Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #8551
Catch

I should start drinking more often. I only drink maybe a couple times a year. I could do better.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #8552
deathsdj

New here so I really don't feel to comfortable ranting about anything just yet. I'm looking out my window at about six inches of snow with record cold temperatures and my daughter (4) has been asleep all day so I'll likely be up all night. Maybe I do feel comfortable ranting a bit...
deathsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 AM   #8553
Solumina

Forgot how tedious, time consuming, and repetitive applying for jobs can be also as I'm applying for some assistant positions I need to know my typing speed and damn am I out of practice. I was hoping that my wasting away all of my time on the internet had at least helped me keep up my speed, which it has for normal typing but when it come to 100% accurate copying or dictation I'm down to about 50wpm, thankfully most places don't require more than 45, even for secretaries, but still being able to type at 65+ is nice to be able to put on a resume as it puts you well above the average.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #8554
Fruitbat

MoC - it wasn't until I was well into my 4th decade that I was comfortable that I didn't fit in, and that I just started to be me, and screw everyone else, because if they couldn't cope with me, then that's their issue, not mine.

My view is : "This is me, this is who I am. Your opinion is irrelevant. I like me and that's all that matters."

FML at the moment. I'm tired of shite.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #8555
Solumina

I hate being sick
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #8556
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I know a lot of doctors are really, really, really against anything that makes it so a woman can't have kids, especially women under 30, but fingers crossed I'll be able to convince them. Now I just need to actually set up an appointment..
You must keep stating your case. Literally pester the living shit out of anyone who may be able to get you the operation free/low cost.

Considering whatever conditions you have cause you to be in so much pain that you have to take medication that affects your sleep, I'm frankly puzzled as to why they would not operate free if they would do the same for a nose job to help someone breathe easier ect. If it frees you from actual physical discomfort and pain then there is no basis for refusal surely?

I would honestly just go in and demand ( albeit politely) a logical explanation for that. Certainly it's elective, but so are fucking boob jobs, and lets face it, having small tits isn't known for causing physical pain and doesn't generally require medication in the majority of people.

If you are in a lot of pain every month and both taking ,and not taking medication affect your sleep, then they are incredibly remiss for refusing. Pain and lack of sleep can both be very dangerous if you drive or do a physical job ect.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #8557
Versus

I haven't seen anyone in the military have trouble getting vasectomy (thanks for the reminder.) That's without regard to sexism though so I can't say.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #8558
BourbonBoy

Granted this was in the early 80's, but my mom needed to have her tubes tied since the docs explained that if she had anymore kids after my sister and I plus a miscarriage, anyone of the following situations would happen.
1. She'd die.
2. The fetus would be born dead.
3. All of the above.
Yet the military physicians still tried to have my dad get a vasectomy because it was "cheaper." At least that was how it was explained later on, but they had no problem fixing my mom's broken nose after an infant kicked her face. Go figure.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #8559
deathsdj

Baby mama drama (how fucking horrid)

Baby's mama took my daughter a week ago and won't bring her back. We just recently split and were sharing her so there was no settlement or anything legal involved because I thought we were going to be cool. I was happy. I was relieved she was gone. I had hope again. Then she decided I needed to give her half my tax return even though she has no bills and is shacking up with another dude. I said no. Now if I wan't to get my precious daughter back I have to hire a lawyer and fight for her, which I intend to do. My daughter is my life. I have worked six nights a week at a club to pay for a decent home for her so I have no friends, no life, nothing. I even was faithful to a woman I grew to loath just to be there for my daughter. Now that woman has taken from me the only thing that matters. It would be easy to let this get the best of me but I'm to damn contrary for that. The battle looms. I shall done my armor and gird up my sword.

Thanks for indulging me. I feel a bit better having posted this. Feels kind of like I had someone to talk to.

Peace.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:33 AM   #8560
Solumina

I could write a book about the dumbassery of sexism in our health care system but it looks like the Navy may actually be willing to treat this seriously so I'm going to leave that for another time.

I have an appointment for a physical on the 29th and I can talk to the doctor about it then. I actually got really sick last week and had to go in and I mentioned it then and my doctor seemed at least open to the idea but wouldn't discuss it until I've had the physical, which kind of makes sense especially since I'm kind of overdue for one, and something could be found then that pushes the decision one way or the other. Now I'm not exactly sure if she will be the one who would decide if I can have it or not as she is my gp, it may be a decision that my gyno has to make, but the fact that she didn't try to talk me out of it or say something about how I'm a little young for something like that makes me feel a little hopeful.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 AM   #8561
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsdj View Post
Baby's mama took my daughter a week ago and won't bring her back.
I'm really sorry man.
Not sure of the rules or bias for your area - but to my understanding you go to mediation and make a parenting plan, and if that doesn't work you then go to court for a parenting order. Formal child support payments may also help keep the power struggles out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I could write a book about the dumbassery of sexism in our health care system but it looks like the Navy may actually be willing to treat this seriously so I'm going to leave that for another time.
That's awesome. You shouldn't have to be in chronic pain or have your life run by your reproductive system.

As for me, I feel like ranting at length but don't have the energy.
Life isn't fair, I never got to do or say what I needed because people are cunts, and I have to somehow scrape myself up and keep going after years of setbacks because fuck you.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #8562
BourbonBoy

Hope this helps deathdj:

Rights of unmarried fathers in KS:

https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemw...s/putative.cfm

That's hopeful Sol. Sounds like you have some decent doctors there who are at least willing to listen.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #8563
TheLonelyGhost

Well I got surgery done which I'm glad about! Yay! No more gallstones, but now my stomach and side is in pain cause of the surgery. I took the pain medication which works out fine but I wish they were stronger, than again if they were stronger, I'll probably pass out 2 mins after taking them.
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #8564
deathsdj

Just want to say thanks for the support guys. Really appreciate it. The link too.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #8565
BourbonBoy

Why is it when you say you don't want kids people take it out of context and think you don't like kids?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #8566
Acharis

^ Because they're incapable of realising that there are many practical and legit reasons for not choosing to have kids that doesn't make one an ogre?

What a shitty situation. I'm just going to bail on a family function I was invited to, because while there are relatives I'd love to see there will also be offending family members present. Fuck that for a joke.

Also I may have left a favourite item at the ex's place... I'll have to comb my house to see if I can find it.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #8567
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
Why is it when you say you don't want kids people take it out of context and think you don't like kids?
I suppose because it's the easy assumption to make... I love babybat, but when I told everyone he was to be an only child, they made all sorts of noise, even complete strangers were like "Oh how can you do that? He'll get lonely, you're being selfish."

Yeah, those idiots didn't bother to find out the reasons behind my decision and quite frankly they weren't worth the breath involved in explaining it.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #8568
BourbonBoy

Thing is, a great friend blew her top when I mentioned that I don't want kids, even though I've never met her daughter. We were talking about possibly becoming more than just friends over the past few months, but when I mentioned this over IM, suddenly I was a two faced asshole. We haven't really chatted since, just b/sing each other while gaming, but that's about it at this point.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #8569
Acharis

Well, I don't see why you're an asshole as you were upfront.
I don't understand why people who already have one child are so insistent to have more... I've been dumped for half-considering tubal ligation when I'd been clear from the start that I didn't intend to have kids.

Starting to climb out of this psychiatric shitfunk a bit but am still having panic attacks and feeling a real lack of purpose. No fucking idea why. I have a house to live in and enough food to eat, and am receiving medical care. I think I'm going to distract from my useless shit and go help someone else.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 AM   #8570
ape descendant

I had to put my cat down, he was only 3.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 AM   #8571
BourbonBoy

*deep hugs* Ape. I'm so sorry.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #8572
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Well, I don't see why you're an asshole as you were upfront.
I don't understand why people who already have one child are so insistent to have more... I've been dumped for half-considering tubal ligation when I'd been clear from the start that I didn't intend to have kids.
The thing is, she can't have anymore children after her first child, since the surgeon messed up her insides when she had a caesarian. I think she was mostly reacting to all of the guys who've been with her before and demanded she create an heir for them, when I was the first one to say, "No, it would be nice but I don't want that." Either that, or from what she's told me, she's so used to being treated like crap, the second I mention a whiff of that, she thought she should be out of there. I'm not making excuses, but I've known her that well for a few years.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #8573
deathsdj

Really sorry to hear about your cat ape. As an animal lover who has lost a few pets (friends really) I know how that hurts.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #8574
deathsdj

Speaking for myself I am good with the one child I have. I waited until I was 42 trying to make sure I was in a sound relationship before bring a child into it but even that level of patience ended in a fail. Still my daughter is amazing to me and I am so happy being daddy. I'm very satisfied in that regard. Now I'm 46 and honestly I am just to old to go through that again. I don't look or feel old but you can't deny the number. It is what it is. She has friends and a half brother so she is not lonely for other kids. Preschool this year and real school next ought to keep her busy in that regard as well.

Everybody has the right to decide for themselves whether they want to have kids and as long as the decision is made responsibly I for one will respect it.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #8575
Fruitbat

Ape Super squishy hugs darling. What happened to your kitty?

BB I think its so much better to examine the issue of kids before you have them. After all, it's not as though they come with a return policy.

Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs out there. Particularly when they are little and the only real method of communicate they have is to cry and they don't come with an instruction manual or an off button.

And the methods that they have for putting children to bed/sleep aren't that great - let's see there's leaving the child to cry (controlled crying) or co-sleeping basically. Not great options when you have clinical PTSD.