Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #26
OCD Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardol
after searching I couldn't find the DIY page I was really looking for, but maybe check this out

http://www.naturaljapanesebeauty.com/njb.page2.html

the japanese are traditionallhy all about fair skin. Being a genuine red head the biggest problems I have are the sun and that clogged pores are very obvious and must be fougth against fiercely. Have any suggestions?

PS I'm a sweetie! -so says Xng <swoons>-
Hmmm, well I'm not too excited about putting bird dooky on my face....
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #27
IlGato_DiDiablo

My skin is naturally pale..I just use pressed powder and I use whitening cream twice a day (day and night), it's made of Indian herbs and it really works...It's a good suggestion!
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #28
WolfMoon

Bah!

Enjoy your natural skin tone! If you want to look paler just use a lighter base/foundation. I'm against people trying to change the pigment of their skin!

Who cares if you're not pale? My skin tone will always be darker because of my Native heritage. Doesn't bother me. I do use a slightly paler foundation, but I only wear foundation when I'm going to the club. It really makes my make-up stand out if I've done a wonderful job(and I always do, lol).

Please don't pollute your body with nasty chemicals just to achieve some 'gothic' ideal, people. It's ridiculous.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #29
Empty_Purple_Stars

But if you simply MUST do it..

Just invest in a gallon of Primer and a Air Sprayer..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #30
Ben Lahnger

There's a show on the FX network tonight (I think it's called "Black White" where they are using some new state-of-the-art makeup techniques to make a black family look white and a white family look black. Talk about your ultimate skin lighteners ... maybe a pointer or two could be found there.

My, I'll take my German-Irish-Swedish-CreeIndian pale pinkish skin and live with it ... I'm all about content and not appearances ...

except when it comes to BOOBIES!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #31
maggot

I'm not going for a more "gothic" look. I find tans to be ugly. Oh, and I hate my red skin, it looks like I'm blushing. Is it caused by a large amount of blood? Let's see...
*Scampers off to donate blood*
What?! I'm too young?!
Dammit.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #32
OCD Insomnia

My skin is naturally olive-white. But because of my acne I must use cover-up. The thicker kind works best.(So you can paint it on hehe.)
Old 03-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #33
Circle V

If you want to be paler, just move up here. Gah.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #34
Cicero

Redness is caused by blood under the skin. Therefore: Draining body of blood = less redness. Works like a charm. Arsenic and lead are some other good suggestions, but are a little too healthy for my tastes. So go grab the kitchen knife and GET BLEEDING!
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #35
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
But if you simply MUST do it..

Just invest in a gallon of Primer and a Air Sprayer..

Two gallons, depending on how tall you are!

Old 03-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #36
OCD Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Ew... Did you ever consider caking on makeup and not allowing your pores to breathe could be CAUSING your acne?
Yes, and it will probibly be a never ending cycle.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #37
Draculette

I dont see why you want to make yourself have pale skin...Whatever color skin you have is what you were born with, Its what makes a person unique, No need to change yourself

But..I do want to mention, I Have an indian friend who wanted a paler, more fair complexion,She had very tanned skin teamed with a red blush like complexion, she tried 'Skin Fairing creams& lotions' Tha worked very well, But after a while Her face Looked much fairer than her neck & upper chest area, it looked she was wearing a foundation that was way too pale for her, Shes decided to stick with the skin God gave her now :P
Draculette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #38
PoisonHeart

As someone who gets many compliments on my complexion, I can tell you that healthy skin is more important than pale skin. Xnguela has a point that if you're going for the gothier (I love that word, whether or not it is grammatically correct) image, then pale skin is definitely a plus. However, one should never sacrifice health for skin tone. I would definitely NOT take Cruel Intentions' advice about sleep deprivation as a form of achieving a pallid complexion. In fact, get MORE sleep. One of the best kept secrets of skincare is to get plenty of sleep. It's better to get too much than not enough. Any dermatologist (or any doctor for that matter) will tell you that sleep deprivation can cause serious health detriment; ranging from increased susceptibility to mental and physical illness, to premature aging and insomnia.
PoisonHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #39
Vitsa

I think I look odd when I get tanned. And I think it doesn't fit me, so I try to turn my back to the sun, when I'm forced to go out.
But if I get tanned, I have a solution. I use those peeling masks after or before I wash my face. Luckily my skin gets fast pale and we have only 4½ sunny months :P And always there is those sun lotions.
But I have never heard if you could get your skin paler with something. Sounds very strange. I would never put those things on my skin.
Vitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #40
OCD Insomnia

I look rather good with a tan but I don't feel "right" with one. Maybe if I didn't live in northern california(pine trees ect..) then it would not look so odd to me.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #41
Iriacynthe

The Elegant Solution:

I own five of them, to match with different outfits.
I can't wait 'till it's summer again!
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #42
Corpus_Draconis

Parasols are sweet. I have yet to find a decent one, so in the meantime my umbrella will have to do. I have a pretty sweet umbrella though; you know you get some umbrellas that you press the button and it opens? It's like that, but the button opens and closes it. Can't say much for the colour, though. Medium-dark green and blue and white. Maybe I should find some black umbrella fabric and replace it or sew over it.

I've also heard that radish and cucumber works to pale skin. Hydrogen peroxide does seem to work some, for a while anyway. Maybe I'll try it with lemons some time.

I want to pale myself because I think good pale skin looks stunning, especially with dark or red hair.

And if you're gonna pale yourself, please, PLEASE do your neck, chest and arms as well... if not, you'll look silly.

And yes, anaemia through iron deficiency does make you pale. I was iron deficient for a while and my skin was noticably paler than before. However, it also makes you fatigued, dizzy and lethargic. I have yet to decide whether it's worth it. :P
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:07 AM   #43
IlGato_DiDiablo

I think pale skin and black hair is very attractive. It gives it this black and white contrast. The eyes, hair and pale skin is a pretty good black and white cocktail.

I saw this girl one time, her face was as white as a ghost, but her neck and hands were tanned? What the hell, when you bleach it's best to do the whole body rather than just the face. :S
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #44
WolfMoon

The only advice I will give on paler skin is to avoid the sun and wear sunblock. It also helps keep you from premautre wrinkling, which is more important to me than pale skin.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #45
Cruel Intentions

My gran - yes, my gran! - used to think that black clothing and white hair was the height of beauty. I don't mean light grey, I mean pure white. unfortunately for her, her hair only ever came to a very light grey, not quite white but almost.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #46
winged_dreams

Just don't go in the sun! XD Please don't hurt me!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #47
WolfMoon

You could create a mask with different make-up for each night you go out!

Ah, Santarea yopu just cut make gettin' ready time down to nothin'!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #48
Wise Child

Okay, these are my tips for keeping pale skin clear - as Santarea said, you have to watch your pores if you're on the whiter side. This is what works for me:

If you have normal or dry skin, you may not feel like you need toner. If your skin is on the oily side, like mine, toner is your best friend. It really makes a difference to me - my pores start to look clogged after a couple of days without it.

Also, if your skin is oily, exfoliating often seems better for me. I use facial scrub every evening.

Now and again, put loads of cleanser or face wash on your skin, leave it for a minute then spend 5-10 minutes rubbing it in. A friend told me to do this and it really keeps your pores clear.

I don't put foundation all over, just on blemishes. I get spots if I cake my face in it. I also use talcum powder instead of make-up powder, as I think it's better for your skin.

The main thing, as someone already said, is to drink plenty of water, not eat too much crap and get as much fruit as you can. It's worth taking a bit of trouble over pale skin, as any blemishes really stand out.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #49
diacrusis

Meh!
I'm yellow like the Simpsons, and NO! I am not asian.
diacrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #50
Corpus_Draconis

Estrogen-based birth-control pills also work for getting rid of zits. There are some that get prescribed for that specific reason.

I need something that'll clean my face without drying it out. Soap tends to dry it too much, so I get more zits with soap than I do if I just use water. Maybe I'll start using sugar or oats to exfoliate...

What does toner do?
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote