Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #26
Cicero

I'm 19

My msn is Cicero.Taxidermy at g mail dot com

And fuck, Goth with a Sledgehammer is way off mark there... I totally forgot about that thing.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
Qgirl

What school is it for?
Qgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #28
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qgirl View Post
What school is it for?
University of Georgia.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
Malice In Wonderland

mr_t_on_a_drive at hot mail (dot) Co (dot) Uk

I'm 15.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #30
Qgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
University of Georgia.
That's cool. Who would have guessed that school would have such a progressive class?
Qgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #31
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qgirl View Post
Who would have guessed that school would have such a progressive class?
Unfortunately, it may be the last time the class is ever offered. The professor teaching it did so voluntarily, but since she attended grad school here the school does not want her as a tenured professor, so she's leaving next year to teach elsewhere. It's too bad, as she's sort of a badass and used to dabble in goth herself.

We also have LGBT studies here, if I am not mistaken. I don't know what course titles they fall under, but I have heard that some professors actually offer classes on the topic.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-23-2009, 04:55 AM   #32
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I was the "Goth" kid from Year 7-10 (though I was nothing near the definition which GM goes by and I have accepted as true) and my friend pioneered "emo" at our school... do I count? (humor)

I do listen to Goth rock... so I guess i'm kind of a goth... this topic is really kind of vague...

I'm a super person anyway so you should add me just for being fantastic!

evilchocobolord at hotmail dot com
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #33
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
And fuck, Goth with a Sledgehammer is way off mark there... I totally forgot about that thing.
Yeahhh, according to most on here that seems to be so, I reread it again thanks to saya rereading it and yeah.... I'll probably never mention it again seeing as how it's way off base as far as the society is concerned.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #34
Pyre

UPDATE:

I e-mailed my professor about age limitations on interviewees, and though I haven't received a response from her yet (as I only just sent the e-mail) I am positive she'll allow me to use older members, especially after I expressed how the comparison and contrast between old and new could bring a lot of color to my research. So, for any of you older members that are interested, please let me know. Also, if you have any friends or know of anyone who would be interested, get the same information of them that I asked of you guys, and we'll get this ball rolling shortly. I am going to try working on the questions I intend to answer this weekend once I have given more thought to the angle I want to take in my research, but I'll go ahead and inform you guys ahead of time that Authenticity will most certainly be one of the concepts I choose since many of you (and myself, included) care greatly about this aspect.

Just thinking about working on this paper has me all excited. I am so lame.

Also, and I hope this isn't against any of the rules to ask, but does anyone here have a Deathrock.com messageboard account? I registered one last week and still have not received any admittance, and I do not know how long they usually take. I was interested in asking members on that forum for their information as well so I can eliminate any particular website influence (i.e. it could be possible that prominent members of the boards sway the way others feel and believe). The point I am trying to reach is that if I don't get admittance to the boards in time I may ask a favor of any of you who may be part of their community to plant the seed of interest for me.

That's all I have to say for now. For anyone who's still interested, regardless of age, please let me know: contact information, age, and "do you consider yourself goth?".

Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #35
Pyre

Got the formal A-OK for older members' input. My professor's reasoning is that it's not a nursing home, so it's still a youth subculture. Hah.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #36
Pyre

Sorry for posting so much:

I have added most of you to your respective instant messengers, but as I am using Pidgin many of them are being seeded through the same program. My only concern is that, even with all of my accounts enabled, not a single one of you appears online. It could be sheer coincidence, but I worry that perhaps it is not. I am currently threading together three programs into one chaotic mess--AIM, MySpace IM, and MSN--which is more than I've tried attempting with this program prior to today (with the exception of Yahoo! which refuses to work altogether). If any of you would like to add me and/or message me to alleviate some concerns I have for the quality of this program, please feel free.

AIM: PyreAnkh
MySpace IM: Pyre_ankh
MSN: PyreAnkh@hotmail (dot) com

I also have access to Gmail IM (pyreankh@gmail (dot) com) for anyone who may use that.

Also, if you decide to go ahead and add me and I appear offline on any of the aforementioned messengers, please inform me as that implies there is a connection problem on my end, probably directly related to Pidgin (although the internet connection here is unstable as well). I am always online, regardless whether I am actually here and available or not, so contacting me should never be an issue.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Also, and I hope this isn't against any of the rules to ask, but does anyone here have a Deathrock.com messageboard account?
Matt and Kerri have accounts there (Haunted and badteccy).

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #38
Cicero

Myself and a friend have had to wait months for account activation on Deathrock.com. Bat Brains can ask one of the moderators to activate your account if you like, he'll probably have to ask about mine soon anyway.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #39
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Myself and a friend have had to wait months for account activation on Deathrock.com. Bat Brains can ask one of the moderators to activate your account if you like, he'll probably have to ask about mine soon anyway.
That's ridicgoddamnulous. (I like rearranging infixes.) You should have had him do that ages ago. I thought about e-mailing the confirmation address sent to me, but I figured it is a bot and will not result in a response.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #40
Smells Like A Foot

I am going to sell all yous guys e-mail addresses and make me loads of monies!!!!!

Also, I am an old person. Wanna interview me, as an outside perspective? I'll tell you why it's all bullshit.
Smells Like A Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:59 AM   #41
Pyre

Awesome. Just got my admittance e-mail to deathrock.com. Guess someone said something about it to their admins.

EDIT: And then it still tells me my account is invalid. Awesome.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 AM   #42
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smells Like A Foot View Post
I am going to sell all yous guys e-mail addresses and make me loads of monies!!!!!

Also, I am an old person. Wanna interview me, as an outside perspective? I'll tell you why it's all bullshit.
Dude, anyone with half a brain knows that. All Shall Be Judged put it quite succinctly in one of her few posts here.

As for the e-mail addresses, you're too late for that Sparky. :~p
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #43
Smells Like A Foot

There are always profitses to be making!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 AM   #44
Mir

Go to work, you bum!!!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #45
Raptor

Quote:
I have added most of you to your respective instant messengers, but as I am using Pidgin many of them are being seeded through the same program. My only concern is that, even with all of my accounts enabled, not a single one of you appears online.
You show up as online for me so it seems to be working.

I don't know what's going on with DR, I seem to remember that it was fairly quick to get my account activated but I only logged in a couple of times before getting bored.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #46
Desdemona

I'm up for being interviewed if you like. I don't know what other 'goths' think of me, because I'd say I'm a Goth but I listen to quite a lot of metal as well. But whatever.
I'm 14, by the way.
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #47
Smells Like A Foot

Well, you sound apathetic enough!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #48
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smells Like A Foot View Post
Well, you sound apathetic enough!
Shh yerself ducky!

she's not apathetic.

And I like the new chunes on your myspace!
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #49
Smells Like A Foot

Buy it, bitch!

[Tries not to draw too much attention].
Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #50
Lady Christine

If you want to talk to me, I'm not a traditional goth but I've been accepted by people in my area as a goth so to speak. I'm not sure if that's what your looking for.

AIM - Little Ms Lottie
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote