Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Lady Ruthven

Victoriana

While I'm on a thread-posting spree...

Who else likes Victorian styles? What are your favourite outfits and looks? Where do you shop? Do you make your own things, and if so what? Do you have any problems? Please share!

HavelockV, I will be very upset if you don't make an appearance here!
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 AM   #2
Saya

Havelock hasn't posted in years.

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Lady Ruthven

Oh, that's a shame.

Well, would anyone else like to post?
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Stormbringer

I love Victoriana - Ewardiana. A long term project of mine has been to assemble a fob watch with full accessories, For the uninitiated that's : A sterling silver pocket watch (pre 1911) a fob chain - in double Albert style with two clips at either end and a T- bar at its centre. Next a fob ornament - sterling silver of course and pre 1911 and finally either a vesta case or a soverign case - also sterling and pre 1911. The watch clips to one end of the chain, the soverign case to the other and the ornament hangs from the T bar in the middle. The watch and the case go in a waistcoat's two pockts with the chain displayed in a W shape.

As luck would have it someone gave me an 1890 English sterling soverign case as they couldn't be bothered polishing it, Ebay provided the double Albert watch chain (1870) and I beat a local jeweller down (gently) for the 1899 pocket watch.

The whole exercise was far from cheap - about AU $500 and my next task is to get the watch working. But at the boss's birthday earlier this year I impressed everyone by wearing a black silk waist coat with my magnificent watch and its acessories - well worth the effort.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote