Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
VampireZiggy

can you help me?

Hello, I am a student studying creative writing at Derby university. I am doing my dissertation on the roots, modern incarnations and the future of gothic literature and I was wondering if anyone had some opinions they'd like to throw my way? Is anyone familiar with the work of Anne Rice, Stephan King, H. P. Lovecraft, M. R. James, Angela Carter, Bram Stoker, in particular Darcula and Robert Bloch? Care for some discussion on the nature of what is and isnt true gothic? please contact me, all interest will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Zigg. xxxxx
VampireZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Lord Dagon

Okay, I have been all Stephen King's books lately, and would be willing to talk with you on these matters outside of the board (preferredly IMing) so I don't begin any commotion like I tend to do.
I only have AIM (why?) and my screen name is Lord Dagon 5

--Solinquair
Lord Dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
VampireZiggy

hey, yeah, thanks, that would be great. Sorry its taken me a while to reply. AIM? sorry Im a bit of a computer retard. I can work MSN messenger (on a good day! lol) but AIM is a possibiltiy if you tell me how.....
thakns for replying. not many people do.
Zigg. xxxx
VampireZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
Lord Dagon

Being a computer retard is fine, most people I know are. I will get MSN later. Just read around here for help on what is gothic. There is undoubtedly something useful here.

--Solinquair
Lord Dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
ThwanCondu

Give Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake a look. It fills in some temporal gaps in your list of authors there.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote