Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
Saya

Sleepy Hollow

Is anyone else watching?

I'm not all caught up yet but its pretty amazing thus far. When I'm trying to explain it to people I find myself saying "its a lot like Supernatural, but better."

Also I would like to say Orlando Jones is an amazing human being. He knows what shipping is, is also a Supernatural fan and seems to ship Destiel.

Also when he called out on a problematic joke he apologized, explained it, and then submitted himself to Your Fave Is Problematic.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
BourbonBoy

Saw the first episode and loved watching Crane adopt to the modern world. Sadly, since then I tend to work on the evenings when it airs now. Wish I had a DVR, otherwise I'd catch up on it.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Saya

If you google Sleepy Hollow episode # ("#" being the number you want) its pretty easy to find a stream. Just so you know XD

I actually love how refreshing Crane's fish out of water experiences are. Like they don't beat around the bush, he's surprised about the end of slavery (I thought it was kinda lame that he was so cool and accepting of Abbie, like I thought it was just glossing over the issue a bit that he worked with slave owners, but later in the show it becomes apparent that he's pretty naive and idealistic about everything so it fits him honestly) and there's an episode when he loses his shit when he finds out how the Mohawks were screwed over after they helped in the Revolution.

A lot of times in time travel stuff, like Kate and Leopold, past social inequalities aren't mentioned at all. At least I don't remember it being mentioned that Kate is giving up pretty much her personhood in travelling back in time to be with him.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
BourbonBoy

Awesome, now I now how my day off from work's going to be taken up XD

But yeah, it was very surprising seeing the writers didn't beat around the bush with how race was viewed back then and even how the attitude was among the American Revolutionaries towards American Indians. I'm actually happy they made him an idealistic soldier, because I think that's one approach that hasn't been made towards Ichabod Crane so far given the time period the story supposedly takes place in.

Now I have to go find my copy of the original story, because the ending was too funny despite the ghostliness of it.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #5
Miss Absynthe

Ooh.. I was watching it and completely forgot that it was a thing that existed until now. Thanks for the reminder.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote