Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #6426
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be able to get up and go to work at 9 a.m. without needing a fifth of whisky first. I don't think I've been sober 3 days straight since I was fifteen. On an everyday basis, it doesn't bother me much - I'm goddamn high functioning compared to plenty of people I know. But sometimes my chest feels so tight I feel like I'm having the beginnings of a heart attack, and I wonder why the fuck I can't manage what millions of people do every day without a second thought.

/annual rethink of life that won't come to a fucking thing
Hm...you may want to work on that drinking before work thing, you liver with thank you and I bet you'll enjoy life a good bit more
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #6427
TheBloodEternity

None of my friends on MSN, Yahoo, AIM, or MySpazz and nearly no activity on here?

................fuck I'm bored.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
Old 08-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #6428
Deadmanwalking_05

I'm always looking for people to talk to on YIM
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #6429
Solumina

I though I had found a job that I would get, they are desperate for people, it works with my schedule, and thought that I met all of the qualifications, apparently I don't. Since it is a student job you are required to have a certain GPA, for most you just have to be in good academic standing, but for this you are required to have a 2.4, which I don't, but neither do half of the people that they hired over the Summer so though that I would be okay as long as my GPA continued to improve. According to the supervisor CNU is no longer letting them hire people who do not have a 2.4, even if there are extending circumstances (like you know a death in the family that obliterated your GPA in a previous semester and you have steadily increased you GPA ech semester after that incident). Bah stupid school
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #6430
Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Open it up and let it dry for a day or two and hopefully it will still work, if not then it may be covered if you have a warranty that covers accidental damage
I'm crossing my fingers that it will dry out, but not holding out for it. My husband's out of town, but he called me at work, laughing at me because a few months ago he ruined his PDA by dropping it in a bucket of water, and I gave him hell for it.

So I did find out it's not insured, because AT&T didn't offer insurance on my phone until a few months after I got it. GRRR It was eligible for an upgrade last month, so we'll probably either do that or check out what the warranty covers. Either way, I'm sure there's a deductible, but it's better than paying for a whole new one--which is what he had to do. That's mainly what I gave him hell for! LOL I'm just praying the SIM card isn't ruined. I had SO much stuff on it.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #6431
gothicusmaximus

She's asking "How can you act like this? HOW CAN YOU BE SO COLD?"
So I'm like, "IT'S WHAT KEEPS ME ALIVE"
And she's all "NO... IT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU ALONE"
Why is my awesome life so hard?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #6432
LetheanBlacklight

Because there are those who are just doomed to be alone, no matter how awsome they or their life may be.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #6433
Barghest

My so called "best friend" yesterday called me a whore and told me i was pretty much an awful person for currently being polyamourous (I'm not a huge slut or anything... i do like to get to know people before i sleep with them for the most part, I just tend to like a little freedom in a relationship and it's working really well for me right now.) I also am seeing a guy who's wonderful and awesome, someone i'd totally say enriches my life and supports me and with whom I have a healthy and trusting relationship going on, and he happens to work in the sex industry. My "best friend" said things so cruel about him that I won't even repeat them because they make me heartsick and sad to think that ANYONE would say them at any time.

and then my "best friend" expects me to just forget he said these things and go to brunch with him tomarrow like usual, because he's done fighting and over it.

I'm sorry, but there are some things that once said, can't be unsaid. I don't require he agree or support a lifestyle he's just not into. But if he's gonna be my friend he's gotta accept me for who I am. If i was unhappy or doing things that were dangerous, i could see his cause for concern. But I'm happier than I've been in months, and I'm not doing anything that's putting myself at risk.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 PM   #6434
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetheanBlacklight
Because there are those who are just doomed to be alone, no matter how awsome they or their life may be.
I guess I should have expected that one to go over some heads.

Quote:
My so called "best friend" yesterday called me a whore and told me i was pretty much an awful person for currently being polyamourous (I'm not a huge slut or anything... i do like to get to know people before i sleep with them for the most part, I just tend to like a little freedom in a relationship and it's working really well for me right now.) I also am seeing a guy who's wonderful and awesome, someone i'd totally say enriches my life and supports me and with whom I have a healthy and trusting relationship going on, and he happens to work in the sex industry. My "best friend" said things so cruel about him that I won't even repeat them because they make me heartsick and sad to think that ANYONE would say them at any time.

and then my "best friend" expects me to just forget he said these things and go to brunch with him tomarrow like usual, because he's done fighting and over it.

I'm sorry, but there are some things that once said, can't be unsaid. I don't require he agree or support a lifestyle he's just not into. But if he's gonna be my friend he's gotta accept me for who I am. If i was unhappy or doing things that were dangerous, i could see his cause for concern. But I'm happier than I've been in months, and I'm not doing anything that's putting myself at risk.
I think your friend wants to bone you.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #6435
Barghest

He's got a sweet, awesome, sexy girlfriend who also happens to be a friend of mine.

And he and i did our fair share of bone'in years ago. We've been over it for a year and a half now. I even asked him a few months ago if he wanted to re-kindle stuff and he was like... no way. just friends.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #6436
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barghest
He's got a sweet, awesome, sexy girlfriend who also happens to be a friend of mine.

And he and i did our fair share of bone'in years ago. We've been over it for a year and a half now. I even asked him a few months ago if he wanted to re-kindle stuff and he was like... no way. just friends.
He's probably still jealous. A lot of guys don't want their ex-girlfriends to be with anyone else, even if they themselves are uninterested in a relationship with those ex-girlfriends.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #6437
Solumina

I should be sleepy, hell I should have been sleepy an hour ago, but I'm still wide awake, quite energetic in fact. For the past week and a half I have actually had a fairly regular sleep schedule, one that will match up quite well with my classes, and now, right before classes start everything has been thrown off for no apparent reason
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #6438
Barghest

Quote:
I should be sleepy, hell I should have been sleepy an hour ago, but I'm still wide awake, quite energetic in fact. For the past week and a half I have actually had a fairly regular sleep schedule, one that will match up quite well with my classes, and now, right before classes start everything has been thrown off for no apparent reason
It's 'prolly because you're worried about needing to sleep. If it persists, I find a tablet or two of Valerian root suppliment before i go to bed really helps calm me down and lets me sleep well.

Also, if you live in a basement apartment with few windows as I do, make sure you get a bit of natural light as soon as you get up, even if it's just a stroll to the mailbox or something.

But seriously, you're probably just a bit stressed at the NEED to sleep. happens to me all the time.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #6439
Solumina

I'm not really worried about sleep, the sleep schedule wasn't planned or anything I just started to notice that I had been going to seep/getting up around the same time every day/night and I just happened to be getting up at 8 and my first class is at 9. I wasn't even thinking about sleep until I noticed what time it was so I don't think that is the cause. Also I live on the third floor and always have the blinds open during the day to make best use of all the natural light that we get so that isn't the problem either.

Normally if I am having a bit of insomnia then my body is tired and I just can't shut off my mind but that isn't the case this time, I'm just simply not tired at all, its weird.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #6440
Aaroneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be able to get up and go to work at 9 a.m. without needing a fifth of whisky first. I don't think I've been sober 3 days straight since I was fifteen. On an everyday basis, it doesn't bother me much - I'm goddamn high functioning compared to plenty of people I know. But sometimes my chest feels so tight I feel like I'm having the beginnings of a heart attack, and I wonder why the fuck I can't manage what millions of people do every day without a second thought.

/annual rethink of life that won't come to a fucking thing

Sorry; I know this is a bit late, but you remind me of my writing teacher. He went into class complaining about similar physical sensations.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #6441
Solumina

So about an hour ago I decide to go look up my class schedule so that I could write it down and take it with me as tomorrow is my first day f classes. CNU's site was down, no biggie that happens and it is usually back up in about ten minutes, not this time. The damn thing is still down, you would think that it would be a priority for the overnight IT staff seeing as this is the day before classes and all. Oh well at least I know what time my first class is and hopefully the site will be up before then.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #6442
Kristin

???sdrawkcab gnipyt potpal ym si yhW ?potpal ym htiw gnorw si lleh eht tahW
Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #6443
Kristin

Testing...what in the crap is going on? I'm on my desk computer now. My laptop is typing everything backwards. It's a Dell Inspiron. Has anyone run across this kind of problem? I'm sort of amused but also a little hysterical now because I have a lot of stuff on that computer and don't want it to break down.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #6444
Saya

does it happen only in the internet browser or any application on the computer?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #6445
Kristin

It was happening on every application. But I restarted the computer and it's working fine now, although I'm still bewildered by it. LOL I need to back up my files, but I'm having a problem with the network where I keep my backups, and have to wait until the hubby gets home to fix it. He's going to think this is great. Something weird or bad happens every time he goes out of town. So this time I washed my cell phone, and then my laptop got possessed.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #6446
Solumina

Maybe you somehow set your computer so to type from right to left, I know that some computers have that as an option, I just wouldn't know how that could have accidentally been turned on
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #6447
Saya

I was looking it up, it could've been a sticky key on the laptop, a weird language setting on the computer, or it might be a virus or malware (just run a scan to be safe). If the scan comes up clean I'd wouldn't worry, unless it happens again soon. At least it doesn't sound like a hardware issue.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 PM   #6448
Kristin

Quote:
Maybe you somehow set your computer so to type from right to left, I know that some computers have that as an option, I just wouldn't know how that could have accidentally been turned on
Sometimes the kids bang on the keyboard, but they're not allowed on it anymore, and I was on it for about an hour before it happened. So weird! Maybe it's residual damage from something the kids did. I hope not.

Quote:
I was looking it up, it could've been a sticky key on the laptop, a weird language setting on the computer, or it might be a virus or malware (just run a scan to be safe). If the scan comes up clean I'd wouldn't worry, unless it happens again soon. At least it doesn't sound like a hardware issue.
Oh yeah, I'd better do a scan. I don't think it was one sticky key, everything I typed ended up backwards, like my earlier post. The cursor was to the right of the letters. So weird! I could have accidentally pressed a few buttons in sequence to set it up that way, who knows. Oh well, hopefully the problem is over. It's kind of funny now, as long as it doesn't happen again!

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to look it up.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #6449
Saya

no problem! I own a laptop too, it sometimes likes to scare the crap out of me as well.

In other news my stomach is absolutely killing me
Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #6450
Kristin

LOL Laptops suck sometimes, but it's still the one non-living thing I'd save in a fire. *sigh* Stupid dependence on electronic appliances that I didn't have to worry about before this decade.

Sorry about your stomach.
Closed Thread