Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Saya

Steam

Good deals? Wishlists? Anyone want to trade?

Recettetear is a deal of the day for 4.99, and it was on my wishlist. Basically you own an item shop in a JRPG and you have to keep stock and haggle and supply adventurers so they can go find more items for you. Basically its a retail game and you'd think I'd be sick of it in two minutes since I gotta deal with cheapass customers all day.

But its now two hours later and I can't stop D: Soooo I ended up buying it after the demo ended. And the demo is pretty long, which was great of them to do.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
Miss Absynthe

I don't really play a lot of games, but I'm rather addicted to the Portal games and to Torchlight.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
AshleyO

MA, you need to get TL2.

Right now, I'm having a kind of love affair with Mirror's Edge... again.

You get used to the controls and god damn.... that game is AS FUN as Portal. I'm so glad it's getting a reboot. I LOVE Faith. There should be more games with more female protagonists as the lead characters.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Saya

Steam summer sale is on! Sad that Bloodlines isn't on sale. I think I'll get some Nancy Drew games and Mirror's Edge on pay day.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Saya

Dammit, Mirror's Edge is on flash sale for 5.99 but now looking at it I don't think it'll run well, if at all on my computer.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
AshleyO

OMG. Put it on the lowest resolution you can possibly put it. Hell... I dunno what kinda PC you got. :-/ Sucks to hear that it might not work.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
Saya

Its been noticably worse since I switched to Windows 8 but I think it could be problems with overheating. Even games that ran smoothly before like Dragon Age lags and sometimes freezes, hell I'm playing a Nancy Drew game right now that freezes now and then.

Maybe by Christmas sales I'll have something better
Old 07-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
MissCheyenne

I have a copy of Don't Starve to give as a gift if anyone wants it? Steam name is misscheyenne if anyone's interested in it . First come first served

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
Saya

Is it any fun? And I just added you! I'm cloudwater87 if anyone wants to add me.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
MissCheyenne

I think it's fun, it's like a little wilderness survival game and it looks pretty as well

I am your slice of pie
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
MissCheyenne

I also have a gift copy of portal if anyone wants that? Again first come first served

I am your slice of pie
Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Sure I could go for a copy of portal.. I'll add you

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
MissCheyenne

Are you Imperial Topaz Ren? If so, I'll gift you the copy of portal

I am your slice of pie
Old 07-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
Renatus

Indeed I am.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
MissCheyenne

DONE!! Still got Don't Starve going spare though

I am your slice of pie
Old 07-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
Renatus

Oh and Saya, don't buy it, pirate it, none of the money goes to the devs but rather to the publisher who is responsible for the dev company going bankrupt. By paying for it I feel it encourages publishers to push their dev companies as hard as they want because they know that even if the dev company fails, if they push hard enough to get a game out of it, they end up with 100% of the profits for themselves.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
Renatus

Holy cripes, Deus Ex for $3!!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
AshleyO

I bought it for 3 dollars. I'm actually tweaking and playing GTA4 right now though. Icenhancer and City Cars mod for the win! I would recommend Iron Man 4 mod, but it seems to make my game act weird for some reason.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #19
Saya

I got 15 dollars on Steam and I am completely overwhelmed by choice, especially with the holiday special.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #20
AshleyO

Trine 2 I guess. I got it, but haven't got around to playing it yet.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #21
Murder.Of.Crows

I got it for the wii U. It's pretty and there definitely is something special there. But, for some reason, I find it really boring. Maybe it's just too expected, or cliche. None the less. It's hard to complete the game without turning it to something else.