Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 09-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Alan

What's the deal with ancaps?

I have yet to meet one who has actually studied economics.
Hell, I haven't met one who even studied business administration, although to be fair I don't feel I know enough people in the MBA program.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Saya

I can't say I've ever talked to one long enough to find out their credentials.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
AshleyO

I hear a lot of rhetoric from ancaps but their character and their reaction to opposing policies basically makes it seem like they care about anarchy insomuch as they aren't bothered by the class tensions created in a capitalist mode of production. A sort of... I got mine fair and square and I demand to be left alone about it kind of thing.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Despanan

They are fucking weird.

Speaking as someone who used to consider himself a LOLbertarian, AnCaps kind of happen in two ways:

1) When LOLbertarian/Propertarian ideology is sufficiently challenged, but the Propertarian in question doesn't have much political or economic education beyond Von Mises, Rothbard, and Rand. Thus they get more extreme about property rights (except intellectual property for some reason), rather than going the other way.

2) When young, (usually) white, Americans decide they're "anarchists" but don't really know what an anarchist is. Thus due to a fundamental misunderstanding as to what the State actually IS (due in large part to the "more vs. less government" propaganda they were raised with) they end up supporting the State while taking an extreme stance against government as an institution. This explains why they keep trying to be accepted by their "Fellow Anarchists" (AnComs) and get really annoyed when they're told they aren't anarchists.

The AnCaps that I've encountered tend to be very sheltered and more than a little socially awkward. They're usually male (though I have encountered self-identified female AnCaps) and usually give off that "Homeschooled" vibe.

Relevant:

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ing-anarchist/ <-- Becoming an AnCap, from an AnCap's point of view

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shit-...23379661136741

AnCaps at Occupy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPoGkwx6OE

*Note: I have no idea who that kid is - I'm guessing he showed up for a day or two very early on and then left. The guy interviewing him, Adam Kokesh is a self-described "Anarcho-Capitalist" radio host, in the vein of Alex Jones. He's most famous for calling for an armed and loaded "Open Carry March" on Washington DC, that never happened, because he got arrested at the Global Marijuana March a week or so before, and that was enough to scare him off from trying something so blatantly illegal.

AnCaps were not common at Occupy, even early on - when younger tea partiers were still showing up with their "don't tread on me" flags.

SO think Homeschooled kid, or deadman-esque paranoid redneck, or tech guy (For some reasons programmers seem to gravitate towards the label as well.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Despanan

They are fucking weird.

Speaking as someone who used to consider himself a LOLbertarian, AnCaps kind of happen in two ways:

1) When LOLbertarian/Propertarian ideology is sufficiently challenged, but the Propertarian in question doesn't have much political or economic education beyond Von Mises, Rothbard, and Rand. Thus they get more extreme about property rights (except intellectual property for some reason), rather than going the other way.

2) When young, (usually) white, Americans decide they're "anarchists" but don't really know what an anarchist is. Thus due to a fundamental misunderstanding as to what the State (due in large part to the "more vs. less government" propaganda they were raised with). This explains why they keep trying to be accepted by their "Fellow Anarchists" (AnComs) and get really annoyed when they're told they aren't anarchists.

The AnCaps that I've encountered tend to be very sheltered and more than a little socially awkward. They're usually male (though I have encountered self-identified female AnCaps) and usually give off that "Homeschooled" vibe.

Relevant:

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ing-anarchist/ <-- Becoming an AnCap, from an AnCap's point of view

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shit-...23379661136741

AnCaps at Occupy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPoGkwx6OE

*Note: I have no idea who that kid is - I'm guessing he showed up for a day or two very early on and then left. The guy interviewing him, Adam Kokesh is a self-described "Anarcho-Capitalist" radio host, in the vein of Alex Jones. He's most famous for calling for an armed and loaded "Open Carry March" on Washington DC, that never happened, because he got arrested at the Global Marijuana March a week or so before, and that was enough to scare him off from trying something so blatantly illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Versus

RE-Re-REEEMIX!
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #7
mr_skellington

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I have yet to meet one who has actually studied economics.
Hell, I haven't met one who even studied business administration, although to be fair I don't feel I know enough people in the MBA program.
AnCaps are quite deluded. They claim to be master economists but don't realize the contradictions in what most of them are saying
mr_skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 10:24 AM   #8
richardsfowler3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafeThompson View Post
A lot of people do not understand this issue, which is normal. website
Yeah, especially when they didn't specify the issue properly.
richardsfowler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 11:58 AM   #9
MSarhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
I hear a lot of rhetoric from ancaps but their character and their reaction to opposing policies basically makes it seem like they care about anarchy insomuch as they aren't bothered by the class tensions created in a capitalist mode of production. A sort of... I got mine fair and square and I demand to be left alone about it kind of thing.
I can't agree with you more website website
MSarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #10
blareblare2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafeThompson View Post
A lot of people do not understand this issue, which is normal. www.handymanleander.com/pressure-washing
Lol, it makes sense though. We cannot please everybody
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:10 AM   #11
blareblare2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsrobinso880 View Post
Honestly, it's awkward for me to ask about the credential of a person and I can sense that others are not comfortable with it. https://www.diamondseapoolsandconstruction.com/
That's true! I wonder why the course of the person is really a big deal for her
Old 09-22-2022, 01:45 AM   #12
blareblare2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadan View Post
True, I think they're both weird? lol outdoor kitchen contractors
They are really meant for each other, right?
Old 11-12-2022, 11:16 AM   #13
hesinparties

I'm no political expert but isn't being against capitalism kind of the point of anarchism in some ways?
hesinparties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:52 AM   #14
saruonhosarin

Even in the early days of Occupy, when younger tea party goers were still arriving with their "don't tread on me" flags, anCaps were uncommon. carpet cleaners near me
saruonhosarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #15
ChrsCole

Anarchist communists support communism as a means for ensuring the greatest freedom and well-being for everyone, rather than only the wealthy and powerful. In this sense, anarchist communism is a profoundly egalitarian philosophy. Anarchist communism, as an anarchist philosophy, is against hierarchy in all its forms.

divorce lawyers dayton ohio
ChrsCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:22 AM   #16
optimusshapan

Such a meaningful and insightful page. Tiler Adelaide
optimusshapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:25 AM   #17
optimusshapan

Thanks for sharing! Tiler Adelaide
optimusshapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:26 AM   #18
optimusshapan