Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #26
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Yes, It would be practically impossible to know that the gothic subculture is literature-driven; especially seeing as the site banner is way-the-hell up there at the top of the window. "Bone-Chilling Literary Culture" should have been a dead giveaway, hon. Most of the people here, and in the subculture in general, believe it was birthed from the poetic works of gothic literature.
Some of us believe it was birthed after the punk movement in music.

Morrigan and Draconysius, please don't make any more inflamatory posts. It is completely unnecessary(?) to attack someone because they don't feel the same way about books as we do.

If I sound a lil too bitchy, I'm sorry. I've not been in the best of moods since I quit smoking.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #27
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyrekisses
Oh hello Moron nice of you to introduce yourself.....................
That's quite enough!

I'm about to delete this thread!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #28
Vampyrekisses

Thanks guys, and i honestly am a genuine person

I came on as i liked the look of the boards and then all the questions started getting thrown at me, and then i got flamed, i just retaliated, i should no better as to not flame back..

selfdestruction is a genuine guy, he really is not a troll, just couldnt believe all the negative comments as soon as we made the posts.

I will read all the rules in full and start afresh
Vampyrekisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #29
Blushing Heliophobe

I'm 99.9% convinced that her and her 'husband' are just multiple personalities of our recent troll influx.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #30
selfdestruction

OOooo get you......
selfdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #31
Vampyrekisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I'm 99.9% convinced that her and her 'husband' are just multiple personalities of our recent troll influx.
I can really honestly asure you that we are not and if the mods or admin contact me i shall prove, this

I have said piece on this, and shall say no more, i have said im not a troll, i dont have to prove that, i can though prove it to the mods
Old 05-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #32
Vampyrekisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1685

Here, this should help. We're harsh to newbies, but we get a lot of dumbasses and trolls.

Thank you, i shall read that now, i did read it before, but will go through in more depth
Old 05-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #33
WolfMoon

Vampyrekisses, I apologize for the unfortunate attack on you and your spouse today. It was completely uncalled for. I also understand the negativity in your responses due to the unwarranted flammage.

It is unfortunate that our site is known for attacking new people. We have been having troll invasions, but it would behoove us all greatly to put down the flame-throwers and look before we leap.

Morrigan, thank you. I realize that such flaming is unlike you.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #34
chloegoth

Hi, Vampyre!

You sound interesting, at least.

I would recommend, though, that you do pick up a book or two (check out the thread about good book recommendations, if you're not sure where to start) if you plan on being active on G.net, because as it is a literary forum, you'll have a better chance of contributing something in keeping with the rest of the conversations. Also, I'd make sure your spelling/punctuation/grammar is decent, and capitalize things, because it'll be something that will lead to..."colorful" conversations if you don't keep an eye on it.

You might try starting with some short stories first. Snow White, Blood Red is a collection of creepy retellings of classic fairy tales, and I think it's a good read.
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #35
Vampyrekisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Vampyrekisses, I apologize for the unfortunate attack on you and your spouse today. It was completely uncalled for. I also understand the negativity in your responses due to the unwarranted flammage.

It is unfortunate that our site is known for attacking new people. We have been having troll invasions, but it would behoove us all greatly to put down the flame-throwers and look before we leap.
Thank you very much,

we are very genuine people, and my OH just got his back up, especially the comment about having kids etc, as we have children, and that upset me. Hence our retaliation.

I understand about the flaming, and its not like us. I also understand about trolls and what they are like I have seen them on many forums. Anyone that i have upset, can please PM and im happy to chat and hope you get to know me better.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #36
WolfMoon

I just hope that we can all move beyond this little bump in the road.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #37
edible_eye

well, i was going to post something akin to what i wrote in selfdestruction's thread but it seems as though things have settled themselves here without my intervention.

as a mod-on-hiatus - i guess that's a clue for me to exit, stage left, as a certain pink panther used to say.....
Old 05-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #38
horrorgirl

The 'person' who started this thread is on my 'ignore' list and I am not taking them off. If everybody else wants to befriend them that's fine but I don't feel like dealing with this person.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #39
Vampyrekisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegoth
Hi, Vampyre!

You sound interesting, at least.

I would recommend, though, that you do pick up a book or two (check out the thread about good book recommendations, if you're not sure where to start) if you plan on being active on G.net, because as it is a literary forum, you'll have a better chance of contributing something in keeping with the rest of the conversations. Also, I'd make sure your spelling/punctuation/grammar is decent, and capitalize things, because it'll be something that will lead to..."colorful" conversations if you don't keep an eye on it.

You might try starting with some short stories first. Snow White, Blood Red is a collection of creepy retellings of classic fairy tales, and I think it's a good read.

Thank you hun i will look into them books and i will read them, thank you for your advice
Old 05-04-2006, 10:08 AM   #40
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
The 'person' who started this thread is on my 'ignore' list and I am not taking them off. If everybody else wants to befriend them that's fine but I don't feel like dealing with this person.
I wasn't reprimanding you, love.

Mainly the two who started everything off on the wrong foot by flaming the poor girl and gettin' her ire up before anyone could get to know her.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #41
selfdestruction

i apologise too...we both run forums in the UK with well in excess of 3000 users on both, and were quite supprised in the blatent attack...for no apparent reason...

its a shame that theres a great devide in the way Goth and Gothic people are portrayed in the UK and USA...i have been into the 'gothic' scene since the age of 17, which is quite a while ago as we have 2 children, the eldest being 12, and have never come across anywhere in the UK or the USA..as i lived in LA a while ago, where people were discriminated on for not reading books..granted this is a book site, but a more welcoming approach would have been nicer than being flamed in seconds....

oh well, we promise to play nice...

SelfDestruction
selfdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #42
Vampyrekisses

Thank you and Horror girl i would like to get too know you. Im not a 14 year old Goth want to be, honestly im a grown woman in my 30s. I know and im sorry for getting involved in this thread and the way it turned out. What i will ask is, if you are going to still ignore me, please do not keep quoting my posts (as in the music section) and calling me a 14 year old gawth. Thats all I ask
Old 05-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #43
WolfMoon

Personally, I was surprised as well.

And as far as I'm concerned, it's more important that anyone calling themselves 'goth' know who Andrew Eldritch, Rozz Williams and Peter Murphy are than who they read.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #44
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I wasn't reprimanding you, love.

Mainly the two who started everything off on the wrong foot by flaming the poor girl and gettin' her ire up before anyone could get to know her.
No worries. I have decided to play nice and unblock them both. HOWEVER, if either of them pull crap like that again I will show no mercy. I am in a really bad mood today.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #45
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyrekisses
Thank you and Horror girl i would like to get too know you. Im not a 14 year old Goth want to be, honestly im a grown woman in my 30s. I know and im sorry for getting involved in this thread and the way it turned out. What i will ask is, if you are going to still ignore me, please do not keep quoting my posts (as in the music section) and calling me a 14 year old gawth. Thats all I ask
As stated I have unblocked you. I'm in a really bad mood today, and I am sorry that I came across the way that I did. Just don't start any trouble, okay?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #46
Empty_Purple_Stars

Well I certainly hope these two are worth what we just lost.

Which I HIGHLY doubt.

Anyone that cares to see what I am talking about can check out Santarea's Intro Thread, to see who ELSE is leaving now because of the neverending influx of idiocy around here lately.

That is all.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #47
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Well I certainly hope these two are worth what we just lost.

Which I HIGHLY doubt.

Anyone that cares to see what I am talking about can check out Santarea's Intro Thread, to see who ELSE is leaving now because of the neverending influx of idiocy around here lately.

That is all.
I don't blame them at all considering all of the trolls/ignorant people who have been on here lately.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #48
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I don't blame them either, and I'm not that far behind them.

I'm not sure I'll be posting after this weekend.
This is the only board that I regularly post on and I have been thinking the same thing lately.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #49
Vampyrekisses

Guys if you are leaving because of this then please do not go.

Remove my account instead
Old 05-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #50
WolfMoon

What's with all you quitters?

Meh!

Fucking go, jerks.