Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
Saya

Just like lots and lots and lots of white people who kill black people and get away with it, and all the white people who sanction them and acquit them.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #27
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Just like lots and lots and lots of white people who kill black people and get away with it, and all the white people who sanction them and acquit them.
Every white juror who has acquitted, which they are required to do if there is reasonable doubt, any white person in a court for the death of a black person is a racist.

You are ridiculous.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #28
Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
He was specifically told to stop following, he was not given a legal issue to stop following as 911 operators do not have that authority but he was advised to go back to his vehicle and to let the police handle it, but that is not what he did. If he had stopped following how would he have shot Trayvon?
"We don't need you to do that." That's what he was told. That's not specific at all. Yet, he still stopped following.

And Martin attacked Zimmerman. I thought that was universally accepted despite who was at fault. Which, in this case, I believe is both.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
Saya

There was not a whole lot of reasonable doubt here. You can kill someone accidentally with your car and get manslaughter. You can not wash your hands and get someone sick and get charged with manslaughter if they die from eating your food. You can build a house and have it collapse years later killing those inside and get manslaughter. But apparently it was Trayvon's fault he was dead. That's what they're saying, Zimmerman was not at all at fault nor caused accidentally the death of Trayvon Martin.

Also, white people who kill black people are 250 times more likely to be acquitted and be found to be justified:http://io9.com/disturbing-chart-show...s-of-773490798

You're ridiculous if you want to commandeer the death of a black boy to make it all about you and your colourblindness. You can't even allow black people to grieve for the mass injustice that is served to them.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
Versus

With the most antagonistic part of this thread blocked, I suspected that it would be okay to read before bed.

Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
Jonathan

Quote:
There was not a whole lot of reasonable doubt here. You can kill someone accidentally with your car and get manslaughter. You can not wash your hands and get someone sick and get charged with manslaughter if they die from eating your food. You can build a house and have it collapse years later killing those inside and get manslaughter. But apparently it was Trayvon's fault he was dead. That's what they're saying, Zimmerman was not at all at fault nor caused accidentally the death of Trayvon Martin.

Also, white people who kill black people are 250 times more likely to be acquitted and be found to be justified:http://io9.com/disturbing-chart-show...s-of-773490798

You're ridiculous if you want to commandeer the death of a black boy to make it all about you and your colourblindness. You can't even allow black people to grieve for the mass injustice that is served to them.
Last paragraph first, where do you even get this? I'm not commandeering anything, I'm not preventing people from grieving, and it's got nothing to do with my colourblindness (which for some reason you have a problem with? wtf.). I'm not making anything about me, is that another canned response that happens when your string is pulled?

Even if Trayvon had clearly been caught on film punching Zimmerman unprovoked in the face, that would make him an aggressor but it would not be a justification for Zimmerman to draw and fire upon him. That has nothing to do with race. It wasn't Trayvon's fault that he was killed, it was Zimmerman's and it was wrong for the jury to acquit him. Just not for the reasons you seem to be fixated upon.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
ape descendant

Of course not, there's nothing racist about assuming some random kid is a burglar just because he's black, noooo, that's not racist at aaaall.

/end scathing sarcasm

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #33
BourbonBoy

Again, what makes me most nervous about this, living in a "stand your ground" state, is the fact I could be shot and killed because I could be perceived as a threat even if I mind my own fucking business.

Zimmerman admitted he killed Martin from the get go. He hid his passive aggressive racism (something that's very common in the "progressive" cities of the South) while going through his confession and the prosecution had the huge difficulty of proving why.

Knowing how people act when they want to be an authority figure, I suspect things went like this after Martin hung up the phone with his girlfriend.

(Zimmerman, despite being told by the dispatcher, "Thanks for your help, but we don't need it. Leave it to the professionals;" continues to follow Martin on foot. Sees it's a black teenager but doesn't recognize him and decides, "Black kid I've never seen before. He's gotta be up to something." Martin knows he's being followed, hangs up the phone with his girlfriend.)

Martin: Why are you following me?

Zimmerman: What are you doing here?

Martin: Who the fuck are you man? If you aren't a cop, fuck off!

Zimmerman: I asked you a question. What are you doing here you little shit?

Martin: Whatever man, I'm out of here.

Zimmerman: Don't you walk away from me!

(Zimmerman reaches out and grabs Martin. Martin pushes Zimmerman to get free, in turn Zimmerman begins to get more forceful with delusions of grandeur of catching whoever was breaking into the neighborhood. Martin, fearing he could be kidnapped, beaten or worse, begins to fight Zimmerman off in the hopes he can run home and inform his father of what's going on. Martin gets the upper hand and Zimmerman, failing as an authority figure, pulls out his pistol and fires point blank range into Martin's chest.)

And we all know the rest.

In any state that doesn't have a "stand your ground" law not only would the neighborhood watch have fucking listened to the dispatcher, the incident described above wouldn't have happened. But because said situation has happened, it's opened up a can of hornets and made it far more difficult for prosecutors to prove malicious intent.

That's the big picture of this and the racial profiling should be acknowledged just as much, if not more because of it. I'm not scared of the gang bangers who live a few blocks over. I'm scared of the gun toting yahoos who see me as a threat for no other reason then the fact I'm brown and wear black a lot.
Especially given the fact the cops have been called on me just for walking to the corner store to buy a pack of smokes.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #34
Saya

Not to mention his brother was saying on tv last night that Trayvon was a thug who was probably going to go on and get a gun and grow weed plants. This could have been prevented if Trayvon wasn't such a thug. The way some media and the justice system handled this case, it was Trayvon Martin on trial, because being a black male is always being seen as deviant.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
Saya

Oh and a juror already signed a book deal: http://www.businessinsider.com/georg...-a-book-2013-7

The business of making money off the backs of black suffering continues.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #36
Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
I suspect things went like this...
Suspicions were the majority of the case against Zimmerman.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #37
Saya

Actually, what is your source that he stopped following and Martin attacked him out of nowhere? The Sanford police testified that he continued to follow.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #38
Jonathan

It's a given that any high profile trial will result in juror book deals, see Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, etc, etc, etc. It's an industry.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #39
Judas

Quote:
Actually, what is your source that he stopped following and Martin attacked him out of nowhere? The Sanford police testified that he continued to follow.
The Sanford police testified that he did something that they did not witness? Interesting.

In any case, listen to the 911 tape. When Zimmerman says "he's running," you then can hear him open his door, you can hear the noise cars make when you open the door with the key still in the ignition, and then the sound of wind in the phone mic. You could hear that wind noise because Zimmerman was running. That noise is also what caused the dispatcher to ask Zimmerman if he was following Martin. After the dispatcher tells Zimmerman that following was needed, and Zimmerman says "okay," the wind noise stops. Because Zimmerman stopped.

A moment later, Zimmerman says, "he ran." About a minute later, when the dispatcher asks Zimmerman what his address is, Zimmerman says, "Oh crap, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is." If he continued following, how did he lose sight of Martin so quickly?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
ape descendant

Probably because a very scared Trayvon had run specifically to loose the creepy guy who had been following him in a car.

Creepy dude follow me in his car, I'd fucking run too, as fast as I could.

Apparently, Zimmerman did follow him, tracked him right down just to harass Trayvon for "suspiciously" walking home. That's how this all went down, it wouldn't have if Zimmerman had stayed in or with his car and waited for an officer to show up.

Be Kind
Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #41
Judas

If he was so scared, why did he approach Zimmerman first while Zimmerman was still in his truck? He wasn't scared then.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #42
Judas

On top of it, before he even got out of his truck, Zimmerman had been told by the dispatcher that the police were already on their way. That means, several minutes later, after Zimmerman had gotten out of his truck and then lost sight of Martin, he had only a few minutes to search for and force a confrontation, all with the knowledge that the police could arrive at any moment and catch him in the act.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #43
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
The Sanford police testified that he did something that they did not witness? Interesting.

In any case, listen to the 911 tape. When Zimmerman says "he's running," you then can hear him open his door, you can hear the noise cars make when you open the door with the key still in the ignition, and then the sound of wind in the phone mic. You could hear that wind noise because Zimmerman was running. That noise is also what caused the dispatcher to ask Zimmerman if he was following Martin. After the dispatcher tells Zimmerman that following was needed, and Zimmerman says "okay," the wind noise stops. Because Zimmerman stopped.

A moment later, Zimmerman says, "he ran." About a minute later, when the dispatcher asks Zimmerman what his address is, Zimmerman says, "Oh crap, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is." If he continued following, how did he lose sight of Martin so quickly?
The encounter didn't happen on the 911 call, it happened after he hung up. Why would he not go looking for him after he hung up? Martin's friend testified while she was on the phone with him that he lost Zimmerman, and then Zimmerman found him again.

Furthermore, the attack happened well out of sight of the car, he would to have walked quite a bit before the dispatcher told him to stop and go back. On this map, he says he was at 6 when he got out of his car, but the attack happened at 7: http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/201...ap-interactive He says he kept on walking to look for a street sign and then was on his way back to the car when Martin allegedly confronted him. He wandered quite a way away to look for a street sign.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
ape descendant

Wow, that's a load, right there. Martin didn't approach Zimmerman in his car, if you're going unload some serious bullshit on us, at least link to the shitty site you got it from.

On top of that, according to witness testimony, Martin had told the witness that Zimmerman was right behind him and she heard him ask why he was being followed.

Be Kind
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #45
Saya

What Zimmerman said Martin was looking at his car when he passed by, but he rolled up his window to try and act inconspicious.

I'm wondering why you're saying it happened in a way that even Zimmerman didn't say it happened. The way you say it happened, Zimmerman briefly got out of the car, turned back, and that's when Martin attacked. Zimmerman even said he kept walking further away from the car, he just denied he was looking for Martin. Did Martin drag him a block around the corner from there?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #46
Jonathan

You should apologize for calling Judas' post bullshit.

From Saya's link:

"Zimmerman told police that after disappearing behind the houses, Martin came back toward the street, circled Zimmerman’s truck, and then once again headed back toward the houses."
Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #47
ape descendant

No, because there's a big difference between "approaching" someone and phrasing it in a manner to show that the person doing so wasn't afraid, and someone walking by or around a vehicle.

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 07-15-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 07-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Wow, that's a load, right there. Martin didn't approach Zimmerman in his car, if you're going unload some serious bullshit on us, at least link to the shitty site you got it from.

On top of that, according to witness testimony, Martin had told the witness that Zimmerman was right behind him and she heard him ask why he was being followed.
That's adorable. I've been providing direct quotes from the 911 tape, which you're apparently too lazy to look up, while you have provided nothing but sarcasm and speculation, but I'm the one that needs to provide links. How about you provide some evidence?

Oh, right, I almost forgot. You don't have any.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #49
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
That's the big picture of this and the racial profiling should be acknowledged just as much, if not more because of it. I'm not scared of the gang bangers who live a few blocks over. I'm scared of the gun toting yahoos who see me as a threat for no other reason then the fact I'm brown and wear black a lot.
Especially given the fact the cops have been called on me just for walking to the corner store to buy a pack of smokes.
Think about it. How many times is the brown guy slammed as the agressor during a confrontation? Your anger is irrational, you know?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Oh, right, I almost forgot. You don't have any.
When you have the moral high ground of social justice outrage, you don't need any of that nonsense.