Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #26
Dolly Glass

I feel you. I'm so excited for the change though. Ive lived in the same county my entire life.

Any idea what you want to study other than just literature?
Dolly Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
Noz

I'm planning on gaining a BA in Journalism. That's the ultimate goal. But maybe forensic sciences or Anatomy, I've always been interested in the like. ^_^
What about you?
I'm kind of nervous about university. :/
Noz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
Dolly Glass

I plan on majoring in Business Administration and going on to work for Corp. Disney, maybe managing park events or something. Im nervous but more excited really. I think my college will be a really good match for me. Im also thrilled to meet new people without worrying about my family.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #29
CyanideandRaspberryTea

Hey hey hey

Welcome to g.net missy! You seem like an awfully interesting lady with your taste in authors and hobbies >.< I too. am about to head off to university, it's exciting isn't it?

As far as gothic music, all the old classic stand-bys like the Cure, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Alien Sex Fiend, Joy Division and Siouxsie and the Banshees is a really good place to start...but once you have a taste of these, perhaps a venture into horror punk and gothabilly? These and dark cabaret are my favourite sub-genres of the genre :3 I would seriously recommend the Cramps, The Horrors, Creature Feature, Misfits and Dead Can Dance (which has nothing to do with the aforementioned sub-genres, it's just awesome goth music )
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
CyanideandRaspberryTea

P.S. Glad to hear you're coming out of the goth fashion closet It's a good, good feeling.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #31
Dolly Glass

Thank you Ms. Cyanide ^^

Ive heard some Creature Feature and enjoyed them. I also grew up listening to The Cure (my parents still dont believe me when I tell them its goth music :/ ). I like what Ive heard of Bauhaus so far. Recently though Ive been into Amanda Palmer and Marilyn Manson (I know its not goth music per se but I enjoy him).

Ah, coming out of the goth closet is indeed nice and relieving.Im prone to migraines so a dark wardrobe is much easier on the eyes, and no one ever asks why Im so dressed up when I wear a gothy outfit. (Though I get good humored funeral comment every now and then.) Now, if only I could come out of the other closet x)
Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #32
Dolly Glass

I do love heavy dark make-up but havent quite worked up the confidence to wear in public yet. Heavy make up isnt really common around here unless its rainbow.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
CyanideandRaspberryTea

Haha let 'em think what they want :P Bauhaus is good and Marilyn Manson gets me in a dirty dancing mood :3

Funnily enough I always get asked if I'm going to a party, funereal etc. and my mother never fails to comment on "Why are you so dressed up, you're only going shopping!"

...Yes, Mother. Touche. Thanks for the memo and whatnot :')

I wouldn't worry about the dark makeup, people tend to notice clothes more
Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #34
Robert Perry

Hey Dolly,
Welcome to the site. I'm actually new here myself. I see you write short stories? I do, as well. Love stories, all of them; kidding. Nope, only horror and psychological horror. You live in central FL? So do I. How do you like the site so far? I think it's an awesome place so far, though I wish I could spend more time on it. The Forums are pretty cool. I'm actually writing a story now about a father who has to search for his daughter in his ex-wife's house before she kills them both.

Well, just thought I'd drop you a line. Take care
Robert Perry is offline   Reply With Quote