Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Lady Lilith

Why?

Why does everything I do have to have a reason? Everytime I cut or scratch or something my mother is always on my ass asking me over and over and over again why I did this, why I did that....Why does anything I do have to have a reason? Is it really so bad if I cut myself somewhere on my arm (not always on the wrist), but with different items? I don't even use the same ruler twice, I got rid of the one piece of glass I had after I used it...why is it so bad if I don't do it often or with the same item more than once?
Lady Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
korinna5555

What I want to know is:
A, why are you posting this
B, why does it matter if you use the same thing twice; it's just YOUR blood
C, why the hell does your mother know you cut?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Because she is concerned for you. If she did not care, she would not bother to say anything and let you harm yourself.

But she does care, and so, even without knowing what to do, she tries to do something to get involved so as to stop you from continuing the behavior.

Have you stopped to think about a possible answer, not just to her, but to yourself, and determine why you do what you do? Don't bullshit yourself, but face the question honestly and see what the real answer is? You don't have to tell us or even your mother, but at least come to terms with the truth about yourself.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Lady Lilith

My mom happens to be very nosy-thats how she knows I cut. The reason i posted this is because the thread said to complain and stuff like that, so I'm just putting my thoughts down. That is exactly my point-it's my blood, so why does it matter? I'm tired of my mom jumping me for stuff I do...I know she cares for me but she cares a little <i> too </i> much....
Old 11-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Your mother simply cares. And that's blood she help create. You are her daughter and she loves you and does not want to see you do this to yourself.

I used to ask myself the same question. Why does everyone give a damn??? Well I've been through the therapy, I've been there, done that. My family was in pain seeing me hurt myself. It's not worth it and she cares. That's why she asks you, that's why she wants to know. Because it's not just YOUR blood, it's both of your lives.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
Lady Lilith

wow...I've never thought about that last part before....I should probably use my head m0re often, but i get so depressed bcause my dad was hardly ever there and my mom and i dont really have that good of a relationship most of the time....
Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
kimaru

My moms really nosy and I've hid the fact that I cut for the past 3 years...I'm so god damn sneaky

It is bad to cut, I'm not being preachy or anything but if you accidently cut a large artery you could bleed to death, also there is the chance of getting an infection...but I do it too...-_-
I'm kind of a hypocrite...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
Lady Lilith

haha lol...I just wish I could find some way to do it where she won't find out but it's kind of hard because I also dance....yeah I know about the risks but hey it's something to take your mind off of what is making you depressed, right?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
kimaru

I wear long sleeves or arm warmers all the time...anyways, maybe you could talk to someone you trust, other than your mother. They may be able to help you out...if your not to shy to talk (like me)...
Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
killer_asian_Dax

There's other ways to take your mind off of shit when you're depressed. Work out. Dance. Listen to mucic REALLY LOUDLY....etc. There's TONS to do when you're depressed besides cutting.

You said you dance, so turn the music full blast, close your eyes and move. Or go to a club by yourself and dance until you're invisible and just another part of a crowd.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
Lady Lilith

That might actually help....I do have somone close to me-my best friend, Silver-we share everything lol....

Good point. Going to a club might eventually help-especially since i have ballet & point three times a week....
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
kimaru

Are you old enough to go to a club?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #13
Lady Lilith

not yet...i was thinking ahead for when i was an adult if i had depressing thoughts it would be a good idea....
Old 11-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #14
Noumi

Thumbs down

Why is it necessary to cut anyway ?? I mean, don't you have anything better to do, than hurting yourself ?
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #15
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumi
Why is it necessary to cut anyway ?? I mean, don't you have anything better to do, than hurting yourself ?
But it's practical. One can cure a sanguine addiction, feed ones little pet bat, drip a little on the front porch in hopes for a vampire to spelunk past and sniff it and moments later knock on the door for a gentle begging for a bloody mary, and lastly to follow the trend...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
Lady Lilith

I wish I had a bat...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumi
I don't think we can really help it, its like any other coping mechanism...it can be addictive...once you start its really hard to stop by yourself, espescially if you don't have the motivation.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #18
Lady Lilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
I don't think we can really help it, its like any other coping mechanism...it can be addictive...once you start its really hard to stop by yourself, espescially if you don't have the motivation.
haha so true...and it doesn't really help that my best friend does it regularly....but i have become addicted to pain....
Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
kimaru

I managed to stop for about 3 months last year...but I of course went back. I kind of feel bad that by cutting, I'm endorsing a goth stereotype -_-
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #20
Lady Lilith

lol......people claim i need help, but what's to help? an addiction's an addiction.....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #21
Godslayer Jillian

What's to help? Getting over the addiction.
I'm confused, where's the science in that?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #22
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
What's to help? Getting over the addiction.
I'm confused, where's the science in that?
Agreed.

Lilith: I got over my smoking addiction years ago. Now I am healthier.
I got over my alcohol addiction decades ago. Now I am smarter. (I think.)

I can say with great confidence that if you get over your addiction, your life will improve.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #23
Lady Lilith

My life is like a broken window;

Memories are there but are long gone...no one can fix the past. My dad was never there and my mother....never home anymore. How can I help the way I feel?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #24
ApothoKeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilith
My life is like a broken window;

Memories are there but are long gone...no one can fix the past. My dad was never there and my mother....never home anymore. How can I help the way I feel?

Every single person has problems in their past. It's how things are, everyone has great things in their past and everyone has bad things in their past (some WAY more severe than others). It's part of the human experience. Plain and simple. No one can change their past but everyone can work on making their present and future a better place...and really there is usually nothing good at all that comes out of dwelling on things that are already done, it usually just makes people miserable, which is not any kind of way to choose to live your life. But if you do not put the work into making the present and future better, it probably won't just happen on it's own and it also really cheats yourself and your own quality of life if you neglect trying to improve things.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:32 AM   #25
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilith
How can I help the way I feel?

No one can help the way they feel, but EVERYONE can control how much control other people have over them. If you don't want to feel so depressed all the time, stop letting the bad things in your life hold so much power over you.

Ever seen a happy hobo? Not wino? Hobo?

He's happy as a clam and seemingly has not a care in the world, but we all know that in reality, his life is riddled with problems from is he going to go hungry another day to is some other scary hobo gonna try and stab him and steal his shit. And even the people who pass by him sneering and mumbling mean things may get his morale (or what's left of it) down. But still, he smiles.

That's because he has realised that life is not about how you feel, but how you handle the shit thrown at you. He doesn't let other peoples' shortcomings and cruel ways hold sway over how he feels. So he keeps his dirty chin up, sings a happy song and takes it one day at a time.

This is my advice to you.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote