Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
PersephoneX

our beautiful country?

i woke up today, stepped out of my front door and into the world. To one of those mornings that that advertise in those travel brochures, the "typical African sunrise". the sun was just starting to rise, the sky was a million shades of orange and the breeze was cool, pleasant even...
get into the car, and turn on the radio. The old people's station, cos my parents are with me. Five minutes of annoying crap and on comes the news:
Mention of the quack they call a health minister wanting to try a new AIDS testing process in rural clinics (we’ve heard all this before). Mention of a shack fire that set a bridge alight about three weeks ago (people steeling electricity, and demanding free housing. they refuse to go out and get jobs, because white people oppressed them ten years ago). Mention of a three year old kid going missing when his mom left him with some “family member”, so she could hang out with her inebriated friends (the hundredth one this year). Then came the cherry on the top: the DA and a few smaller parties are marching to parliament to protest them getting rid of our mayor, the mayor is being ousted because the ANC isn’t getting their own way, anymore.
Now for some background:
our country has one “ruling” party which is the ANC. Then all the provinces vote again for a provincial party, and then each city votes for a mayoral person-type-thingy. Now, the ANC have ruled for AGES cos the rural population still believe that they will get jobs and free housing, after twelve years of nothing! The provincial elections happen, but no one cares because you’re guaranteed that the party you voted for will take the couple of days they have to be bought over, and then they cross the floor. The mayoral person this year, happened to make it to power because the ANC dude they picked last year turned out to be a bit of a pimp-daddy…and after a huge scandal something sank into the moon-units of our town’s skulls and made them vote for the opposition. The same party that let the pimp-daddy be our mayor, has been our city’s mayoral party since they became the ruling power of our country…The lady in power now is putting some members of the government in the hot-seat by asking too many questions. So the tribe they call the ANC has decided that she will be muscled out. Now note this: the lady that is causing all the waves is an elderly WHITE South African. The DA (which is the opposition, is compiled of a whole stack of smaller parties that joined together) has made NOTICABLE changes to our city, and even provided low-cost housing for those people as promised. Since 1994, our economy has dropped. The crime rate has increased dramatically. The standard of education has declined so rapidly that 78% of the grade 10’s last year FAILED mathematics!!! Streets don’t even get swept anymore! We get to pick up the local smut paper and read about people selling crystal meth from their spaza shops…and week old babies being left in shacks to be eaten by rats! Someone told the natives that having sex with a virgin/child/baby will cure AIDS….so guess what else has increased? The rate of abductions! The amount of people dying of AIDS…the fucking health minister says that if people eat African potatoes and take a shower after unprotected sex, they wont get AIDS. And if they have AIDS, eating potatoes will cure them! Entire ecosystems are going extinct because people are squatting in nature reserves. The conservation bored is run by the government! They want to take the money that is granted to the SPCA away…close the SPCA, for the sake of recreation! The SPCA provides the only reliable health care system in the country…to animals! They take care of people in rural communities livestock, people that blindly vote for the ANC every year…and are now going to be shafted when they wake up and realize that their goats and cows are dying because the cant take care of basic fucking illnesses. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Do you know that since 1994, we’ve had free, fair election and equal rights for everyone? I didn’t. Because I don’t see it! The world cup rugby tournament counts as an event in the “fight for democracy”…bullshit! It’s a fucking sporting event! There hasn’t been a milestone in democracy in this country since Nelson Mandela retired!

So I sit here in my crappy office job everyday. I swallow office type shit. I pay my tax. BUT I refuse to vote, I fight when the call is there and I support and create guerilla marketing…and protest art…but Its all so very hush hush…because I don’t want to be labeled a racist now do i?
Enjoy your fucking visit to South Africa…because it going to turn into a big scary replica of Zimbabwe before you know it!

this is not my beautiful country!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
Gretchen Mädelnick

It's a beautiful country for rich Dutch immigrants who live there.

As you can see, PersephoneX, even your country follow the rules of politics. Democracy is nothing but giving te people the right to fill in a form. Nothing else! Really!

I don't do politics... just here to say I think I understand what you are trying say.
Gretchen Mädelnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
PersephoneX

no....its not beautiful for the Dutch immigrants that live here...
the so called "native" people, in the western cape NOW, never actually lived in the western cape to begin with. back when the Dutch first came here, there were different natives, Koi and San people. BUT the people that live here today, the Xhosa and the Zulu, decided to come here because white people had what they wanted...the either killed, sold, or mated with the people who ACTUALLY lived here. so there really are no more true natives of the western cape. So we're all immigrants.
I'm angry because my mother chose to settle here, far away from the place of our ancestors...she chose it because it had so much to offer. I am angry that one group of people could destroy something that had everything to offer. i'm angry that my mother and father, who are now too settled to leave, are going to watch this country fall to the ground because the people that demanded power, are too incompetent and corrupt to govern things the way they should be. The ignorance is astounding! and instead of placing educated people in positions of power, they continue their streak of nepotism!
My grandparents moved here to support the cause. to fight for freedom, democracy and to fight apartheid. but what are they getting in return? i hate the gouvernment so viciously...because i know that we're just a drop in the ocean...and that there are thousands of other families who all stood up and faught for these people...and in return, because they're white, they're treated exactly the same as the other whites in the country: as foreigners, racists and biggots. they may be foreigners...but they stood up for equality...

this makes me so angry!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
ArtificialOne

Yeah I worked with allot of SA's in Australia. They said after aparthied ended the whole country went down and it wasn't safe anymore (reason they left).

And on a sidenote. I just drove cross country, and the vegas/mojave area was disgusting. I've driven through this area many times and I have never seen so much garbage littering the sides of the road before.
And this is a major tourist area. The local govt needs to be drawn and quartered for this!!!!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote