Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #6826
in.the.moon

I can't find anywhere online where I can watch El Topo
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #6827
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I have an old dear friend in Alaska, who has been through more than her fair share of misery. Shes like a little sister to me, she's even autistic. Unfortunately for me she is nearly the definition of a hermit, barely getting on ever. She worries me so. I don't blame her though, her malady is a condition beset upon her by a textbook situation. I swear to god, if I were to ever win the lottery I would visit her, make sure she's ok, and if possible get her out of Alaska at least a little bit. The conditions over there are far too permitting of those seeking solitude, even though it is quite the opposite of what she in particular needs.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #6828
Solumina

Once again I am up way too fucking late, and this time it is totally due to getting all caught up on PJ's tumbler. PJ I'm totally blaming you if I'm an insufferable bitch tomorrow.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #6829
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I fell short of giving my best...again. I hate it when I descend into self-loathing and contempt. It doesn't help me do better next time, and merely makes me feel like crap. Normally I forgive myself and move on, but...when it was something I could have prevented by putting in just a little more effort, I get pissed off at myself for not going that extra mile.
DAMN, what a bunch of crap.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #6830
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Once again I am up way too fucking late, and this time it is totally due to getting all caught up on PJ's tumbler. PJ I'm totally blaming you if I'm an insufferable bitch tomorrow.
No lie, the exact same thing happened to me last night. That shit is addictive once you start.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #6831
CarrionCorpse

I've got a headache and I'm stuck at work for the next four hours with it.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #6832
Saya

My best friend was dating this guy for years. They lived together, had a joint bank account, were talking about marriage and babies and such. Then out of the blue three weeks ago he suddenly said he wanted to be alone to sort things out. Dude is 31 and has a kid back in BC that he never sees, so I figured it had something to do with that. My friend started thinking he might have met someone, just on a feeling, and I was all like "Its natural to start thinking these things in a break up, give him the benefit of the doubt, its probably that he's homesick and wants to see his kid, blah blah blah."

She found out today he cheated on her and is now in a relationship with the girl, a 23 year old drop out who messaged her to rub it in her face that she stole her boyfriend. It was such an emotional day, I feel drained and I feel terrible that I told her to go against her gut feeling. I didn't really know the guy but I'm also feeling angry because its almost like he betrayed MY trust when I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to make some pie for her in the morning.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #6833
Acharis

I'm getting fed up with the domestic violence situation happening with my neighbours upstairs...
At random times in the day/night this scumbag will randomly start screaming, swearing and threatening his wife (and the young kids hear/see it). I don't think he hits them, but this raging includes crashing objects around and roaming angrily around in the common courtyard... and this agitated pacing usually happens to be in the area right outside my door. The shouting also comes right into my flat.

I keep ringing the police with a general complaint about noise/domestic disturbance, but the same dude continues to explode on a regular basis. So last night when the family was outside waiting for him to stop raging inside their house, I finally went out and asked the woman point blank "What's that mans name and which number is he living in?" She responded that he was her man, and told me "You don't ring up!"

Now I get to worry that he'll come and harass me if I continue to report that he's threatening/verbally abusing her (or she will though I'm trying to help her)... but neither do I accept him disturbing my peace and making it unsafe for me to walk out my own door.

I need to get more hours and a better rate, so I can move the fuck out of this godforsaken shithole.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #6834
Saya

Instead of the police, have you tried CPS? In my experience the police don't take verbal and emotional abuse seriously, but social workers do, especially when young kids are involved.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #6835
Acharis

That's a good suggestion, thanks Saya... but I'm afraid of causing an upheaval like getting the kids taken away (in the case of CPS taking my report seriously). That would definitely cause a reprisal against me, and living so closely in these flats means there's not much of an escape if that happens.

I guess I'm afraid of making the situation 'worse' and also putting myself at risk, which is kind of fucked up.

But fear not. I'm going to go back to the housing complaints and complain to them about this ongoing situation specifically. I know the number of the flat they're in and the name of the woman.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #6836
Solumina

Please call, at least for the children's sake, I know it could make things worse for you but those kids need help and clearly their mother isn't up to the task.

Battleshots is a terrible decision, I thought you all should be warned.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #6837
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
That's a good suggestion, thanks Saya... but I'm afraid of causing an upheaval like getting the kids taken away (in the case of CPS taking my report seriously). That would definitely cause a reprisal against me, and living so closely in these flats means there's not much of an escape if that happens.

I guess I'm afraid of making the situation 'worse' and also putting myself at risk, which is kind of fucked up.

But fear not. I'm going to go back to the housing complaints and complain to them about this ongoing situation specifically. I know the number of the flat they're in and the name of the woman.
Its flats though, right? You did make a comment to the woman but most likely other people in the flats aren't happy either, when someone reports it could be anyone. I had some problems with people living above me when I lived in an apartment building and they knew it was me complaining a lot (I used to hit the floor with my broom, like you would, and they'd just stamp their feet to piss me off.) They were violent types and I had to call the cops twice, but in the end they got evicted and they had no basis for knowing it was my complaints that did that. Everyone in the building complained about them, it turned out.

Plus, taking kids away tends to be a last resort.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #6838
Solumina

Stupid ass mother fucker, do not berate a resort's employee for the resort having shitty wifi, especially if your issue was that you were unable to access wikipedia, the site was blacked out, this place has nothing to do with it and if you had bothered to read the fucking words on the screen you would have known that.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #6839
in.the.moon

I chose the wrong time to order clothes from Hong Kong,,They're over there celebrating the New Year
Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #6840
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
I chose the wrong time to order clothes from Hong Kong,,They're over there celebrating the New Year
I did the same thing yesterday.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #6841
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Stupid ass mother fucker, do not berate a resort's employee for the resort having shitty wifi, especially if your issue was that you were unable to access wikipedia, the site was blacked out, this place has nothing to do with it and if you had bothered to read the fucking words on the screen you would have known that.
Also if they had bothered to read the link it lead to, they would have been able to find out at the end of all the info that they could still access wikipedia if they disabled java while they accessed the site.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 01-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #6842
MissCheyenne

Ugh, I feel terrible all the time. I'm always cold, always tired and I'm constantly thirsty. I thought it was side effects from my medications but now I'm not so sure so I'm off to the doctors in a couple of days as it's the first appointment I could get. I hope he sorts me out, I'm fed up of feeling crap all the time.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #6843
in.the.moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I did the same thing yesterday.
& the worst thing is that they celebrate for at least 15 days, especially since it's the year of the dragon...
Old 01-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #6844
Renatus

Year of the snake is better... no I'm not biased in favor of snakes... sure in harry potter I favor slitherin.... and I would love to have a pet snake...I even have a giant carnival game snake prize... and I'm born in the year of the snake... But I'm not biased...*hissesss and bares fangs*

Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #6845
Saya

The war course I"m taking this semester is interesting and Im glad I'm taking it, but good god what I learn keeps pissing me off. I'm reading a chapter about Cambodia, and its horrific, but its things I knew before so its not hurting as bad as the Vietnam War stuff did. And then, BAM. Jimmy Carter supported Pol Pot? Really?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #6846
Alan

Can you tell me a little more about what you found about Cambodia? It's one of the few countries of whom I don't know the extent of American intervention.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #6847
Saya

I'd really recommend this book to you, dude. Its A People's History Of The Vietnam War by Jonathan Neale and has a whole chapter on what happened on Cambodia and Vietnam after the Americans left Vietnam.

Firstly, the American government was very bitter about losing the Vietnam War. It was very embarrassing that a powerful country couldn't defeat a country of rice farming peasants, and the American soldiers had rebelled and refused to fight, which made the powers that be afraid to fight a land war again for a long time. So America wanted to punish Vietnam for the humiliation. In the peace talks Americans promised to pay five billion dollars in reparations, but never did pay up. It claimed Hanoi was keeping American soldiers as prisoners of war, despite insistance from the Vietnamese that those MIA were dead. They were determined that Vietnam stayed poor and miserable. China allied itself with the US on that one, as it had developed a rivalry with the Soviet Union and the Vietnamese refused to side with China. It just goes to show how pissed the American government was, during the Vietnam War and during the uprising, they bombed the shit out of Cambodia to try and prevent another communist governement. According to Neale, "In six months in 1973, they dropped one and a half times the tonnage of all the bombs dropped on Japan in the whole of World War Two. Cambodia was a small country, with 4 or 5 million people...several hundred thousand people died in those six months, perhaps a tenth of the population, perhaps more. No country before or since has been subjected to bombing of that scale and intensity." So for them to suddenly side with the people they were so determined to wipe off the map just a few years before, its really telling of how much they hated Vietnam.

Pol Pot's reign of terror angered many Cambodians, but he was very racist against Vietnamese, and assumed it was all their fault, so he commited genocide against ethnic Vietnamese and would raid against the border. So when Vietnam invaded Cambodia, they expected stiff resistance, but Cambodians were so fed up with Pol Pot it was very easy for them to push back Pol Pot's group (Khmer Rouge) and they would have done away with them easily. But the Chinese, Thai and American government decided to back them. They were allowed to rest in Thailand and return to Cambodia under the guise of humanitarian aid, supplied with food, money and arms. The US fought to keep the UN seat for Pol Pot instead of the Vietnamese backed government. It wasn't until the Vietnamese had to withdraw that they seemed to feel embarrassed about supporting a mass murderer.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #6848
Victoria Lovecraft

Location: Am I in the library? No? Perhaps the pantry? No. Damn.Hm... Check the laboratory. Yup, found me.
A guy from my school found my e-mail address after I friended him on Facebook. He keeps sending me messages telling me how lovely I look, following me to my classes, and is now trying to turn himself Steampunk (and failing) and attempting to quote Poe in an English accent to impress me. It was flattering at first, but now it's just creepy.

If anyone actually reads this, and I doubt you will: Please don't think me to be some kind of conceited bitch or tell me "just enjoy the fact that someone likes you".
I always just accept the compliments with a courteous "Thank You!" and say nothing more. I'm not really sure how to tell him to knock it the fuck off, because he's a nice boy and all, but frankly he annoys me and has the intellect of a gnat. He also kind of doesn't have any friends (in our school, anyway) so I would kind of feel like a huge arse if I started avoiding him or blocked him.

God dammit. I need a cup of tea.
Victoria Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #6849
Solumina

I hate when people are more critical of my food than they are of their own, especially vegans who berate me for using honey in my tea while they sip away on coffee without a second thought to the slave labor and deforestation rampant within the coffee industry.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #6850
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its flats though, right? You did make a comment to the woman but most likely other people in the flats aren't happy either, when someone reports it could be anyone. I had some problems with people living above me when I lived in an apartment building and they knew it was me complaining a lot (I used to hit the floor with my broom, like you would, and they'd just stamp their feet to piss me off.) They were violent types and I had to call the cops twice, but in the end they got evicted and they had no basis for knowing it was my complaints that did that. Everyone in the building complained about them, it turned out.

Plus, taking kids away tends to be a last resort.
Thanks Saya and Sol.

Don't you worry about me stopping due to risk to myself, in this mood I'm going to report until like clockwork until something changes.