Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #3826
Angelic Dissonance2

GOTH POINT

Yes.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #3827
Grausamkeit

My first instinct was to think "that's animal abuse!", but the cigarette is not lit and even if it was the bird couldn't smoke it.

Funny pic.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #3828
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
It looks like a sideways ass. From now on when I see people use the '<3' symbol I'm going to think 'ass'.

I 'ass' you! I 'ass' you, too!

'ass' 'ass' 'ass'

I 'ass' that restaurant!

I 'ass' that song!
^this...

This shortening things always get me because by the time I get my brain into thinking something like:

I heart Saya
I heart Graus,

It's just a lot quicker for me to type that in full than to think "Oh what was that stupid emoticon that I'm supposed to use... oh that's write the <3 (which involves the use of the shift key and as anyone who really knows me, knows that I hate the use of the shift key and I hate slowing my typing down to hit the stupid <> buttons..

*walks off in disgust, but mostly at the fact that I transposed the word the in two different ways in that above paragraph*

Sigh...I'm getting old

Angel - funny picture.

I want to throw a sickie today.. i feel sick *unhappy*

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #3829
Saya

Well, if it makes you feel any better on MSN its an actual heart.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #3830
Murder.Of.Crows

♥ ← you mean this thing?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #3831
Saya

Way to make me look dumb!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #3832
Murder.Of.Crows

I sorry Saya....
Old 06-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #3833
Catch

I like the photo. It is inspirational and funny.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #3834
Saya

QUESTION!

Blonde friend wants to dye part of her hair blue, is there a brand you know of that won't bleed into the rest of her hair when she washes?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #3835
Grausamkeit

When I dyed my hair purple it was all of the hair, so I don't know. She may just have to be careful when she washes her hair.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #3836
Saya

Yeah I think she's kinda stuck right now.

In other news, I'm apparently outnumbered in this household, both my sister and the other girl say you put pizza toppings under the cheese.

I don't know who they are anymore.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #3837
Murder.Of.Crows

VILLAINS!! BLASPHEMY!! and other claims of outrages things.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #3838
Ben Lahnger

There's a bank here called Woodforest National Bank. Silly name. What other kind of forest would it be? Might as well be called Peckerforest National Bank!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #3839
Murder.Of.Crows

Rainlessdesert National bank
Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #3840
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
♥ ← you mean this thing?
Smarty pants. But still on messanger you have to do the [ brackets which are still a PITA to type...

I know that's a pathetic excuse...I'm too sick today to come up with something better... stupid stomach..

Saya - as far as the hair dye goes, I would have thought she could put on a cap or use the foil idea that the hairdressers use (you know aluminium foil wrapped around the blue part) then rinse that part out first before going on to wash the rest of the hair?

We had something over here called magic silver and it came in pink and purple (it's what the old grannies used to dye their silver hair with) I used it on mine... Was applied with a cotton wool ball and you could do part or all of your hair... oh but that's purple, not blue..

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #3841
Ben Lahnger

Bigholecanyon National Bank

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 AM   #3842
Geoluhread

There's a great chance I'll be moving to the US next year. Still don't have an idea where.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #3843
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
There's a great chance I'll be moving to the US next year. Still don't have an idea where.
Wisconsin, you've gotta move to Wisconsin.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #3844
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Smarty pants. But still on messanger you have to do the [ brackets which are still a PITA to type...

I know that's a pathetic excuse...I'm too sick today to come up with something better... stupid stomach..

Saya - as far as the hair dye goes, I would have thought she could put on a cap or use the foil idea that the hairdressers use (you know aluminium foil wrapped around the blue part) then rinse that part out first before going on to wash the rest of the hair?

We had something over here called magic silver and it came in pink and purple (it's what the old grannies used to dye their silver hair with) I used it on mine... Was applied with a cotton wool ball and you could do part or all of your hair... oh but that's purple, not blue..
I just use permanent dye on my gray. If you use semi or demi permanent it will fade badly and not actually stay on the gray hair. With permanent it does fade, but much, much slower. I quit dying the ends of my hair a while back and just do the roots. I touch up my roots every few months instead of every few weeks.

I started buying my dye from the beauty supply place near us when the Feria changed from permanent to semi-permanent. When Feria first came out with their 'Starry Night' that's what I used for years. Then I bought it one day to redo my hair/roots and it started fading in a couple of weeks. I was buying dye a lot sooner than I had to previously because it was fading even though it still said 'permanent' on the box. I think that's false advertising. I got sick of it and started using the real permanent dye from Sally's. Now, I am as happy with my hair and the longevity of the dye as when I first started using the 'Starry Night.

Why do people change the formula on products that were great before? I remember when regular Clearasil had salicylic acid in it. Then they changed it and started calling that one 'ultra'(and charging a lot more) and the 'regular' Clearasil has no salicylic acid last time I looked. Cha, stupid corporations charging more for the same thing! I switched to using the St. Ives medicated scrub because it was cheaper and had the salicylic acid.

Stupid commercial-sounding post! /olde lady rant

*pops geritol and shakes parasol in a threatening manner*

Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #3845
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I just use permanent dye on my gray. If you use semi or demi permanent it will fade badly and not actually stay on the gray hair. With permanent it does fade, but much, much slower. I quit dying the ends of my hair a while back and just do the roots. I touch up my roots every few months instead of every few weeks.

I started buying my dye from the beauty supply place near us when the Feria changed from permanent to semi-permanent. When Feria first came out with their 'Starry Night' that's what I used for years. Then I bought it one day to redo my hair/roots and it started fading in a couple of weeks. I was buying dye a lot sooner than I had to previously because it was fading even though it still said 'permanent' on the box. I think that's false advertising. I got sick of it and started using the real permanent dye from Sally's. Now, I am as happy with my hair and the longevity of the dye as when I first started using the 'Starry Night.

Why do people change the formula on products that were great before? I remember when regular Clearasil had salicylic acid in it. Then they changed it and started calling that one 'ultra'(and charging a lot more) and the 'regular' Clearasil has no salicylic acid last time I looked. Cha, stupid corporations charging more for the same thing! I switched to using the St. Ives medicated scrub because it was cheaper and had the salicylic acid.

Stupid commercial-sounding post! /olde lady rant

*pops geritol and shakes parasol in a threatening manner*
Is Sally's actually the brand? I couldn't find it. I'm looking for a different black hair dye from the Feria I used last time. Preferably one that doesn't smell for quite so long - Feria took over a day to get the smell out and I was feeling sick from it before it finished.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #3846
Versus

Shoe shopping...
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #3847
MissCheyenne

Speaking of shoe shopping, I just ordered some 14 eye, peacock blue/green Dr Martens. I am very pleased with this. Yay boots!

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #3848
Ami

Today my nails went from black to ice-cream pink. Now I want ice-cream...
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #3849
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Do you know if international students have to do the GRE test?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #3850
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKat View Post
Is Sally's actually the brand? I couldn't find it. I'm looking for a different black hair dye from the Feria I used last time. Preferably one that doesn't smell for quite so long - Feria took over a day to get the smell out and I was feeling sick from it before it finished.
Yes, I buy my stuff at Sally's. I use the store brand developer, this. I've been using the Wella brand since they quit carrying the other one I used. It's a brown based black rather than blue, but it is pretty.

I'm not a great judge of how long the odor lingers. I just redyed my roots yesterday and my hair doesn't smell. The Wella is a 1:2 mix so if you use that you will use twice as much developer(volume 10 for dark colors). A tube will probably last you a good while.