Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #2976
Lord Whiskerton

Granted, but you end up looking like Count Orlok.

I wish that I could see faraway places through my dreams.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #2977
the-nihilist

Granted, but the people in those places can also see you... in your pajamas.

I wish the Mississippi Department of Transportation was completely restaffed.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #2978
Geoluhread

Granted, but the people who work there never show up to work.

I wish I can take the car and go wherever i want without anyone asking questions and without me dying on the way =P
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #2979
Anarasha

Granted, but seeing as no one ever asks questions, they do not care about you. You are slowly forgotten and phased out of existance.

I wish to be the best graphic designer in the world.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #2980
Geoluhread

Granted, you are, but no one knows you!

I wish i can draw manga out of my head, not copying stuff -i need practice, i know-
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #2981
Ophelia's Snorkel

Granted, but by a freak chain of typos passed into every document you touch, manga is mistaken for "mango" and you can only get work designing ads for supermarkets.

I wish the human race were nocturnal.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #2982
Lord Whiskerton

Granted, but the human race gives up the ability to walk freely in daylight (Humans now burn up in the presence of the sun), which allows the feline race to easily conquer the earth due to your new found weakness.

I wish I had the ability to travel into the dreams of others.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #2983
the-nihilist

Granted. Unfortunately for you, the only people's dreams you ever go to are really weird/disturbing wet dreams and terrible nightmares.

I wish it was cold outside.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #2984
Anarasha

Granted, but the second you step out, you find that it is so cold that your limbs freeze and shatters, resulting in a very painful death.

I wish I could control the energy around me, allowing me to manipulate everything.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #2985
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Granted, unfortunately you manipulate the electric current in your heart the wrong way resulting in a heart attack and your death.

I wish my xbox 360 elite's red ring of death would go away without me having to send it in(fortunately the warrenty covers RRoD for 3 years so I dont have to pay a thing).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #2986
Anarasha

Granted. You X-Box is smashed to pieces, effectively removing the Red Ring of Death.

I wish for a free, functional Playstation 3 without me getting hurt the slightest.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #2987
the-nihilist

Granted. Unfortunately for you this particular model had a defect that resulted in colorless, odorless, and tasteless fumes to be emitted whenever it's turned on. These fumes pretty much put you to sleep while rapidly killing your brain cells. While playing for long period of time you slip into unconsciousness and die a very peaceful death.

I wish my stomach wasn't cramping, and that by making this wish nothing even remotely or conceivably bad will happen to me.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #2988
Anarasha

Granted, but due to the paradox in the space-time continuum you created by making this wish uncorruptable, every human being other than you dies, The Earth turns into a barren wasteland, and every other intelligent lifeform in existance dies. The only creature surviving all of this is a close friend of yours. He fights his way through the dangerous wastes, arriving at you, drained of energy, his last words being "Why...?" followed by his death.

I wish I was Andrew Eldritch.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #2989
Renatus

Granted, unfortunately it is an alternate universe Andrew Eldritch who is the complete opposite of our Andrew Eldritch.

I wish my xbox that was smashed in my previous wish would be restored to perfect condition without any consequence to anyone and anything.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #2990
the-nihilist

(holy shit Anarasha, that last one cracked me up)

Granted. Your Xbox is restored... right after nuclear war broke out, which was completely coincidental and unrelated to the wish. Too bad you can't play the Xbox in your bomb shelter while civilization as we know it is wiped off the face of the Earth.

I wish for nothing.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #2991
Renatus

Granted, everything is whiped out of existance.

I wish to load the previous save game before the nuclear war but after I get the xbox so I can stop the nuclear war.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #2992
the-nihilist

Your attempts to halt a nuclear war by loading a saved game on the Xbox turned out to be just as futile as it sounded. You loaded the game, but before you even had a chance to do anything, your neighborhood became ground zero.

I wish horse flies didn't exist.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #2993
Anarasha

Granted, but by removing them from the eco system, unforeseen consequenses that no one ever expected occurs, resulting in flying cows and killer dolphins taking over the skies, making you really regret not sending a monthly donation to various animal fonds.

I wish for the below poster to creatively corrupt my wish for cake instead of just poisoning it or otherwise making a boring reply.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #2994
Lord Whiskerton

Granted, but the cake you shall receive was actually a gift from the norse god of thunder, Thor, and was meant for his wife. In anger, he throws a thousand thunderbolts unto the earth causing it to crack, and steals back the cake from you. Fear not! For a savior has arisen. Octavius the Owl notices the cries of help from the common folk and mends the crack. He then defeats Thor in a duel of the century! In the end, Octavius the Owl wins the cake, but poisons it before presenting it to you, for you were the bastard who started this whole ordeal in the first place. The cake really was a lie!

I wish for a fish.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #2995
αρнσтι¢ єι∂σℓση

Granted.

I wish I would die peacefully.
αρнσтι¢ єι∂σℓση is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #2996
Anarasha

Granted, you instantly fall dead and have indeed died a peaceful, swift and painless death.

I wish my diet would slim me in 2 days rather than 3 years.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:44 AM   #2997
Still Jack

Granted, you slim down but have osteoporosis. You break your rib cage coughing.

I wish I could play guitar like Hendrix.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #2998
Geoluhread

Granted, but you fingers lose the skin and start bleeding all over the guitar, but you keep playing. Then you reach the bone and your finger meat is sliced because you play so often and so good... and you can`t stop..
Then you bleed till you have really low hemoglobin levels in your blood, you enter the hospital with the guitar in your hands, not giving a fuck to your Anemia.

They take the Guitar from your arms by force and tie you to bed, and because you spend too much time in bed you get gangrene in your legs. When they want to amputate your feet, because you already suffer from Anemia, you don`t survive the operation and die.

I want to read books a little faster than I do now.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #2999
Ben Lahnger

Granted, but as soon as you get done quickly leafing through the pages of one book and pick up another, you loose all memory retention of the contents of the previous book. You eventually become aware of this glitch and proceed to just reread the same book over and over again.

(And that is THE definitive corruption of a wish).

I wish I could get a job using my voice, such as in radio, announcing or voice-over work.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #3000
SweetJane

Granted, but you gain a ton of weight from being in the studio all the time, and women expect you to be extremely good looking based off of your voice. You start eating your emotions, and start smoking heavily to try to stop eating. Instead you end up with lung cancer, and lose your voice.

I wish I had a sugar mama.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote