Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #2051
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
All this bug stuff reminds me of a rant by George Carlin where he declares that products should come with a warning label that reads: "Contains 50% less rat droppings and bug parts than the other leading brands."
That should read, "less rat hairs."
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #2052
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
That should read, "less rat hairs."
It took you a whole half hour to notice that shit?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #2053
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
It took you a whole half hour to notice that shit?
I'm was at work. I was on break. Got to go back now.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #2054
Solumina

Sooooo it looks like "Scareoke" is a concept that Amber made up as we (along with her sister and her and Amber's boyfriends) were the only people in costume. Its okay because we looked amazing and Amber was one of the few people that sang who actually has vocal talent. Oh and it was a redneck bar, but apparently rednecks really like "those weird chicks into dark stuff" so I didn't have to pay for any drinks.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf

Last edited by Solumina; 10-27-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo demons
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #2055
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Are you complaining about people modifying their appearance purely for superficial reasons?
No! Opposite. I'm complaining about falsifying what they actually modified. They have normal sized ear piercings yet wear jewelry specially designed to make it look like they stretched their ears. It's a slap in the face.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #2056
SweetJane

My back hurts and I can't sleep because of it. I didn't even do anything. I geuss I should know by now that I can sit wrong. Spinal deformities are bitches.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #2057
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
No! Opposite. I'm complaining about falsifying what they actually modified. They have normal sized ear piercings yet wear jewelry specially designed to make it look like they stretched their ears. It's a slap in the face.
Are you a fucking infant?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #2058
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post

Toyotas really are the way to go if you want something that will last, Top Gear did a lovely bit where they actively tried to kill a Toyota Hilux (I believe they are Tacomas in the US), search it on youtube, it took quite a massive beating before they retired it. They do hold value quite well so even older models can be somewhat pricey for a used vehicle, but they are worth it, hell my neighbor is still driving my dad's old pickup (Tacoma's old name in the US) from the early '80s and neither of them ever had to do anything other than regular maintenance and it has never had an issue dealing with snow.
Toyota is good and all, but I like my Chevy V-8 power and shitty gas mileage. There was a fellow in California who brought in a car to get totaled, it was a mid 70's Chevy pickup with a 350, it had over 750,000 miles on the original motor and tranny. no rebuilds at all.

Just saying we used to make stuff really good.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #2059
Raptor

Why do you like big cars with poor mileage?

Quote:
Riiight.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #2060
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Why do you like big cars with poor mileage?

I just love American Muscle Cars, and have since I was just a wee lad. They're easy to work on, and parts are cheap to get. I just love them.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #2061
Raptor

I like taking shit apart and building stuff, so I get that. I don't understand the love of muscle cars though.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #2062
Stormtrooper of Death

It's just something that floats my boat.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #2063
korinna5555

Quote:
Either take the time and energy to put care into stretching your ears proper, or take those things out and shut the fuck up.
Quote:
Inner Conch punch X2 (At biggest size able to fit)
Septum piercing (If able to, possible punch at 4g)
FOLLOW YOUR OWN DAMN ADVICE AND STRETCH THOSE FUCKERS.

Gods, I'm in an AWFUL mood today. I'd really like to just.. kick someone's face in or something.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #2064
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I like taking shit apart and building stuff, so I get that. I don't understand the love of muscle cars though.
You'd just have to drive one. Just once, and you're hooked. Only thing I'll drive (read that own) these days -- besides my truck for hauling stuff. Used to drive 'momcars' (i.e. miniwagons, etc.). Then, I bought my '77 Chevy. It was a former race car of all things. Owner even tried to warn me that it was too 'powerful' for me. It had a 350 engine, roll bars and a roll cage, of all things -- and glass mufflers. It was LOUD. (I was a librarian, for crying out loud. When I was younger, despite being an Army 'chopper' Medic and driving a 'deucey' [2-1/2 ton truck], I was kind of a wuss when it came to cars). Then I drove my 'Chevy to the levee', and I was hooked for life. (No kidding. It was an ugly car. I used to pull up to stop signs on the back roads and sports cars would pull up next to me, laugh at my ugly old bomb, and step on the gas. Somewhere down the road, after 'eating my smoke', they would pull up next to me and ask just what the h@ll I had under the hood. I would just smile sweetly and say, "Wouldn't you like to know"). That car is now in it's umpteenth incarnation (I do NOT junk my babies, I sell them and give them a new life), as a 'funny' car at a local race track, where it is still LOUD and 'tearin' up the road.' No, the older cars are the 'good's, dude. They last forever, actually get pretty good gas mileage (my '77 Plymouth gets 25 mph in town and 30 on the highway) and they are amazingly easy to repair.

And, no Stormtrooper, they don't make cars like that anymore.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #2065
Raptor

I'll have to take your word for it, I haven't had a single driving lesson.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #2066
Still Jack

I've got to admit, there's something beautiful about an engine powerful enough to twist a steel chassis. Thing that pisses me off generally about american cars is the fact that most of them handle like a fucking spongecake. The only American cars I've ever driven, that handle anything close to what I consider acceptable, was a Z06 'vette and a highly modified Pontiac Bonneville.

Best handling car I've ever driven is hands down a Lotus Super 7.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #2067
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Oh and it was a redneck bar, but apparently rednecks really like "those weird chicks into dark stuff" so I didn't have to pay for any drinks.
Um, my experience is that rednecks like any halfway decent chick that'll let them buy her drinks. It gives them a rare chance to fantasize that they have a chance with her. Tattoos, piercings and mode of dress don't enter into it. That just affects whether they'll think about taking her to meet mother later. Oh yeah, and how much they can despise her sluttiness after she's slept with them.

Rednecks suck.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #2068
Delkaetre

Something thinks I am delicious.
I have slathered most of my right side in anthisan, because I have a load of raised welts- hives or bites.

This will teach me to stop petting strays.

If I have posted this before, sod it. It's still really annoying, they're not going down, they're horrible, and I have a lot of bare skin to show on Friday!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #2069
Saya

My mom would recommend a baking soda bath.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #2070
Razeal18

are they cuts welts do the itch i cant give a diagnosis without more details
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #2071
Solumina

So whatever I thought I was recovering from is back with a fucking vengeance, I feel worse that I have this whole time, and I woke up feeling perfectly healthy. I just hope that it doesn't get bad enough for me to have to go to an ER because I really can't afford that bill but if my fever gets much higher I may just have to ask my mother to foot the bill.

On a related note: if I have both a fever and cold chills do any of you know if I should bundle up to stop the shaking or is it more important to bring down the temperature?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #2072
Saya

Quote:
So whatever I thought I was recovering from is back with a fucking vengeance, I feel worse that I have this whole time, and I woke up feeling perfectly healthy. I just hope that it doesn't get bad enough for me to have to go to an ER because I really can't afford that bill but if my fever gets much higher I may just have to ask my mother to foot the bill.

On a related note: if I have both a fever and cold chills do any of you know if I should bundle up to stop the shaking or is it more important to bring down the temperature?
Don't bundle up but you shouldn't be shaking either, that can increase your temperature too. A light blanket should be fine.

Take acetaminophen and ibuprofen, you can take them together and I find they do give a little extra kick that way, and drink lots and lots of fluids!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #2073
Solumina

I'm in a sweatshirt over jeans and a tank, it was zipped up but I unzipped it and let it slip down so the tops of my shoulders are exposed. I took some Ibuprofen about an hour ago without my change but I'll try some acetaminophen too. I've gone through about a cup of water ever hour since about 11, which is a lot to me but perhaps I should drink more?

Also I do know that this isn't the place to go for medical advice but I am uninsured and the only 24 hour free clinic requires a visit 24 hours in advance of services to decide eligibility (how very Christian of them). There is one that charges on a sliding scale based on income but it is current income and wont take into consideration that my job is seasonal and will end in a few days, it is better than a regular ER, however, as I do qualify for some help so I'll be going there if things don't start getting better (yay internet for helping me find it).
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #2074
Jaye Jang

Solumina, judging from the symptoms you're describing I would strongly advise you to see a doctor. In the meantime, if you have a thermometer, wait at least 15 minutes before taking your temperature, (longer if you have had anything to drink recently or taken an antipyretic, i.e. Tylenol, etc., as that will affect it and you will get a 'false negative'). Once you have an ACCURATE reading, if your temperature is 100 or over, get thee to an ER and cover thy face -- and that is an order. That means you are a hotbed of something contagious. My concern is that you have all these symptoms coupled with a rash (possibly hives). Okay. So, don't fool around with this. Tell your mom, and take it from there. Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #2075
Saya

How much does the sliding scale or ER cost?