Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #151
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza View Post
Me at my most feminine, a couple of years ago when pictures where taken alone by timer in whatever light happened to be around...

Would have edited it in, but it took me >7 minutes to find the picture.
I don't care how old this thread is, you are fucking HOT.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #152
opie

Im glad to hear that most of you are so accepting of crossdressing.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #153
opie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, 'cause you seem obviously male.

As an edit, I didn't see how old this thread was.
Im serious!!!
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #154
Saya

I hate it when necros don't add much to the discussion, so I'll throw something in, and I think I told you guys about the site before but this is one of my favourite websites:

http://genderfork.com/
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #155
Noirette

I absoulutely love it. I wish I could play more with the way I look, so people won't be ale to tell if I'm a boy or a girl, the genderless kind, but my face is way too feminine...
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #156
Angelic Dissonance2

Man, I like being considered beautiful, but overdoing my feminine aspects attracts all the negative connotations and stigma of homosexuality. I'm very straight, and

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GAYS (that don't hit on me too much)

But I don't want to be seen as one, and have stupid fucking high-schoolers talking and starting rumors and shit. That doesn't stop me from wearing makeup, of course. And fishnet. But shouldn't people be able to dress how they want to without people making those sorts of inferences?
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #157
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post
I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GAYS (that don't hit on me too much)
Somehow, I don't think you have that problem.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #158
Angelic Dissonance2

You'd be surprised. I went out one day, not even wearing eyeliner or anything, and this guy kept looking at me on the bus. When we got to the Transit Center, he followed me into the bathroom, gave me ALL of his information(down to the NINE-DIGIT ZIP CODE), and BEGGED me for my name and for me to call him some time.

NOT making this up. His name was Scott Bolze.

Another time, I was just walking down the street and these two college guys went past me. One looked at me and said to his friend as I walked away, "I would fuck him". The other guy was like, "..." and he said "No, I'm serious."

And at school, this kind of thing has happened a few times. Lucky me, it's usually girls who do the hitting, but I seem to have had my fair share of guys do it too.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #159
Andrias

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here's my effort I put into it, I've gotten better but still. I'm wearing a PVC skirt in this photo wrapped in electrical tape. I was wearing fishnet stockings underneath w/ shaved legs. This was at school.
Andrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #160
Solumina

I'm not going to lie I totally thought that you were wearing a trash bag as a skirt, the electrical tape really does make it bunch oddly.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #161
SoftShocks

I have been crossdressing for years. Fashion has always interested me, especially female attire. There's something about wearing a dress and heels that I really like.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #162
Lady Ruthven

Personally, I love the idea of crossdressing and think it actually suits a lot of people (guys and girls). After all, women wearing trousers and traditionally masculine clothes is perfectly ok, so why shouldn't it be the same for men?

I think it takes quite a lot of confidence to wear full-on women's clothes, but if you want to then by all means go for it. You should wear what you like and feel comfortable in, whether it is 'accepted' for your gender or not.

PS: I'm a generally very feminine girl but I do like some men's clothes, particularly Victorian-style coats. (Although I'm a UK size 8 with a tiny waist so I always have to adapt them to fit me.) There's nothign weird about crossdressing and personally, I find it really attractive.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #163
SoftShocks

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ruthven View Post
Personally, I love the idea of crossdressing and think it actually suits a lot of people (guys and girls). After all, women wearing trousers and traditionally masculine clothes is perfectly ok, so why shouldn't it be the same for men?

I think it takes quite a lot of confidence to wear full-on women's clothes, but if you want to then by all means go for it. You should wear what you like and feel comfortable in, whether it is 'accepted' for your gender or not.

PS: I'm a generally very feminine girl but I do like some men's clothes, particularly Victorian-style coats. (Although I'm a UK size 8 with a tiny waist so I always have to adapt them to fit me.) There's nothign weird about crossdressing and personally, I find it really attractive.
Good to see another female that finds in attractive.
I'm really into fashion, always have been, so I have taken a lot of interest in different styles of clothing.
After awhile, I found female attire to be much more appealing. since then, I have been dressing as a woman. Not everyday of course, but occasionally I will throw some make up, a dress, and some heels on.
Speaking of Victorian fashion, I love that style of dresses.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #164
Lady Ruthven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrias View Post

here's my effort I put into it, I've gotten better but still. I'm wearing a PVC skirt in this photo wrapped in electrical tape. I was wearing fishnet stockings underneath w/ shaved legs. This was at school.
To be honest the skirt does look a bit like a trash bag, but I absolutely love your fishnet sleeves. A leather skirt would probably look good with the top.

And you have great hair!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:26 AM   #165
Jon Wane

I'm a little conflicted, honestly...

I'm biologically male and have always identified as such. I have very feminine features, though (gynecomastia, I'm pretty sure, in fact)... It's hard to even admit that anonymously because the idea that I'm a guy with tits makes me feel like I am utterly revolting and deformed to others.

I feel so uncomfortable in my body because I'm not male enough physically, which is the only part that actually bothers me.

All the same, I've been into crossdressing since childhood (literally!). It's not a "kink", let alone something deeper, like a need to express the feminine side of myself, I just think it's really fun to dress in drag. I mean, I am basically just as happy wearing regular "dude" clothes as I am a dress I feel confident in.

I am gay, and I'm not at all conflicted about it, though I guess a major part of drag's appeal for me is the fun "camp" factor. Still, there is something very freeing in being able to wear women's clothing and sort of play a different person. It may have a lot to do with self-confidence issues, but it feels awesome to "let my hair down" in drag.

I also like the idea of androgynous fashion/accessorizing. I tend to wear pretty "butch" clothing (patched vests, cut-off sleeves, lots of raggedy clothing in general, partly out of comfort and apathy, partly out of an anti-materialistic expression of frugality)... I suppose my fashion sense is sort of a punk/metal hybrid with some gothic (and queer/girly) undertones.

I like the look of dangly earrings, and I've wanted to get my own ears pierced for ages. I really like the rugged look in combo with a long earring (or two), and I get really giddy thinking about all the possibilities for cute/cool earrings I could potentially wear. Part of me hates not being able to wear them, despite not being a jewelry person at all otherwise (outside of drag, anyway).

I'm not really opposed to makeup, either, but I am too conflicted by a feeling of vanity to ever actually wear it except in drag.
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #166
Saya

Whoa, you haven't been around in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Wane View Post
I'm a little conflicted, honestly...

I'm biologically male and have always identified as such. I have very feminine features, though (gynecomastia, I'm pretty sure, in fact)... It's hard to even admit that anonymously because the idea that I'm a guy with tits makes me feel like I am utterly revolting and deformed to others.

I feel so uncomfortable in my body because I'm not male enough physically, which is the only part that actually bothers me.
Duuuuuude lots of people find androgyny, even in cis people, very attractive. I even suspect most people do but won't admit it because they have gay panic. It makes them feel weird to admit it, so they react negatively to the idea, if that makes sense?

I get what you mean though. I'm not cis (but FAAB) and I've always assumed when I've dated men that men only would ever want someone who is hyper femme. I find it weird that I ever found a guy who doesn't mind if I don't shave or don't wear lacy underwear or doesn't mind if I wear men's clothes.

Though he says I look like Harry Potter when I do -_-*
Old 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #167
Lady Ruthven

I for one think that androgyny is super sexy. I think a lot of people would agree with me that there's no such thing as 'not male enough'. My boyfriend crossdresses regularly and I love it. He is Japanese and has one of those faces that are only really made identifiably male or female by hairstyles. Which is great. We both wore drag to a party last week and he looked absolutely gorgeous. I looked silly because I am very feminine and everyone can see it, no matter what I wear. So in my book, you are lucky to look androgynous because it means you can play around more with your look. Which has got to be a good thing.

Good to hear that you aren't inhibited by being gay, because I know a lot of people who are and end up being unhappy because they feel that they can't express themselves as they want. Incidentally, I am bisexual, so is said boyfriend, and we're perfectly happy about it.

Don't feel uncomfortable with yourself and keep going with the drag. (Maybe post some pics if you feel like it)
Old 03-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #168
Solumina

Saya I didn't know you weren't cis, do you still use female pronouns or would you prefer something else?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #169
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Saya I didn't know you weren't cis, do you still use female pronouns or would you prefer something else?
Right now pronouns don't bother me in the least, and I'm still trying to figure out how to articulate what I feel about my gender, so if you want to keep using female pronouns I'm fine with that.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #170
Xombie

Now that I've buzzed my hair off, I can pull off androgyny pretty well. Loving ittt.

Some lady friends and I performed in my school's drag show this weekend. I had a neck beard and looked pretty scuzzy.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #171
Dansleplume

Androgyny is my jam! Any and all kinds.
Dansleplume is offline   Reply With Quote