Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #1251
Gnossos

This morning I dropped the Wonder Kitty off at the vet's for his ear surgery. Everything went fine; Randy was back home in five hours, but my poor handsome boy looks a wee scary. Half of his head is shaved, and the ear itself (which was drained of 16ccs of fluid, eek), is this gigantic membraneous thing cross-hatched with numerous quilt stitches. It looks like an alien autopsy sticking out of his head.

At least he's OK; I was up all night worrying and troubling trouble.

We've already tried three E-collars to keep Randy from digging at his stitches. The first was what I call the S/M- a cuff with a strap that goes around his belly. As soon as I put it on him, he fell to the floor like a fainting goat, and refused to move. The second, a soft vinyl job, was so big that he couldn't climb the stairs. Number three was the standard rigid plastic model, which caused him to walk backwards and emit truly pathetic little gasping noises. Shug took one look at him in that one and ran to the basement. We haven't seen him since.

I don't want to torture him; he's been through enough. I know- and with any other animal, I'd say it was tough love time- that it needs to be done, but making him suffer breaks my heart. For now, I clipped his back nails to reduce the risk of tearing. He's really been pretty good.

In addition to the collar torment, today I've also denied him his breakfast, took him to a place where he mysteriously went to sleep and woke up in a cage (!), put Tresaderm on his wound, and given him a shot of painkiller. He's starting to visibly flinch every time I go near him. He's probably wondering why Mummy has suddenly become such a raging bitch.

It's gonna take a LOT of Fancy Feast to make it up to him.

And my niece just sent me a fucking chain letter.

Not a great day, but it could've been a lot worse.
Gnossos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #1252
A Simple Poet

I decided firmly on my course for my Master's degree. In the fall, oddly enough my last semester for the B.A. in Creative Writing, I'll be starting coursework for Library and Information Sciences. I want a literary life and there is no better job for an eccentric recluse than a librarian.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #1253
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
What does being a librarian pay? I could definitely do that someday.
My friend is graduating in a month with his Bachelor of Arts in Library Science. It's okay money to start, with some sweet, cushy jobs if you land them - like anywhere I suppose.

Quote:
Source
The average starting salary for librarians with up to two years' experience is $43,147, according to a 2004 report from the Special Libraries Association in Washington, D.C.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:07 AM   #1254
Morrigan_Dubh

I got up late, walked halfway to work, got a taxi for the rest of the journey. Conversed about what "goth" is with the taxi driver - couldn't really tell him what exactly it is. Got to work and had an orange at my desk for breakfast.... Now it's after lunch and I'm going back to work...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #1255
A Simple Poet

Xnguela:

Sobeh has the figure about right. In Florida the average is just about forty. But I don't care. I just want to be able to be eccentric without conformity and also surrounded by books forever.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #1256
TwistedKitsune

They had an earth day festival at the college today. I got to hang out with my crazy drumming celt again *cheer* It was REALLY good to see him and his kilt again

And I get to do it all again tomorrow, with one fantastic edition: drum circle. *happyhappyhappy*

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #1257
Saya

Aww, my sister had that a few weeks ago, DA, it was terrible.
I bear a gift from Israel:
http://www.cats.org.il/eng/images/ecard_get_well.jpg
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #1258
TwistedKitsune

awww, DA doll, feel bettah! I'll drum for you tomorrow!

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #1259
Sanctus Dei

I saw Scary Movie 4 today *makes gaging noises* but surprisingly enough it was still more entertaining then "Hostel".. Then I spent 2 hours making up for the waste of time playing God of War.. *chills* I love killin' stuff.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #1260
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Well, I sat at home with two ear infections and faded in and out of sleep for half hour stints only... I hate being sick.
DARKANGEL29: Sorry that has happened to you. 2 ear infections?!! That has to be painful. I've been sick for the past couple days, too. Serious-ass chest cold. Messed me up for a bit, but nothing compared to what you've went through. Hope you get better, D.A.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #1261
Magpie_Tendencies

I had a Japanese test that I know I did really badly on.

Then our 'Crime Stoppers' class had an excursion to the magistrates court. It was really interesting. We got to sit in on several trials.

There was a sexual assult case that we decided to leave after it started to get a little graphic.

Then there was a funny one where a woman who had stolen $35, 000 worth of stuff came in and started incriminating herself further. Her lawyer was trying to defend her and she's going, "no, no that's not right... I stole $40, 000 worth of stuff."

It was funny to watch but probably not so funny from the lawyers perspective...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #1262
Oubliette

I have 4 hours of driving time scheduled for today. Ugh! well 2 and 2 hours of observation aka nap time. Yes I'm just a couple months short of my 25th birthday and I'm just now learning to drive. *sheepish look*

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #1263
DarkIce

Oubliette - if one mostly takes the public transport system or a taxi to get around, well, then one thing that suffers are your very personal driving skills *iknowwhatitalkabout*
So - don´t be shy about it. Mmmkay, you´re not, I KNOW, I know ;-)
Old 04-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #1264
Morrigan_Dubh

I think it's better for the environment not to drive... that's my excuse anyway... that's why I walked for 50 minutes to work and another 50 back home today and everyday... sometimes it gets boring though...
Old 04-20-2006, 05:07 PM   #1265
SuicideJade

i got up, tortured my older brother about this idiot he wants to set me up with and came to the library..
exciting life i lead >_<
Old 04-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #1266
Corpus_Draconis

I did my english exam. *SCREAMS* EXAMS ARE OVER!!! FREEKIN" OVER!!!! *SCREAMS AGAIN, just for good measure*
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #1267
Crom Crauch

I... Kinda celebrated my birthday...

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #1268
Corpus_Draconis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Congrats! Is the jubilation due only to their completion, or do you think you did well, also? Either way, props for getting through them!
Thanx!
I don't think I did well on my english one, but then again, I generally have to flay my frain to within an inch of its life and keep it there for several days before I find a good essay topic, but when I have 2.5 hours to do two "loose" essays... I love literature though. I'll read more when I'm not working at a gardening centre or when I'm not painting.
My psyc exam, however, was OK. I know I blew one of the huge questions, but I haven't met anyone who didn't have a problem with it... Oh Oh Oh *flaps hands* There was a starving artist question in the multiple choice section!! And they actually used the phrase "starving artist." I'm so proud. It went something like "Consider a starving artist. If he or she were to sincerely believe that they had the ability to produce great art, but that no one would pay attention to it, at least not until they were dead, the artist would have a ______ self-efficacy and a ________ locus of control."

*flaps hands again*
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #1269
Godslayer Jillian

I bought a sudoku book today
I love them!!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #1270
Sanctus Dei

I think I earned myself a JOB today.. YES!!! The one I really want too!! The benies are unbeatable and it's only a 40 hour work week fro management?! How perfect could that be?? I do my OJT next week i think then it's smooth sailing from there. I also bought a web cam (see vids!!) then found out people lie like dogs when cornered.. fucking ass wipes.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #1271
| BlackOps | couch

*edit*

Burn in Hell.

That is all.

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 04-23-2006 at 08:45 PM.
| BlackOps | couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #1272
|BlackOps| Mindless One

Jackshit.
bumpbumpbump.
|BlackOps| Mindless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:52 PM   #1273
Magpie_Tendencies

I failed a Maths test.

I passed an Occupational Health and Safety test for our Community Action week.

I went shopping for green stuff for our sports day on Wednesday.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:52 AM   #1274
Sanctus Dei

I can't post tonight so this is what I going to do today..
Sleep, go see Silent Hill, get laid, and work again.

In that order.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 AM   #1275
Morrigan_Dubh

I downloaded a load of smiley gifs this morning... I NEVER do things like that. I don't even like smilies that much. I don't like when my outlook/word transforms : ) into . In fact I am going to turn my smilies off now...