Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #76
Alan

I'm sorry, but allow me to remind you I simply said "I remember why I don't like SoD" to which you went in a Maury-style bitch fit saying shit like "whatevs! y'all don't know me!"
I really don't give a shit about you. I just don't consider this to be overblown simply because I'm good at arguing my factual point. It's your little camp, for lack of a better term, who can do nothing but pitifully insult the others and paradoxically shout out about the insignificance of the thing they're shouting about. Most other people can read this for what it's worth. Jack gets it. Joker gets it. Cicero gets it. People that aren't arguing my point. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to stop being so fucking whiny; that's you. But don't try and pretend this is more than it is.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #77
CarrionCorpse

haha.
Watev's, Ya'll don't know me!
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #78
Stormtrooper of Death

Lol. Funny stuff!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #79
gothicusmaximus

I assume people who wear bullet belts to be slovenly ignoramuses, and I think that's okay. After all, when I see a Triscut, do I not assume that it will be delicious? My experience with people who wear bullet belts is similar to my experience with Triscuts, albeit with 'a slovenly ignoramus' in place of 'delicious'. Surely no one means to allege that this deductive faculty, upon which Nabisco founded a snack empire, is a faulty one.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #80
Quantumbleaper

Its fashion at its core. And wether it be a reflection of some other aspect or not, its still just fashion and looks cool. Painting silver stripes on a black belt for instance, would look like shit, like your just half assing it. Same reason noone buys the belts with pyramid studs PRINTED on them, cause its fake and looks cheesy as shit. This whole point of finding deeper meaning is really judgemental as well. Thats the kind of thoughts people have who go WITH the crowd. Catch my drift? The fake fucks and all that. Preps, jocks, cock sucking flip flop wearing whores? All that. Let people do what they do, do what you wanna do, but dont demmen someone else for their personal asthetic choices.
Quantumbleaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #81
CarrionCorpse

You still need to send me that paper on hating flip-flops QB
Old 02-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #82
ciciwang

I want to buy a ring for my boyfriend, I find many special style in this netpage: www.dhgate.com/wholesale+jewelry.html , but what is the best wonderful ring? Anyone could give me any suggestions?
ciciwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #83
Quantumbleaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
You still need to send me that paper on hating flip-flops QB
Shit I know. I'll need to remember it the next time I come over. Along with your clothes. I hope I still have it too. That would suck if I lost that masterpeice. : O
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #84
FlowerGirl

Any good online clothes sites?
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #85
Quantumbleaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirl View Post
Any good online clothes sites?
hmmm. ebay is worth a try. look hard enough and you can find it on there.
some others...
angryyoungandpoor.com
findcoolclothes.com or net. look up slash n' burn if nothing else
fuckthemainstream.com expensive but some good stuff
i use to know alot more. google is always worth a try too. type in what you want in image search, and some stuff should pop up
Old 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #86
FlowerGirl

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumbleaper View Post
hmmm. ebay is worth a try. look hard enough and you can find it on there.
some others...
angryyoungandpoor.com
findcoolclothes.com or net. look up slash n' burn if nothing else
fuckthemainstream.com expensive but some good stuff
i use to know alot more. google is always worth a try too. type in what you want in image search, and some stuff should pop up
Thanks, i found that really helpful. I came across another cool site whilst browsing the net. www.velvetgarden.net - it mainly sells female clothes but the designs are decent!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #87
CarrionCorpse

seriously, just type in gothic clothes in google and some good sites come up.
So lame, but you get some nice clothes.hah.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #88
FlowerGirl

Quote:
seriously, just type in gothic clothes in google and some good sites come up.
So lame, but you get some nice clothes.hah.
Thanks, I did : )
Old 02-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #89
Stormtrooper of Death

Looks like the arguments on this thread seem to be over. Looks like we won. Yay.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #90
Alan

See why I don't like you? You fucking believe you only have to cry long enough for your stupidity to be validated.

You haven't said shit to defend your point, so shut the fuck up.
real classy
Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #91
Mariner

...I can't believe I wasted my time reading this. It did at least make me laugh.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #92
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
See why I don't like you? You fucking believe you only have to cry long enough for your stupidity to be validated.

You haven't said shit to defend your point, so shut the fuck up.
I really don't care what you think anymore dude. I've got bigger fish to fry now, and I realize that now. So, piss off.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #93
Alan

Then why did you care about 'winning' somethign that wasn't a competition? We didn't care, but you brought me back here with your childish mentality.
Someone needs to take away your useless vinyls. Teach you to not be such a whiny kid.
real classy
Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #94
Stormtrooper of Death

How is this all my fault now? Some idiot necroed a thread that was long dead and caused this whole thing. What is this "we" shit now? got a hampster in your pocket or something?

I'm not a kid either. I'm a 19 year old man who works his ass off for everything I have, kids don't, I do.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #95
Joker_in_the_Pack

I'm not jumping on SoD for this. I am a pacifist and I do wear a bullet belt. I understand I'm perceived as a hypocrite by some. I also remind them that Crass are the ones who said, "The nature of your oppression is the aesthetic of our anger." I'm sure I could discuss that point with Alan or Gothicus or JCC or anyone for hours, but we would be debating a point that so many people seem to be missing in this thread.

Unless you wear sweat pants and running shoes, you have to understand that FASHION is ART, and ART expresses. It expresses emotions, thoughts, beliefs, etc. So no matter what you dress like, your aesthetic reflects an idea. It may not be conscious, but it's an expression.

Now we can debate what artistic expressions make good points, and which ones don't. But don't sit here saying it's just fashion, not just fashion. You're expressing something, even if you are expressing you're a total tool.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #96
KontanKarite

SoD chose to wear a bullet belt. He caused a few people to get irritated. It was worth it if his decision in fact pulled some people out of their tranquil state into a more agitated one, even if it was mild. Fact of the matter is, his decision affected a few people, even on a minuscule level.

I like them. I think they look pretty cool. But they're too heavy to wear for a long time and really, they're never cool looking enough to suffer with day to day or through my activities.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #97
Quantumbleaper

KontanKartie, I like you cause you look like Mr.Way. lol. sorry, just puttin that out there.

and Alan, stop being such a fuck and leave the situation alone. your a pompuss douche who feeds on argument because you have no real opinions about anything, only playing the anti for any stance. go eat a dick you high society bag of bloated ego shit.

bullet belts kick ass. ^_^
Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #98
CarrionCorpse

Fuck.
I love you guys.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #99
Quantumbleaper

Quote:
Fuck.
I love you guys.
: D you too.
and I hate Alan.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #100
KontanKarite

Nah, you guys shouldn't misunderstand me. A lot of what Alan was saying I generally agree with or at least respect.

I'm just more miffed about those that don't realize the truth as to why they do something, even if it's as simple as wearing a belt of spent bullets. Wear it cause you fucking like it, wear it because it pisses people like Alan off, wear it as a political statement. Just always be honest with how you express yourself. Wearing a bullet belt for punk cred is indeed kinda lame but still a decent enough excuse to wear one, even though it may not be an excuse that I would be attracted to or fully respect.

Fashion is art. I agree. But I generally don't give much credence to those that are punk to the 9s or goth to the 9s. At least the punk variants are slightly more DIY. It's also a way of hiding the human in you. People are just people, but when someone sees you says, "There's a punk!", you might be doing something a bit wrong because they don't see YOU.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote