Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #376
maggot

Lol, I know you're a fashion major.
But when the mallrats try to make friends SOLELY because they're wearing their new elephant bellbottoms, that's a bit peculiar..
Old 03-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #377
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Lol, I know you're a fashion major.
But when the mallrats try to make friends SOLELY because they're wearing their new elephant bellbottoms, that's a bit peculiar..
This is the second time I've heard the phrase:"Wearing their Elephant Bellbottoms".
Jeans with flares that size(HUGE) are not being made any more.They were really "In" a few years ago;but today all they make is 'Boot-cut'.
Is this a part of the country I don't know about?
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #378
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Reject, they're not actual bellbottoms the way you're thinking of. They're the really huge-legged Tripp pants.
Oh,OK..(it took awhile for the hamster to turn the wheel in my brain).
I always thought "Tripp" was an appropriate name,since(With leg openings that wide)that's what you spend most of your time doing in them.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #379
maggot

Lol. Bellbottoms make sense to me, cus theyre similar, and it kinda has the shape of an elephants leg, not to mention being as large
Old 03-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #380
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject_Bunnies
Oh,OK..(it took awhile for the hamster to turn the wheel in my brain).
I always thought "Tripp" was an appropriate name,since(With leg openings that wide)that's what you spend most of your time doing in them.
I like big pants but I don't have any. I do want to make a pair of my pants all spiffeh by adding fabric inserts to the bottom of the legs. You understand what I'm saying?

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #381
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I do want to make a pair of my pants all spiffeh by adding fabric inserts to the bottom of the legs. You understand what I'm saying?
If it's what I'm thinking of,you cut the seam up the side of a pant leg to just under the knee and sew in big triangles of material;That makes the bottom flare out wide.
Is that it or am I way off?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #382
winged_dreams

Quote:
If it's what I'm thinking of,you cut the seam up the side of a pant leg to just under the knee and sew in big triangles of material;That makes the bottom flare out wide.
Is that it or am I way off?
Ding! Ding! We have a winner. That's it! I really want to do that but I'm currently too poor to afford a sewing machine. >_<

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #383
maggot

I REALLY want a sewing machine. You know those gloves that cover most of your arm but very little of your hand? I wanna make those. I think Apoptygma Berzerk's singer wears them in one of their videos. Maybe it was Zeromancer. Whatever. Kinda like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Velvet-Cyb...QQcmdZViewItem but to about the middly of my aft-arm. (Or whatever it's called.) Along with other minor modifications.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:03 AM   #384
Draconysius

Snot Topic used to be my fucking headquarters of poseurism. It is full of overpriced, cheaply made gimmicky crap. Once in a red moon, you could find something remotely fashionable, but the place just gives me the creeps now. I like hanging out around the place, though. Poseurs are sooo cute!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:12 AM   #385
maggot

Sounds fun.

I'm gonna see if I can find some good boots there.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #386
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I really want to do that but I'm currently too poor to afford a sewing machine. >_<
I've turned a couple pairs of pants into bellbottoms this way(I kid you not),and I did the sewing part by hand(I don't have a sewing machine either).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Snot Topic used to be my fucking headquarters of poseurism. It is full of overpriced, cheaply made gimmicky crap.
I understand that no "real" Goths' would actually shop there,but somebody must be buying their merchandise for them to still be in business.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:21 AM   #387
Tall One In Black

Quote:
I REALLY want a sewing machine. You know those gloves that cover most of your arm but very little of your hand? I wanna make those.
If you have never done any sewing before, starting with gloves might be frustrating. It's challenging to sew something small - hemming the ends of the finger holes will be a real bitch. It's also challenging to work with stretchy fabric.

Not to discourage you from sewing - I love it - but just to make you aware of the challenges.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #388
maggot

No, I got to make a Big, fuzzy stuffed foot in family and consumer sciences. Not to mention numerous beanbags.
Thanks for looking out for me, though.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #389
Jane13

The first time I tried to make a pair of pants, I forgot about one small bit of anatomy- the ASS. I was like "ALLRIGHT! I did it all without a pattern and ... huh?". They DID fit my legs perfectly, though... >.> I tore up the fabric again and made a skirt. I would reccomed starting with skirts.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #390
maggot

Ah, but I don't crossdress. ^_^
And I need to get a sewing machine in the first place. My mother is thinking of buying one off a friend.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #391
Jane13

Quote:
Ah, but I don't crossdress. ^_^
And I need to get a sewing machine in the first place. My mother is thinking of buying one off a friend.
Ah, well, have fun with whatever you decide to make ^^ I hope you get that machine!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 03-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #392
Jane13

Thanks sis. I like that pattern by the way... I'm going to find some fabric now.
-Cinema Strange
Old 03-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #393
maggot

I intend to do something just a smidge more elaborate than that. Besides the area between the thumb and forefinger, there won't be fabric on the hand. I'm a wierd person, I know.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #394
maggot

Yeah.. But I bet it's not too hard. Just another cut.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #395
maggot

My sentiments exactly.

>__> I want it to be 1.5 feet long.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #396
angleangel_doom

I like sewing!
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #397
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by angleangel_doom
I like sewing!
For me,It just takes too darn long.
{I see you like Ninjas,Pirates,and Vikings..that's an interesting combination}
Old 03-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #398
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
My stepdad shops at Hot Topic, as strange as that sounds. I like the store for the anime shirts and Aqua Teen merchandise. They also sell killer CD's. I just wish they still had those Street Fighter action figures...
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #399
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
I've turned a couple pairs of pants into bellbottoms this way(I kid you not),and I did the sewing part by hand(I don't have a sewing machine either).

I understand that no "real" Goths' would actually shop there,but somebody must be buying their merchandise for them to still be in business.
Oh, I don't know about that. I think you can shop where ever you want. It's not where, but what. Granted, Hot Topic is overpriced like mad, but it's the only plave where I've been able to find Cure magazine.

Oh, and Maggot. You should try a skirt. Girls seem to go crazy over guys in drag. At least the ones I talk to. And that brings up the only redeeming point of Hot Topic. If your a guy, you can buy whatever the hell you want and they don't look at you strangely. And I would feel weird buying a dress anywhere else but there and the internet. And considering I don't do it all the time I don't feel too bad about the cheapness of it. At least not until I can afford to import from Japan.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #400
[dark matter]

Okies. Ive read the first two pages of this fourm, and before I say anything else, Id like to state that I dont consider My self a goth Im just interested in the subculture (Maybe in the future...). Ive heard many roumors around and became curious, so thats why Im here.

I Belive HT is an Ok store. I dont buy much there. I mostly go there to browse and check out the Anime Shirts. Im not a die-hard Inuyasha fan, but I am a die-hard anime and manga fan(Although, I would prefer it Uncut..). Anyway, I only go there for the Anime Tees. I could never find any anywhere, till I went in there. Ive also bought one band Tee from there. A HIM tee. It is way overpriced, I agree on that. And I really hate how the shirts are so thin and flimsy, I am a verry cold-blooded girl, I get cold way easy. Im probably not going to shop there much more..

Also, I didnt get your Name, but whoever found that Hellsing Tee..Was that at HT? Or online? I dont ever see anything as good as that at HT.
[dark matter] is offline   Reply With Quote