Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
korinna5555

Columbine: The Real Story

..I'm just happy that the Rachel's Challenge group will stop coming to my school..

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...?se=yahoorefer
Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Pyre

Fuck this author, everyone knows Marilyn Manson is the reason for the shootings. It's the only explanation.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Fuck this author, everyone knows Marilyn Manson is the reason for the shootings. It's the only explanation.
All that bullshit about "depression, bullying..." screw that. Everyone knows depression is a myth started by the pharmaceutical companies to get rich quick. Just like AD/HD and schizophrenia.

What these kids needed was a good slap in the face and to let HIM into their lives. Only with god could they have been saved.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #4
Maxim_Macabre

They were obviously evil gothics!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Tam Li Hua

If Rachel is the Christian chick who was going around the country talking about Columbine, then I'd have to agree; I saw her once on-stage, and she just didn't seem that believable.

This story actually makes a LOT more sense than any of the other rumors or theories I heard at the time and since, including the Jesus kid getting killed "for his/her faith".
Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
korinna5555

Rachel is the one who supposedly said "yeah, I believe in god" and was then shot. Her brother came to our school a few times, to tell us about not bullying and faith and crap. It was awful.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Did anyone else think "Duh..." when they read this?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
korinna5555

Yes, especially the first freakin' sentence.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #9
Drake Dun

"Columbine became a kind of giant national Rorschach test."

That says it all. The only gripe I have with this article is the implicit suggestion that this is new information. The business about the girl being killed for her belief in a god, for example - please. What do people think life is, a fucking fairy tale? Picture perfect drama like that doesn't happen in real life.

He was killed because he was black!
She was killed because she was Christian!
They did it because of evil music!

Whatever. Anything to avoid facing the facts, I guess.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Pyre

It's funny how many songs were written about Cassie, the Christian martyr, for the rumor about her getting shot for her response.

I was amused that this article came out when it did, because earlier that morning in class we were discussing the West Memphis 3 (3 metalheads who were sentenced to and still in prison for a murder they didn't commit--prosecuted simply for being different) and a girl related the actions taken against these three boys to the rumors about Columbine's attacks being a response to the guys' love of Marilyn Manson. Suddenly, all violent teenagers who wear black are accused of listening to Manson, OH SHI- It was still extant in my high school, likely perpetuated by the kids who were melodramatic and did sport Marilyn Manson t-shirts.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote