Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #301
grimreaper993

Meh, when I was in high school (Currently in marines) The school wouldnt let me have a mohawk,eyeliner or anything. They would take away my edgar Allan poe books. And it all happened because a silly fucknut parent said I was in a Satanic cult.
grimreaper993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #302
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper993
Meh, when I was in high school (Currently in marines) The school wouldnt let me have a mohawk,eyeliner or anything. They would take away my edgar Allan poe books. And it all happened because a silly fucknut parent said I was in a Satanic cult.
Just how in the Hell are you THIRTEEN Years Old and in the Marines?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #303
grimreaper993

What the hell? What are you talking about?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #304
Empty_Purple_Stars

Well, it's pretty simple.

Your DATE OF BIRTH says; 1993

This is 2006

Which would make you THIRTEEN.

Last I heard, you had to be at least EIGHTEEN to enlist in the Marines.

Hence our question.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #305
Empty_Purple_Stars

And since you decided to CHANGE the birthdate just now, we have a screenshot of your profile before you decided to be slick and change it.

Xnguela?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #306
grimreaper993

Huh, it should say 19. Oh well. Simple mistake whether you believe me or not.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #307
Empty_Purple_Stars

Nineteen huh?

Funny, it said 1993 a few minutes ago and now it says 1987.

I don't see how you could accidentally knock six years off your age.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #308
grimreaper993

I don't like to argue so, whatever you say. You can believe what you want for all the fuck I care.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #309
grimreaper993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Nineteen huh?

Funny, it said 1993 a few minutes ago and now it says 1987.
Because I changed it to the correct year.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #310
grimreaper993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
How do you mistype from 1993 to 1987?
Hell do I know.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #311
Prof_Moriarty

Quote:
How do you mistype from 1993 to 1987?
Well, 9 is next to the 8, and 3 is... um... almost half of 7?

Most Marines I know act like 13 year olds, anyhow. =)
Prof_Moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #312
grimreaper993

Yeah, I suck. Everyone says that. And might as well come clean before I getting more friggin trouble. Yes, im 13, no im not in the Mairnes. (Would Like to be though). Im a liar. A liar who's life is worth nothing in reality.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #313
grimreaper993

1. Because I'm usually not accepted by ANYONE unless I lie about who I am. I learned that in 1st grade when I was the kid who would sit alone in the corner.
2.Im usually a better liar but I was sleepy so I coulnd't really check all the stuff.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #314
grimreaper993

I'm not asking for your pity. I'm just answering your question. I already go to a psychiatrist though. Doesn't seem to help at all.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #315
maggot

Did you really not have any friends till you were 19?
*Mourns for Xng's 18 dead years*
Old 03-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #316
Jane13

Andy Dick did the greatest skit EVAR about Che Guvare shirsts... He was in one of those screamy mainstream bands that thinks they're curing cancer called "System for THe Revolution (and such)".

Andy, who is wearing a Che shirt and has the following conversation with a semi-intelligent basist.

Andy: Look at this guy! *indicates shirt* Do you think HE was whistling a happy lil' Dixie tune? HELL NO!! He's PISSED OFF, LIKE ME! Who is this guy?! .... No, seriously, this shirt was a gift, who is this?

Basist: Dude... that's Che Guavare...

Andy: ..... who?

Basis: HE was a South American revolutionary.

Andy: REVOLUTIONARY? Well, good! He should join my band!

WoW! A lot happened while I was typing >.>
Well, X has friends now, AND a non-biological sister who loves her ^^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #317
Circle V

Gah! First he goes around mentioning the Marines in every post...
Quote:
What do you do? :I build model kits and play lead guitar in my band. im also in the Marines.
Quote:
Meh, when I was in high school (Currently in marines) The school wouldnt let me have a mohawk,eyeliner or anything.
...to talking about how he's a liar and that we should learn to deal with it. He even put it under his fucking username.

Reaper, stop whining. You've obviously already stopped trying to actually solve your problems rather than moaning about them. Don't lie about who you are-- it only subtracts from your already limited appeal. If you want people to like you, throw money at them, or try to improve yourself somehow.

Either way, leave, you feculent maggot.

(I love that word!)

Ahem. Back on topic... look, a flying thing!

*Runs away*
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #318
Empty_Purple_Stars

Rob?

Do I need to remind you that there is a thread with your name on it, in Whining full of Promises from YOU to be LESS Belligerant & Rude to the members of this Forum?

Sigh.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #319
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Yeah, I suck. Everyone says that. And might as well come clean before I getting more friggin trouble. Yes, im 13, no im not in the Mairnes. (Would Like to be though). Im a liar. A liar who's life is worth nothing in reality.
Lying about being a Soldier is a pretty crappy thing to lie about.

These Men & Women are giving their lives daily in Service of this Country.

Don't disrespect that please?

And don't disrespect yourself like that either.

You are forming habits now that will stay with you the rest of your life.

Don't make Compulsive Lying one of them..

It's not Real, and it will only cause you MORE Loneliness & Isolation..

Think about it.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:25 AM   #320
edible_eye

Quote:

get your shit together, boy.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #321
Panic

I'll probably get a bit of backtalk from the high school aged kids here, but I really think uniforms in schools are the best way to go. As one of my friends put it, "uniforms even out the playing field; you can be a beautiful and unique butterfly when you're in college." You can also dress however you like at home, or on your own free time.

I know this is a difficult concept for some kids, but your clothes are NOT you. (hehe, "you are not your khakis") you are not your eyeliner, you are not your platform boots. Although it's certainly fun to dress how you want, and it communicates to others some basic things about you: what music you probably listen to, what type of personality you have...it's still not quite the tragedy that you make it out to be, if you're not allowed to wear it in school.

And this is coming from a 20 year old. It's not like I've forgotten how much high school sucked, yet.
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:48 AM   #322
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
I disagree slightly... My mother went to a school where there were uniforms and she told me that kids in uniforms (even with strict hair color/makeup/jewelry rules) still manage to make it apparent which group of friends they belong to. I mean, look at the movie The Princess Diaries. You could tell that Mia and her friend Lily were less popular than the Anna, Lana, and Fontana, even with the uniform thing.

I think that it's not quite effective as you think it is.
I agree with you Xng. Since I have to wear a uniform to school, I've noticed that there are minor details that differenciate students. For instance, popular kids have short skirts that barely cover their legs; oppositely, "geeks" or 'nerds" have knee- lengthed skirts or even taller and they tuck their shirts under them... I'll post some pics of my school, if you want, to prove it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #323
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
I mean, look at the movie The Princess Diaries. You could tell that Mia and her friend Lily were less popular than the Anna, Lana, and Fontana, even with the uniform thing.
I don't know how accurate or useful it is to reference a hollywood movie in this case.

I agree with Xnguela and with Panic. On one hand the uniform does minimize the fashion battle that can occur in schools. But as an ex-attendee of a school where we were required to wear a uniform, I can say that it only minimizes the effect. As Xnguela and Queenofdarkness57 said, there are ways to twist and manipulate your uniform to express your "individuality", or perhaps "allegiance" would be the more appropriate phrase.

We had a very, very strict code that included what we wore on the way to and from school, and it was enforced mercilessly. One of the teachers took it upon herself to ensure we wore the correct coat, and would sit at the doorway and try and catch people. She would even hound kids who weren't wearing a coat, accusing them of hiding their "contraband" apparel in their bags.

But still the kids managed to make their different allegiances apparent.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #324
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I find that, even now, in college, kids wear a "uniform" of sorts. It's not enforced, but people that run in similar circles tend to dress in similar fashions. For example, the students who fancy themselves to be more "urban" will all wear a sports jersey, colorful shorts, a baseball cap, and flashy name brand sneakers. Not an IDENTICAL dress, but all pulled from the same "urban" template. The same can be said for "preps" and "goths" and "nerds". You can go on listing social groups ad infinitum, and it holds true. Even the "scenesters", who will profess to the ends of the Earth their originality, all adhere to a code of style. I'm sure that, although I'm truly loathe to admit it, if I look were to look hard enough I'd be able to find some style cliche that I resemble. We can't escape it! Uniforms are EVERYWHERE!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #325
angel011

But Pinstripes, you're talking about styles, not really uniforms.

As for schools and uniforms, in one of my schools, they tried to make us wear uniforms. I was 8 or 9 at the time. I refused to wear it, and so did some other kids. The teachers tried to make us, but gave up after a while.