Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
SoftShocks

so, what'cha being for halloween?

Share it here
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Alan

I had one single Halloween in which I was proud of my costume. I dressed as the Spirit of Jazz from The Mighty Boosh.
Since them I don't have the resources to one-up that year.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Solumina

I remember that costume, it was pretty fucking awesome.

This year I'm a hooded figure from Night Vale, it was easy (black hooded robe with dark, kinda creepy makeup, and my phone can play static) but I like it, and this year I needed something easy since A) the our Halloween party is around the same time as all of Jake's shit (prt, speaking test, party, listening test, writing test in that order, well maybe the listening and writing are switched, over the course of 11 days) so he is of no help and most of my friends are right there with him so really no help from them either. B) I was also responsible for helping with Mary's TOS Uhura costume since it was her first time sewing a costume, and by helping I mean I basically sewed 90% of it (but she did all of the cutting, pinning, and accessorizing so she did a lot of the work and if we had more time she would have done more of the sewing, I'm just much faster so I did the bulk of it). Lastly C) I don't have any dedicated space for crafts or much of any storage space so it had to be something I could either fold up or hang in the closet with normal clothing. Actually I find my hooded robe hanging up with my dresses pretty funny, I mean it had to go where it could hang so it had to go with them but I keep forgetting it is there so I'll go to pick out a dress and then oh hey it's my robe! Okay maybe it isn't that funny but it makes me happy.

Oh and I lucked out big time because there is a vintage/second hand shop here that gets stuff from one of the local theaters so I actually found my cloak there, it only needed a few alterations (the hood was pointed so I rounded that out and slightly changed the neckline) and was less than I would have paid for fabric to make my own.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Jackson Cutler

I'm probably just going to wear what I always wear, but with that clown mask from the beginning of Dark Knight.
Jackson Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
SoftShocks

Cool cool.
I'm still not 100% sure what im going to do yet. I have a couple ideas in mind.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Saya

I haven't decided yet. I'm working all weekend so I'm missing all the parties, and on Halloween day all I have is a class on Spiritualism. So I was thinking about dressing up as Reagan from the Exorcist but I don't know if my prof would find that funny.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I had one single Halloween in which I was proud of my costume. I dressed as the Spirit of Jazz from The Mighty Boosh.
Since them I don't have the resources to one-up that year.
Ok, that is awesome.

Me... a couch potato. For Halloween I am being a couch potato.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
SoftShocks

I really want to do a pin-up style drag get up.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
Lady Ruthven

Those all sound cool.

I'm doing a bride of Frankenstein thing this year. I made the dress for it last November, which could be called sad but in my world is called planning ahead. I think Halloween is such a great festival that it warrants year-round preparation.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #10
Timeless Rebellion

Usually, I disagree with thread necromancy, but this thread can take it.
Also, sure, Halloween takes a lot of preperation. I'm not sure about my costume yet though, I'm focusing on my convention cosplay right now.
I'm thinking of doing something that focuses a lot on facial latex makeup, but I'm not quite sure.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote