Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #1
ThwanCondu

Poppy Z Brite Booksignings for Prime

So who met PzB on her Prime tour? Gah!!!! Oh my GODOASDOASIDHIFHSHE IS PERFECT. Sheiasdiahsfbitesizedandperfectasdindeveryahysipos sibleway!!!!!
Here is the story of me meeting PzB. The italics are my thoughts at each moment.

"Hi, how are you?" asked PzB, taking my newly purchased copy of Prime.
"Fine thanks."
'How are you', say it back. No wait, yes, no, say it. Great, it's too late now to say anything, good job, you missed the speaking gap. She's saying something...
"That's Ritchard with a 't', is it?" she said, checking the yellow post-it note I'd written my name on. "I always want to make sure I spell people's names right. Of course, if I didn't I buy them a new copy."
'Oh, well if you did that with mine, I'd have to kill you.' Idiot, you're speaking to Poppy. You're not just talking to one of your friends; Poppy is so much more important than you. None of your stupid morbid humour. She probably wouldn't like it anyway, she probably hates you.
"Mmm," I said.
PzB handed me the book, requesting that I have a nice day.
"Ymbye...yyyyyyyaaaaohmygodohmygod," I said, turning to my fellow overly excited best friends.

Unfortunately my thoughts are extremely jumbled after that but I recall lots of squeeling coming from my two friends and myself. So basically I said to Poppy Z Brite "Fine, thanks." Followed by "ohfaoi sdhaosdno sihadh oaishda sidhaso dhsaoi shda," and something resembling "abyyemmeeeee."

I'd say it was rather a success!

P.S. One of my friends thanked her for being a woman.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
DrBrite

Yes, being thanked for a (not particularly happy, in my case) accident of gender gave me a distinctly odd feeling ... your friend was a sweetheart, though! Thanks for the kind message. I'm glad someone noticed that I was on book tour. :lol:
DrBrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
WolfMoon

Some people are outta the loop.

<
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
ThwanCondu

My friend has become something of a feminist as of late. She's broken free of a somewhat oppressed life due to her having a vagina and has moved in with me, teaching me all the reasons why my Y chromosome makes me inferior! Ms. Brite, I don't believe that it's better to be a woman. But my dear lesbian friend has taught me the value of the clitoris! Think of how much you'd be missing out by having a penis! The clit has twice as many nerve endings as the penis. Twice. Us blokes will never be allowed anywhere near equal sexual stimulation as you can achieve! Just a thought...

Oh, and I think a lot of people noticed your tour...just...uh...cooler people than most of us nerds on gothic.net. By the way, I had planned on asking you to marry me when I met you. Part of me is glad I froze. Another asks, "why O why didn't you take that chance?" Now, I'm sure you would've said yes, and we'd have run right out of the store and straight to...mexico to marry, but I suppose there's no point dwelling in the past.
But I ask you, who could resist this:
Granted, I wasn't wearing the outfit at the time, but I would have, Ms. Brite...for the wedding.

Now I'm going to post this reply. I don't actually expect a response, but I do expect to be hugely embarrassed five minutes later and delete it. I think the main point is an excuse to show off, once again, my gorgeous legs. Thank you. And goodnight.[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
WolfMoon

Of course she'd run away with you!

You're such a sweet transvestite!

<*never tires of that joke and is lame*

:roll:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
DrBrite

I am happily married, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate the thought.
DrBrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
ThwanCondu

I was at a club last night and I met this guy called "Ghost" and I couldn't help but think how thankful I am that there are still goths like that who can keep things in perspective for the rest of us. Doc Brite, I promise never to nickname myself after one of your characters.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThwanCondu
Granted, I wasn't wearing the outfit at the time, but I would have, Ms. Brite...for the wedding.

Now I'm going to post this reply. I don't actually expect a response, but I do expect to be hugely embarrassed five minutes later and delete it. I think the main point is an excuse to show off, once again, my gorgeous legs. Thank you. And goodnight.
Hah. I like you. Post more. That's an order.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #9
ThwanCondu

I will now this site's back up!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:52 AM   #10
ghostposts

good. We'll be watching.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote