Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Blackflight

Cloaks

I need advice on cloaks. I'm getting one fitted and made for me, but have been asked to provide annotated diagrams. Anyone wear cloaks here who could recommend what materials/styles?
Blackflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Tall One In Black

Wool and wool blends are good for cloaks. If you're having the cloak lined, keep in mind that a slippery lining like satin will make it more difficult to keep the cloak in place on your shoulders. It will tend to slide back and pull on your neck. You can help prevent that by having fasteners (buttons or frogs) placed further down the front of the cloak.

You might want to consider arm holes for convenience, as well as on-seam or patch pockets.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Tall One In Black

I love cloaks and capes. I've made and worn a few in my day. I would wear one daily in the winter but I carry a backpack to work every day... backpack doesn't work well with cloak.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
Empty_Purple_Stars

This is the most comprehensive site on Cloaks and all of the 80 Bajillion patterns, that I have found.

Cloaks

Just click on the different styles as they are listed and it will take you to an individual page about each style and what the patterns are specifically..

Happy Cloaking..

Uhh..

Yeah..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
Tall One In Black

Yes, the "o" should be an "i."
Old 12-15-2005, 01:12 AM   #6
Sanctus Dei

I've made a few, I used a mock velvet... it was heavy like canvas but had the soft feel of velvet and believe it or not to save on cost I bought cheap bed sheets to work as the inner lining.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #7
IlGato_DiDiablo

Velvet material, in my opinion, works well with cloaks. I wear one to school everyday, keeps you nice and warm on cold, windy days.
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote