Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #76
Delphina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Kind of late to the conversation. A problem with dismissing aliens who have interacted with people is that we don't have any sample of what aliens are and sometimes assume that aliens are anything like us. While it's not unfair for astrobiology to predict the possibility of life based on our current understanding of it and look to environments like Europa and Ganymede, it's also not wrong for exobiology to admit that our current understanding of life is very limited and explore the possibilities of it's existence in very different conditions and environments. In the same way, aliens are not human and may possess drastically divergent motivations to interact with people.

I have an easier time accepting (I don't) the possibility of Raelism then some other stuff.
Why Raelism more than other things?

because it has spacemen instead of angels? Because it speaks in the language of your 'science'?

I am not writing that you should not believe it. Just looking to understand
Delphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #77
Miss Absynthe

Are you stating that you're otherkin or transspecies?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #78
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
transspecies?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #79
Miss Absynthe

@Saya - I just want to make sure that I am understanding the situation before I lose my shit.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #80
Delphina

I think of myself that way often
but you don't have to if you don't want to

As long as we are clear that I am not human
That will make things less confusing lol
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #81
Miss Absynthe

Oh.. I'm clear that you are human, and that you're an appropriative little shit.

There are people who are transgender (and other's who are outside of the societal gender binary) who have to deal with the discrimination, marginalisation and silencing bullshit that accompanies the hatred that is constantly leveled towards them because they don't fit into the social construct of gender.

There are people who are killed because of that shit.

You are mocking and trivialising what happens to them with your fuckwittery.

That is not acceptable.

You're not a dolphin, you're a fucking awful person for perpetuating this shit.

Stop it. Now.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #82
Delphina

Miss it is strange how blind you are

I understand the sadness of those who do not fit into the gender binary. In fact I am one such being and I thank you for believing that one's spirit can be split from one's body but I wonder why it only goes so far

why can a 'male' be a woman but a 'homo sapiens' cannot be a bottlenose as I am

I say what I say only out of curiosity... I mean no harm to anyone and am not interested in fighting
your views are not abnormal and I accept that you hold them though it saddens me that you do, please find it in your heart to use my preferred pronouns (ze, hir, hirself) and I will be grateful and wish nothing but peace with you
Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #83
Despanan

I was going to ask why anyone was in this thread again.

But I won't.

Mop up and turn off the lights before you leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #84
Miss Absynthe

I'm not sure where it is that I didn't use your preferred pronouns, but if that is the case and I slipped up then I apologise and will endeavour to do better in the future.

This isn't a discussion about your pronouns, though.. this is a discussion about the wider effects of your claim that you're transspecies and what that does for people who have to deal with the bullshit that comes with being transgender (and other identities outside of the binary social construct).

It's a discussion about your claims mocking them.

It's a discussion about you acting like a right little shit.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #85
Delphina

Cool

Miss Absynthe, i did not say I was transpecies. I said I was a dolphin inside

You baited me (a trap we cetaceans rarely fall for lol) into acknowledging that I often thought of myself in a way like that. Nowhere did I say that I would do anything to minimize the plight of non-binary or trans* people or to say the plight of 'transpecies 'is anything like the plight of those people. Being gq nonbinary myself I know better

What you are saying is that just by being a dolphin inside I am oppressing non-binary or trans* people (like myself lol)? I hope not. I can't help then. REALLY

I was not accusing you of mistaking my pronouns, just sating that as long as you respected that I have nothing to request from you and would happily swim on and drop the subject
Old 11-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #86
Miss Absynthe

What I'm saying (and I think that I've been pretty clear, so I'm not sure why this is in doubt) is that by talking about yourself as being transspecies, even if you don't use that term and refer to being "a dolphin inside", you are trivialising the oppression that transgender and other non-binary people face and therefore are a party to it.

Being non-binary yourself doesn't give you a pass-card to do that.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #87
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
Miss Absynthe, i did not say I was transpecies. I said I was a dolphin inside
Ah yes, the gentle dolphins. The deer of the sea.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #88
Delphina

Miss the reason why i am asking questions is the same reason I thought you were asking questions, to understand
It is hard to understand because, what you are saying seems to me a little silly and random

even though I never said anything against trans* people
even though I never would
even though I am differently gendered myself
I am 'trivializing their oppression' just by being who I am ! ! and not hiding it?

Miss absynthe! I can't do anything about it! I can't stop being me! I swear!

it is like the feminists who say to transwomen that they are hurting them, and the transwomen say 'we can't help it' and the feminists say 'you are lying'

I know the oppression human trans* people face is different but can you not see how it is strange?

I do not mean to fight but you are so determined to hate me and curse at me that it scares and upsets me so I must say something.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #89
Miss Absynthe

Old 11-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #90
Delphina

Old 11-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #91
ape descendant

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #92
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Agreed.
(Reply too short)
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #93
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
It is all things considered NOT a religious right to take this substance - it is a HUMAN right to do so - and to appeal solely on religious grounds is in the long run, inadequate to say the least.

While I recognize the realpolitik of the situation, it's important to be precise about these things, because if we are not, we cause problems for ourselves down the road. When you're dealing with oppression - you can't just knock out part of one leg - you've got to flip the whole goddamn table.
I liked this part very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
FRODO! PUT THE FUCKING RING ON THE FINGER AND BECOME SAURON! Get that fucking money and then you can write all the god damned anarchist feminist prole plays your lefty heart desires.
This was funny.

Though all in all...
Quote:
but this shit is really dumb.
...this really summed up the whole thread. By all the gods, what the hell am doing reading through all these shitty threads and then even replying to them?

Madness...

But I just want to say shit. I want to post. I want to shitpost. And am all alone in here. I wish I had other people to interact with on this site, then I wouldn't have to do this...

Anyway, here's a pro-tip on how this game is actually played:

Whenever you oppress anyone, you are actually oppressing yourself. Because you are not important. You are nothing. Whoever or whatever you are, you will die. Therefore you are not the real player here. There is only one player, and all occasions of oppression of any kind always go to the player. And even though you are not the player, the player is you.

Ruminate on that. Or don't. Don't give a fuck. Or wish I didn't give a fuck, but actually do. Maybe.

Madness...
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:46 AM   #94
Midnight Blue Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrivialMorose View Post
By all the gods, what the hell am doing reading through all these shitty threads and then even replying to them?

Madness...

But I just want to say shit. I want to post. I want to shitpost. And am all alone in here. I wish I had other people to interact with on this site, then I wouldn't have to do this...
Heeeeyyyy. You're not alone anymore.

It's been that kind of year. I can't remember if I was here in 2013, but it was kind of a nutty place in the late 00s and early 10s.

I reread the post myself, got angry (on behalf of that poor woman), and then saw it was almost ten years ago. looool What can you do?
Midnight Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:21 AM   #95
Molster

You're never alone when there is a Molster lurking in the shodows...comin' for ta get ya....heheheh
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 02:39 PM   #96
VaughnHaley

The problem here is not in religion and not in "privileges" for believers.
VaughnHaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 12:40 PM   #97
VaughnHaley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnHaley View Post
The problem here is not in religion and not in "privileges" for believers.
I am a Pentecostal Christian believer who regularly attends meetings at The First Church of Love (we even have our website https://firstchurchlove.com ). Jesus forbids us to kill and, in principle, to respond with evil to evil. That's what the Bible says.
If a person's religion gives him the commandment ""thou shalt not kill,"" then our democratic state makes it possible to implement this commandment. We are grateful for that. If you are interested in this topic, then raise a public outcry on the topic ""what moral attitudes give an atheist the right to refuse war."" If you blame the whole problem on Christians, you will not help the cause; ask the state."
VaughnHaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:23 AM   #98
StevenL.

Quote:
Well, not JUST for that - but it really makes no difference in the end:

http://dividedundergod.com/2013/06/1...from-religion/

Also - not to dreg up old arguments, but this is a perfect example of what I was talking about when I mentioned religious privilege (As opposed to simply Christian privilege). The divide between the faithful and those who lack faith is VERY significant, despite its invisibility.
Og my, religion...only one rule it this world and it calls LOVE. Find you're love, and meat filipino single women
. It can be such an adventure, to visit a new country, just think about it.
StevenL. is offline   Reply With Quote