abraham, its that he has a deal with the Jewish people, I never heard a Jew say something like "all other religions/races" are going to hell.