Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #8326
Miss Absynthe

^^ Fuck yes.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #8327
Solumina

My friend Mae offered me a job as a nanny, this is the same friend who wanted me to be her nanny before but went with someone else at the least minute. Well this time she begged me to be her nanny because her current nanny doesn't do nights or weekends and Travis (Mae's husband) is getting fleeted (totes his fault) which means he is getting sent to San Diego and will no longer be able to watch the kid when Mae is scheduled to work night and weekend shifts, which she has to do all of the time, like at least one day every weekend, sometimes both. I would hate to give up my weekends but I could use some income and I'd love to help them out. She offered me $480, the same that she is currently paying. I thought it was fair, less than one would normally charge if they had to work weekends but she will be picking me up/dropping me off, it's for a friend, I could do my laundry there, and I know Logan is a great kid. We met up for lunch today and talked out all of the details and told her that it all sounded good but I wanted to talk to Jake about it, which was kind of a lie, I mean I did but mostly I wanted to talk to her current nanny Jodi.

Mae knows that Jake knows Jodi's husband, she is not aware that Jodi and I are friends. Things went all weird before and Mae said a couple of things that raised little flags so I really wanted to get the scoop from Jodi to find out if Mae is just a little scatterbrained or if she is really problematic. Well as it turns out it is the latter. She and Travis have a habit of not treating it like a professional agreement, they are regularly late with payment, frequently expect her to extend her hours to accommodate them with little to no notice (Jodi runs a daycare out of her home so there is a set open and closing time), and that Logan cannot be left alone like at all, he seems to have some serious separation anxiety, as long as you are within eyesight he is fine but if you leave, just go around a corner he will throw a fit, at nap time you have to wait for him to go to sleep, it isn't a big deal for Jodi as he is always with the other kids but yeah that would be a pain in the ass. I also found out that that reasonable $480 is not $480 a week, it's $480 a month. To work at least 40 hours a week. That's less than $3 an hour. No nanny will work for $3 an hour and no daycare will accommodate her schedule, there is no way she doesn't know that. I guess she just thought I would do it as a friend but as a friend I know their spending habits, they can afford to pay a decent wage.

Fuck that shit.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #8328
Fruitbat

Thought I was over it, but I wasn't. Shhhiiittt!

Be positive. Move forward. Let it go. So easy to say, to type, so hard to do.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #8329
Acharis

Spam everywhere >.< I can't see anything but spam

Knock rocks on underground structures if you can hear me, show me where to dig!
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #8330
Catch

I know. The whole first page is just spam.

Anyway, though making my day also, I am really pissed off about something. I was watching this guy on another website and this guy would not stop harassing him with all this weird stuff. The person being harassed kept saying they are not interested, yet they kept doing it.

I sang a cute song about it. Not sure how the timeline matches up, yet someone posted this on another website.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...62176258_n.jpg

It is a cute photo about getting old and scaring people.

I hope it did.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #8331
Versus

I was talking with Saya about how the director of the FBI sent a letter to N.W.A.'s studio and it made their music really accessible and mainstream because people knew it was something that they weren't supposed to have and that made them want it more. Exhibit A: Fuck tha Police.

But before I could present exhibit A, I noticed that there was a cover of it. I didn't know there were covers! Awesome, right? And then I listened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.W.A.
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE
comin' straight from the underground
Motherfucker got it bad 'cause I'm loud
I'm not a carbon copy, so police think
And it continues throughout. They take a famous song about racial inequality in the justice system and made it about being picked on for dressing like a jackass.

Awesome.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #8332
Fruitbat

So anyway, controlled one part of my life, to have Mr Bat come down with a chest infection. Not a big deal, except when you're immune system is suppressed.

Goes to get his 3mthly bloods taken - yeah he's stage 4 renal failure. (hoping it's just the cold that's got him from stage 3b to stage 4 and he'll bounce back) now it's affecting his other organs. Wouldn't be so scary but he spent the first 17 years of his life in this stage, his heart is already enlarged.

Hoping his cranky kidney sorts itself out. All the above I can deal with, but having issues dealing with people who consider themselves potential donors writing to ask when the procedure is going to be scheduled because next year is really busy for them. Plus in their view, we shouldn't be travelling around Australia, we should be squirrelling away money for when the operation does come (3-5 years).

Guess they really don't want us to enjoy what little time we have left as a (relatively) healthy and fit family.

It's our decision. I've always been independent and I'll do whatever it takes to make this once in a lifetime holiday happen. I want babybat to know his real dad, not the harried, stressed dude that comes home from work, but the one that takes him to parks and buys him icecreams on the side.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #8333
Acharis

I'm so sorry Fruitbat! I hope you guys enjoy this trip.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #8334
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I was talking with Saya about how the director of the FBI sent a letter to N.W.A.'s studio and it made their music really accessible and mainstream because people knew it was something that they weren't supposed to have and that made them want it more. Exhibit A: Fuck tha Police.

But before I could present exhibit A, I noticed that there was a cover of it. I didn't know there were covers! Awesome, right? And then I listened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.W.A.
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE
comin' straight from the underground
Motherfucker got it bad 'cause I'm loud
I'm not a carbon copy, so police think

And it continues throughout. They take a famous song about racial inequality in the justice system and made it about being picked on for dressing like a jackass.

Awesome.
Considering it's a bunch of dudes in dreadlocks who can butcher even an 80's remake of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" I'm not surprised. Normally I don't rely on Amazon reviews, but I think this guy summed up their sound pretty well.

Quote:
Dear Lord, My IQ must have dropped at least 10 points for listening to this album. The good news however is that judging from the lyrics on this album my IQ would still be at least 100 points higher than Edsels.
http://www.amazon.com/American-Apath...owViewpoints=0

But yeah, adding that "Parental Advisory" sticker did nothing but make a lot of groups popular back then. Even in high school I still picked groups that had that sticker on the label, simply because I felt like I was breaking the rules listening to it. Funny thing was, my parents never gave a shit about that and would laugh about it.

And fuck those naysayers Fruity, your family deserves healthy time together.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #8335
Alan

Jesus Fuck, I was much better not knowing of the existence of Dope.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #8336
BourbonBoy

So I've been struck with some kind of ware that despises Firefox and won't let me reload it. Good thing I saved all of my short cuts to IE. Now to see if I can tolerate Chrome until I can figure out wtf's wrong with my laptop.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #8337
Saya

Have you tried running Malware Bytes?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #8338
BourbonBoy

Yeah. Ran my malwarebytes, Spybot system and anti-virus. My anti-virus found something while the other two came up with nothing, but I'm restricted from accessing them at the moment. Whatever's infected my system is very tough to get rid of and I can't even properly install other programs. Kinda glad I have my desktop for other purposes though.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #8339
Acharis

Crap. I hope you get it fixed BB. This cleaning guide isn't bad http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...d-computer.htm
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #8340
BourbonBoy

Thanks Acharis, running those programs right now and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #8341
Solumina

Shark Week is proving to be a major disappointment. It's basically all "what if Megaladon still exists?" or shark attack stuff. What happened to you Discovery? You used to be cool.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #8342
Saya

I keep forgetting shark week is more than just a euphemism for menstruation.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #8343
Lilyth Von Gore

I have to rant about the God damn benefits system in this country.
Apparently, if you're only suffering from severe P.T.S.D and acute Clinical Depression, then you're still able to work, despite being deemed "mentally unstable" to work.
Wait what?
God damn ATOS. You suck. Big time.
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #8344
BourbonBoy

Goddamn local 40C weather, thanks for reminding me of Tikrit. Ugh
Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #8345
Catch

So I moved and there are people hanging out outside my house. Luckily the neighbor knows, "She's not friendly."

I don't know what to make of it. help.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #8346
ape descendant

Been getting out and making more friends. Forgot about all the stupid shitty drama that comes up, it's been wearing me out like nobody's business. I just hope my head doesn't explode. Need to spend some quality time with a fuzzy blanket and a good book.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #8347
Acharis

[[hugs Ape]]
Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #8348
Solumina

My friend Wil has a detached retina. He's at Hopkins, if anyone can help him they can, but he has a 50/50 chance of losing sight in that eye
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #8349
Saya

I had a panic attack during a fight with my sister today. I can't even talk about money or my job hunt without feeling incredibly anxious anymore :/
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #8350
Acharis

Small steps Saya.

Can you go to the GP and see about medication to use when you absolutely must do something? (Short term only obv.) Or they could supply referrals to services that can provide a living allowance/support you in your job search.