Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
ape descendant

Cool Woman crashes car due to vampire sighting....

OMFG... Ok here's the link.

http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/h.../97293489.html

This chick backs her car into a canal because she thought she saw a vampire... *facepalm*.

I would love to know what she actually saw though...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Solumina

Okay I can get when people say that they saw a ghost but when you say that you saw a vampire what exactly are you talking about? I mean they more or less look like normal people, just a bit pale, so what made her think it was a vampire and not just some person?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
ape descendant

I don't know... I really just don't know... but this story has had me ROFLing all day long!!!

Be Kind
Old 06-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Hmm well maybe she saw somthing soo blindingly shiney that she thought was a twilight vampire.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
HavelockV

Clearly it was me that she glimpsed! The misidentification is quite understandable.

Perhaps I should dispense with wearing my cape in the summer.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Saya

Maybe she saw Nosferatu! If I saw him walking down the street, I'd loose my shit.

Or Hakan from Let The Right One In. That part of the book gave me nightmares.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavelockV View Post
Clearly it was me that she glimpsed! The misidentification is quite understandable.

Perhaps I should dispense with wearing my cape in the summer.
I know!! My first thought was.. hey, I stayed home Sunday!!

Be Kind
Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
ape descendant

As I am familiar with the area.. the thing that really makes me wonder.. is the fact that this happened out on a dirt road, out in the desert.. no place for a self-respecting vampire..

Be Kind
Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
Odineye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
As I am familiar with the area.. the thing that really makes me wonder.. is the fact that this happened out on a dirt road, out in the desert.. no place for a self-respecting vampire..
Why not? First lets go to the incendent breakdown

Woman reversed into a ditch because of seeing what she thought was a vampire.

The woman was sober and presumably sane.

What would make her think "Vampire"
of all things her mind could bring out i.e. ghost, zombie, ax murder, etc.

There are three factors here
Media focus on Vampires recently
Her personal opinion on vampires
The apearance of the creature

With all that said there is one thing you must consider. She stopped her car and the put it in reverse instead of driving past.

She obviously saw something that was not imediately distressing because she stopped her vehical. Maybe even leaving it to investigate. Then it turned into a threating image causeing her to place it into reverse and drive quickly without much focus on the vehical's direction.

Maybe for instance she sees a couple out in the middle of nowhere and then discoves to 'vampire' feeding off a victim. Tramatic enough for an unsteeled person to behave irrationally.

The police reported on evidence of a vampire. Why would they. It would cause hystaria. But I assume the cops found "no evidence". No blood for the vampire and no signs of a struggle. If it were a vampire they may have been as frightened as her and fled as well. IT would explain thier location in BFE.

All in all from my expert opinion I would list this a probable while possibly influanced by media.
Odineye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #10
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odineye View Post

With all that said there is one thing you must consider. She stopped her car and the put it in reverse instead of driving past.

She obviously saw something that was not imediately distressing because she stopped her vehical. Maybe even leaving it to investigate. Then it turned into a threating image causeing her to place it into reverse and drive quickly without much focus on the vehical's direction.

Maybe for instance she sees a couple out in the middle of nowhere and then discoves to 'vampire' feeding off a victim. Tramatic enough for an unsteeled person to behave irrationally.

The police reported on evidence of a vampire. Why would they. It would cause hystaria. But I assume the cops found "no evidence". No blood for the vampire and no signs of a struggle. If it were a vampire they may have been as frightened as her and fled as well. IT would explain thier location in BFE.

All in all from my expert opinion I would list this a probable while possibly influanced by media.
...you believe in the idea of the mythical vampyre?...

Be Kind
Old 06-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
Odineye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
...you believe in the idea of the mythical vampyre?...
No the practical
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
Still Jack

I bet the people that towed her car out of the canal were pissed off.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #13
HavelockV

I imagine they did not care one way or another how her vehicle ended up in the water so long as they were paid for their efforts to recover it.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
CptSternn

Yeah, like she saw a vampire, running around in the dark wearing a cape and shite. I mean, it doesn't matte if one believes vampires exist or not, what matters is do you really think they run around looking like stereotypes from a 1950's film?

More likely she saw a couple of manson fans getting high in the woods.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #15
Odineye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Yeah, like she saw a vampire, running around in the dark wearing a cape and shite. I mean, it doesn't matte if one believes vampires exist or not, what matters is do you really think they run around looking like stereotypes from a 1950's film?

More likely she saw a couple of manson fans getting high in the woods.
lol what are you smoking? What makes you think they had a cape. Superman had a cape, is he a vampire. Batman seems like a good canidate too honestly. If she saw a couple manson fans getting high, why was she so scared? They obviously wern't stabbing each other or anything too violent to the cops would have found evidence of some kind.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #16
Lady Sorrow

... you know vampires can mesmorize their victims right?
Lady Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #17
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

And the ponce of the day award goes to: Odineye for this total bullshit.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #18
Ben Lahnger

I bet she's a Twilight fan and thought it would sound better to tell police that she saw a vampire than to admit she was text messaging while driving.

Typing - SQUEE! I can't wait for the next Twilight movie to *CRASH*

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
Odineye

OMG OMG OMG! THank you Joker. I would like to thank god, my parents my dog and all the little people out there! Thank you! You like me, you REALLY like me!

Okay here's the real deal. You see some kind of logical flaw in what I wrote. Show it to me. I find it offenceive that this is being taken as so absurd. So I have a huge question here for everyone:

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A VAMPIRE?!

No? Then you can't disprove them. Which means there is valid grounds for my hypothoses. So if you don't have anything smart to say then try to breath water till you do.

okay
Ben, she put the car in reverse. I don't go driving off in BFE and suddenly go in reverse while texting.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
Solumina

No but people do shift gears and some people find ways to fail miserably at just about everything. I was in my friend's car and she hit the shifter by accident and put the car in neutral, when she was putting it back in drive she shifted the wrong way and put it in reverse, and that was an automatic. I can't imagine what would happen if she ever tried to drive a manual.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #21
Odineye

Valid point Sol. But did you wildly accelerate when you did? If it were just that I don't think she would have wound up in the ditch.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
Alan

Quote:
You see some kind of logical flaw in what I wrote. Show it to me.
I'll show it to you

Quote:
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A VAMPIRE?!

No? Then you can't disprove them. Which means there is valid grounds for my hypothoses.
No it doesn't.
THAT'S NOT HOW LOGIC WORKS YOU STUPID CUNT!

Hell, let's keep using your stupid post. If you're so confident you're being logical, then do us a favor and follow your own advice:
'try to breath water.'
HAVE YOU EVER DROWNED FROM BREATHING WATER?!
No? 'Then you can't disprove it.' So go ahead and go breathe water until you realize how fucking stupid it is to believe 'there is valid grounds for my hypothoses.' [sic]

okay
Ben, she put the car in reverse. I don't go driving off in BFE and suddenly go in reverse while texting.[/quote]
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #23
Odineye

Oh Alan. You tickle me. You don't drown from breathing water. You die from lack of oxgen. When you die from lack of oxgen under water they call it drowning. You so silly. Besides, fish can "breath" water. Technically people breath water. That's the 'fog' you see on cold days. Water vapor. Science.

Oh yes. Someone once said that: "No proof of exsistance is not proof of non-exsistance."
Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #24
ape descendant

Quote:
Oh Alan. You tickle me. You don't drown from breathing water. You die from lack of oxgen. When you die from lack of oxgen under water they call it drowning. You so silly. Besides, fish can "breath" water. Technically people breath water. That's the 'fog' you see on cold days. Water vapor. Science.

Oh yes. Someone once said that: "No proof of exsistance is not proof of non-exsistance."
Yeah, and that person was a retard.

The burden of proof, lies with the person making a positive claim... if you claim that vampires are real, and expect others to believe you, then you damn well better have actual proof, instead of weak stories, a collection of mythology and crappy logic.

There is no good reason to believe in something that isn't provably real. IMO

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 06-29-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: hangover
Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #25
Odineye

1: Never made a positive claim. Just a plausable one. I DO find it concievable that the lady is sane, honest and competent.

2: Provably real. Wow. A good portion of the world is still only plausable. No proof we came from apes. No proof god crated anything. Cell theory, Atomic Theory, Circut Theory, Number theory, Theory of relativity, quantum field theory, Pathagorean theory. All are aplied and used often but they are still only the most aplicable. This doesn't make them fact. They go on the best evidence.
The theories before them worked the same way. So will the theories after them.
None of them were proven from the start. Someone had to think them up and spend a lot of time testing them.

I never said anything to the effect of the woman actually encountered a vampire and now me and my coven can rejoice and have a blood orgy on a pile of dracula books while we watch Nosferatu. I just said that I found it plausable. So I feel no obligation of proof. That is that woman's responsability. She isn't here to defend her claim so we all sat around and discussed it idlely. I presented my take on it. Aparently that doesn't coinside with the views of the majority here.

Instead of real discusion many took the easy way out and just cast ridicule. I have always been of the believe that it is more logical to disbelieve everything and try to prove it than believe anything and try to disprove conflicts.

I find it sad that in the information age, information is most taken for granted and so much is dicarded. I the history of man people were taken into the street and killed for some of the things we learn in highschool now a days. And people don't seem to care. I'm not sure if it is because of ignorance, apathy or complacentcy. Mankind still knows very little about anything going on around us. We understand less. We have only recently came to a position of comfort and we have begun to black the realms of possiblity out.